Follow

Dick Grayson

Character » Dick Grayson appears in 9486 issues.

As the first Robin, Dick Grayson was the most famous sidekick in comic book history. As he ventured forth on his own, he formed the Teen Titans and became their leader. When the boy became a man, he became the independent hero known as Nightwing.

A Nightwing game ideas

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

So if you were makeing a nightwing game who and what would be in it? Well we all know batman would have to be in it as well as tim damiean and jason. Apart from those dude what villens would be in the game and who would be the big bad you need to beat.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Shrike
    Blockbuster
    Deathstroke
    Bride and Groom
    Brutale
    Night-wing
    Torque
    Tarantula
    Mister Fun

Due to his time with Batman and the Teen Titans, Dick Grayson has come into conflict with nearly every villain in the DCU.....probably even more than Batman has...you could probably throw anyone in their and it would make sense in some way

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By z3ro180

@cattlebattle: who woul you say is dicks nemesis?? i would have sayed jason todd but after eading battle of the cowl and the wiki i would say jason is more of a rivel than a nemesis.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Z3RO180 said:

@cattlebattle: who woul you say is dicks nemesis?? i would have sayed jason todd but after eading battle of the cowl and the wiki i would say jason is more of a rivel than a nemesis.

Shrike is a prominent nemesis of his....his equal some would say

Deathstroke was his nemesis in the earlier days....but has graduated to larger threat
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By z3ro180

@cattlebattle: Why did deathstroke want to kill grayson. Also for a nightwing game it would have to be open world but what city would be better gotham or bludhaven.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Z3RO180: Bludhaven...that was Nightwings city

Deathstroke had an obsession with the Teen Titans because he felt they were responsible for his sons death and because Dick was the leader, they came into conflict
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By z3ro180

yea that would make sence it is or was his city and i think the big bad would have to be Deathstroke cause i just dount see this shike being a good big bad for a game other than Slade i dount think Dick has a joker-type enime.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmoothJammin

@Z3RO180: Dick also converted his youngest daughter and heir to the throne into a hero under Slade's own watch. He despised him for that which is the reason Bludhaven no longer exists. Deathstroke dropped chemo on the city to get back at him for his daughters(and his own) betrayal.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmoothJammin

Bludhaven. The developers of Assassins Creed need to get on this. The nemesis is Slade and he's threatening to drop Chemo unless Nightwing can stop him

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ReVamp

@SmoothJammin said:

@Z3RO180: Dick also converted his youngest daughter and heir to the throne into a hero under Slade's own watch. He despised him for that which is the reason Bludhaven no longer exists. Deathstroke dropped chemo on the city to get back at him for his daughters(and his own) betrayal.

He dropped it before she actually converted mate. After Nightwing taught her and took her under his wing, but before Slade dropped Chemo on the city.

Cage_2913_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Cage_2913_69

I'd have a series of game called "Grayson"

1.) Grayson-This would be about his time as Robin with Batman.

Main Villains: He would fight Some of Batman's rouge gallery.

2.) Grayson: Darkest Nights-This one would be about him with the teen titans.

Main Villain: Deathstroke, but he would fight other villains as well.

3.) Grayson: Rebirth part 1-This one would be his life in Bludhaven as Nightwing.

Main Villain: Deathstroke

4.) Grayson: Rebirth part 2- This would follow the story line of Batman:Battle for the Cowl.

Main Villain: Jason Todd

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmoothJammin

@ReVamp said:

@SmoothJammin said:

He dropped it before she actually converted mate. After Nightwing taught her and took her under his wing, but before Slade dropped Chemo on the city.

Ahh ok, my mistake. Thanks for catching that broski

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@Cage_2913_69 said:

3.) Grayson: Rebirth part 1-This one would be his life in Bludhaven as Nightwing.

4.) Grayson: Rebirth part 2- This would follow the story line of Batman:Battle for the Cowl.

I like.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmoothJammin

At the very least, we're getting Young Justice Legacy which features Nightwing as a prominent character. Next Arkham game has to include our old boy

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By z3ro180

@SmoothJammin: they are makeing a YJ game ?

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KNlGHTWlNG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KNlGHTWlNG

I'm always a fan of open environment games. I would like to see them do his movement a lot like the Spiderman games. I feel like "web swinging" with the two grappling hooks he sometimes is shown in his gauntlets would be a lot of fun. Plus there's a lot of flips and acrobatics involved which is Nightwing to the core. Stealth is a big element, but instead of using key placed gargoyles I think Nightwing will be able to keep ahead of the bad guys from speed and acrobatics. Moving from cover point to cover point quickly, using parkour to get gain tactical advantage on the enemies, throwing wing-dings to distract enemies. Add detective vision and upgradable equipment like in the Arkham games and I think you got a winner.

