Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9484 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

Back in blue and black

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HushoftheWind
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

from DC Rebirth panel.

Tim is also back as Robin(one of many).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really like that the old outfit is gone. It looked to menacing and that''s what really rubbed me the wrong way, not the colour. The "arrow" was just to big it looked just strange to me.

Good to see Seeley being on board and Marcus To could not have been chosen better. Fernandez does not seem to be a bad artist too but I have not seen that much of his art yet.

I really like the glooves. A bit sad that the escrima will be "blank" again, I really liked their design in Grayson.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might be because I grew up on it, but I always thought that Nightwing's appearance in BTAS was perfect, specifically the look of his emblem with the bird motif added in to drive home the point of the name. Then thought that Teen Titans just updated the look and made it even better, with Young Justice most recently doing something similar:

Honestly wondered for a while now why they didn't add the bird into the comics. So if that's the costume they go with (Besides bringing back the classic black and blue) i'm 100% cool with it.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@folly:

Based on Wondercon if I had to guess I'd say Didio was the man in charge of the red and black color scheme we begrudgingly grew to accept. Whenever there was an artist change I too was displeasd whenever the emblem was drawn too wide or not quite proportional enough to the chest. Eating 5 years of red nightwing tested my patience for sure, overall though not a terribly bad design. No way it beats the trendy blue.

Not all that familiar with Fernandez, running a quick search on him but I have a good feeling. Marcus To I'm totally on board with. I remember reading an issue of Batwing he drew where Nightwing pops in. Everything about his appearance/voice was on point and it stayed fresh in my mind. Finally a wish come true having a well oiled creative team behind my favorite character. Disappointed Grayson is going to lose the static escrima, imo it gave his character an edge against metahumans(plus they looked so darn cool). Here's hoping.

Might be because I grew up on it, but I always thought that Nightwing's appearance in BTAS was perfect, specifically the look of his emblem with the bird motif added in to drive home the point of the name. Then thought that Teen Titans just updated the look and made it even better, with Young Justice most recently doing something similar:

Honestly wondered for a while now why they didn't add the bird into the comics. So if that's the costume they go with (Besides bringing back the classic black and blue) i'm 100% cool with it.

Agreed my man. The bird logo has been a long time coming. Lord knows I've harped about it making that transition from the show to comics for ages. Were it up to me, I'd have kept black ops Nightwing(Young Justice style). That way he retains the handy utility belt and snazzy "pipboy" he utilized for hacking/communication purposes. I get it, he's an acrobat so the unitard is accurate, only thing is there's little resistance against really lethal threats. It's gotta be an armored suit if he's legitimately aiming to be better than Batman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.