Follow

Defenders

Team » Defenders appears in 793 issues.

The Defenders are a super-group in the Marvel Universe usually led by Doctor Strange. The team that wasn't a team, often fights against supernatural and magic-based opponents. Protecting humanity from the impossible!

The Fearless Defenders #5 reveals the whole roster

avenger693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 41

Edited By avenger693
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SC  Moderator

Uhm hello, I am almost confident that that is NOT the entire roster, its just a cover. Those characters will be appearing in that issue (which can actually be rare in comics for characters on covers to definitely appear), but no one should expect all those characters to appear regularly in the series as team members. My reasoning, is that the writer has explained as much, and also covers are covers are covers, its never safe to assume what they might mean. They are often misleading on purpose if not by accident. I actually love all those characters but is a bit too big for a ongoing cast anyway. Oh that and more characters are set to appear over time to - the books success dependent.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By DH69

If half of them actually join the roster i'll be happy as hell, right now the only reason im reading it is because of valkyrie, sadly i couldnt give two **** about misty and danny

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By Teerack

Omg I can't handle this overwhelming information /faint

BLACK CAT YESSSSSSS

So happy to see Victoria alive :D Her death really bummed me out at the end of New Avengers! :) Hopefully she'll end up being more bad ass and in the action then she was in New Avengers.

Only girls I don't see that I wanna see is Agent 13 and Sersi.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

Also are you sure thats Victoria Hand and not say Maria Vasquez?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@SC said:

Uhm hello, I am almost confident that that is NOT the entire roster, its just a cover. Those characters will be appearing in that issue (which can actually be rare in comics for characters on covers to definitely appear), but no one should expect all those characters to appear regularly in the series as team members. My reasoning, is that the writer has explained as much, and also covers are covers are covers, its never safe to assume what they might mean. They are often misleading on purpose if not by accident. I actually love all those characters but is a bit too big for a ongoing cast anyway. Oh that and more characters are set to appear over time to - the books success dependent.

Agreed. I haven't seen anything to suggest that this will be the roster.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By evilvegeta74

Best female roster ever, hell this is one of the best rosters ever. Too bad they don't have her:

rphailey98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By rphailey98

Personally, I think they need to stay away from characters that are in multiple books. But I do love how the artist is paying homage to fighting games.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lykopis

Hmm --- having read through the posts here, clearly this is a one-off. Cool cover though, I will give them that. As for considering all these characters part of the roster -- no. It's supposed to be just cameos and whatnot, last I checked from the writer (as was mentioned earlier in this thread).

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By papad1992

@DH69 said:

If half of them actually join the roster i'll be happy as hell, right now the only reason im reading it is because of valkyrie, sadly i couldnt give two **** about misty and danny

HEY!! Moonstar is one of the BEST characters in Marvel! And her name is spelled Dani not Danny!

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By akbogert

I just fell in love with Mark Brooks' art all over again.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DH69

@papad1992 said:

@DH69 said:

HEY!! Moonstar is one of the BEST characters in Marvel! And her name is spelled Dani not Danny!

i redirect you to the second part of my statement.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By akbogert

@DH69: the part in which you misspelled the character's name (which was corrected in the second part of papad's statement)?

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By papad1992

@akbogert: @DH69 said:

@papad1992 said:

@DH69 said:

i redirect you to the second part of my statement.

Me confuzed!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#14  Edited By Teerack

@evilvegeta74: Who is that?

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By fesak  Moderator

That's not the roster, the writer said in an interview that only characters that weren't on any other team would be on the actual Fearless team, however anyone could make an guest appearance.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Teerack said:

@evilvegeta74: Who is that?

Magik!

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kid Apollo

totally had the same thoughts as you on the character with the red and black hair, but i think its Tarantula because Victoria Hand is currently dead (i know that doesnt mean much these days) and Victoria is rarely seen with her glasses and is kinda of a non-combatatn. dont get me wrong, i know she can fight, but this cover is based off of fighting games. i find it hard to believe the artist/whoever chose this cover would have Ms. Hand against all these other heroes that could tune her

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.