But the story could be mainly focused on stopping Blockbuster (my favorite Nightwing villain) from taking over the city. Plus he would make a great boss fight. Tons of side quests like stopping Deathstroke's assassinations, helping Bat-Family members with missions, stop random crimes, throw in some other villains to face and guest appearances from other heroes while also collecting things for Hayley's Circus. One can only dream.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By graysonofgotham

@KNlGHTWlNG said:

I'm always a fan of open environment games. I would like to see them do his movement a lot like the Spiderman games. I feel like "web swinging" with the two grappling hooks he sometimes is shown in his gauntlets would be a lot of fun. Plus there's a lot of flips and acrobatics involved which is Nightwing to the core. Stealth is a big element, but instead of using key placed gargoyles I think Nightwing will be able to keep ahead of the bad guys from speed and acrobatics. Moving from cover point to cover point quickly, using parkour to get gain tactical advantage on the enemies, throwing wing-dings to distract enemies. Add detective vision and upgradable equipment like in the Arkham games and I think you got a winner.

But the story could be mainly focused on stopping Blockbuster (my favorite Nightwing villain) from taking over the city. Plus he would make a great boss fight. Tons of side quests like stopping Deathstroke's assassinations, helping Bat-Family members with missions, stop random crimes, throw in some other villains to face and guest appearances from other heroes while also collecting things for Hayley's Circus. One can only dream.

I'd play it non-stop.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SmoothJammin

@KNlGHTWlNG said:

Wow o.O

When does this go on sale? I need to pre-order

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By darktiger

@ReVamp said:

@Cage_2913_69 said:

I like.

brilliant Idea

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@cattlebattle: Why did deathstroke want to kill grayson. Also for a nightwing game it would have to be open world but what city would be better gotham or bludhaven.

IT should be an open world format similar to GTA or Infamous. Could start in Gotham (as Robin) then a small stint in Metropolis (after fighting Batman about the way things should be done and he quits being Robin and takes on the name Nightwing) before moving on to Bludhaven (taking on Shrike, Nite-Wing, Tarantula, Blockbuster and finally Deathstroke) then coming back to Gotham (after Bludhaven is destroyed, taking on Two-Face) then would come battle for The Cowl (he would have little matches against Tim, Damien, among others with Jason Todd as Batman being the final Villain for that stage) after that he would take on Professor Pyg, Two-Face, Penguin, and at the end Black Mask. For the final mission i would have him work with Damien and Jokers new persona in the absence of Bruce then faces Talia and a controlled Damien and for the final battle He would have to track down and beat Bruce in his Insider suit.

Then i would make an add-on for the next chapter as Dick goes back to being Nightwing and moves to Chicago (skipping the whole Death in the Family arc)

SuperJedi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SuperJedi17

Well,I think I'd like to play one with a somewhat new continuity,like the Arkham games,or maybe even in the Arkham games continuity. I really want one,but at most,I can see it either being a downloadable game,or Grayson getting a dlc akin to Catwoman in Arkham 4,(I'd prefer it not dlc,but it doesn't matter what I want,I'm just a fan :| )

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cage_2913_69: Can't imagine a game ever bein called "Grayson"..Imagine a Batman game just called "Wayne"?? Lol...

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Superjedi17: ^^^ That guy's idea was chock full of win. If a Nightwing game ran on the oldschool ps2 Spiderman mechanics(haven't played any of the new ones idk if still the same)I'm sure it would garner a respectable audience. I can picture Nightwing swinging through town on two ziplines since stylistically his movement is more artistic than Batman's, meaning to me he shouldn't be limited to simply grapnel gunning onto gargoyles for quick transport. Instead of using vehicles to get around to farther parts of the map it would also save the developers a little hassle if they brought in trains who's routes you'd have to memorize for long distance travel.

It'd actually be great if they made traffic ridiculously hostile just to reinforce using the train exercises. Trainsurfing should reveal hidden parts of the map and let you know which areas haven't been unlocked yet. Offer a passive approach to what the Arkham games do well with it's own distinct flavor. Chicago and Bludhaven are both colorful cities after all. The player should feel encouraged to swing around the open world environment freely and interact with the people/locations. Less sneaking around unless it's for stealth missions, Nightwing's presence in the city ought to be common. I think this is the best template to use if the game ever comes to fruition.

PhantomArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a great nightwing game would be open world bludheaven which focuses on acrobatics to get around and detective skills similar to batman origins, and which a fighting style similar to spider man that would be the best game ever

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So with Arkham Knight coming out this year, I think there's a strong possibility that we'll see Nightwing in it (to some extent). He was a DLC character in Arkham City, so it's likely that he will either be another character used for challenges or he would be a free-roam character. I'm really hoping that it's both.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bystander

Slade is his Nemesis!! Make him a final boss!
    Plus, a free-roam city to explore, atack and gear upgrades, dozens of unlockable suits and notourious villains.

P.S. Make Red Hood a playable character and one of the key characters of the game. I ain't annything against Mr. Drake either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe have him go after tony zucco

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd play a 2D side scroller with SNES graphics if Nightwing was the title character of the game. That's how I desperate I am.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By graysonofgotham

I'd play a 2D side scroller with SNES graphics if Nightwing was the title character of the game. That's how I desperate I am.

Desperate? That would be amazing!

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smoothjammin said:

Heck yea dude. Man screw my PS3 I'm going retro tonight.. lets fire this badboy up lol. I need my BTAS fix

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By graysonofgotham

@richardjohngrayson said:

@smoothjammin said:

Heck yea dude. Man screw my PS3 I'm going retro tonight.. lets fire this badboy up lol. I need my BTAS fix

Awesome!

NightwingX012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I made a Nightwing game, (If I could make one game, it would be a Nightwing game) I would make it stayed like an Arkham game. It would take place in Blüdhaven (Populated). The main villain would be Deathstroke who has been hired to kill Nightwing, anyway possible. Oracle would be an assistant, who helps with objectives, upgrades, and that stuff. You would be able to go to Nightwing's apartment to get upgrades and it would serve as a general hub. Something different than the Arkham Games, it would have lots of parkour and acrobatics, since that's Nightwing's specialty. There would be a side mission where you team up with Robin (Tim Drake) and part of the story where you work with Batman. The story would end with a tease for a sequel, with Red Hood as the villain. There would be a Black mask, Deadshot, Penguin, Blockbuster, and other side-missions. You can also call the Wing-Cycle (Nightwing's motorcycle). The bike would only be used as transportation. (No tank or anything like that) Eventually, I may update the idea, but this is what I've got for now.

Avatar image for swagpatrolalpha
    SwagPatrolAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm kinda late, but I still have my opinion. This is how I want the game to play out:

Memory Missions

An entertaining feature would be to play the past experiences of Dick Grayson. I like the idea of being able to play his past. I could imagine the player, playing as Dick Grayson on a trapeze. You could be with your parents that night. Then at the end, they fall, and that is the end of that certain memory. Then, if you are at the pause menu, you could open up missions(Like The AR Challenges in Arkham Knight) A bunch of 'memory missions' could then be unlocked, like a trapeze practice game, or a game where you do the most stunts on the trapeze in the least amount of time. Another flashback you could play, is a mission with the Titans.

Multiplayer

I’d like to see a co-op system like Arkham Knight, yet you could have a friend play with you, either online, or with another controller. You wouldn’t always have to play as the hero. Maybe there could be a mission where you play as Deathstroke, and you are ordered with breaking someone out of a prison. Or possibly the player could play a mission as a Talon, and they would be able to invite friends to play as other Talons with them. The maximum for a single screen in four players, yet if you invite your friends from online, then you could play with as many Talons as possible. It doesn’t only have to be with Talons. You could be street thugs, members of the League of Shadows, or members of Blockbuster’s gang. As the game progresses, you should be able to unlock more characters-such as, Deathstroke, A Talon, Raptor, etc. While in free roam, the player should be able to call in any of the other characters and they can play together.

Morality Meter

Nightwing hasn’t alway been known as a hero, so there should be a way of showing how the public sees him. Do they see him as a menace? Do they see him as a hero? It all depends on how you play. There will be mission across the map that will boost your morality. If you successfully complete a morality mission, then the morality meter will be on the green side. If you fail or ignore a morality mission, then the morality meter will be on the red side. Your morality will help you out on missions. If you are doing well, then there will be police officers who will attempt to help you out, even though the police will be ordered to fight against Nightwing.

The player can use their in-game technology to access the map, which provides the player with information of activities taking place in the area at the time. Players can use the map to track current activities and missions the player will be able to participate in throughout the game. Missions include:

• Investigation: Players must use their detective skills to solve a mystery. This can be done as both Nightwing and Dick Grayson.

• Task Force: if you are viewed as a menace, the Task Force will appear as officers, robots, and turrets to eliminate you if the crime rate is up in Blüdhaven.

• Police Deadlock: Players must aid the police in defeating the criminals

• Rescue: Players must help civilians in need of assistance

• Gang Hideouts: Players must infiltrate Blockbuster hideouts in order to recover stolen technology

• Petty Crime: Players Must stop Robberies

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.