Follow

Deathstroke

Character » Deathstroke appears in 1335 issues.

Genetically engineered to surpass all human limits, Slade Wilson was once a soldier but now works as one of the most feared assassins in the DC Universe. He has frequently clashed with the Teen Titans, Batman, Green Arrow, the Justice League, and even gods!

Deathstroke & Deadpool

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By SladeRogers

Keeping things short as I can on this one. Who's the all-time favorite; Slade or Wade? I know Wade is meant as a joke between the companies as to say Slade and he are related, but who is the best in loyur opinions?

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Cherry Bomb

Slade, I prefer the deadly and serious better than the deadly and trying-to-be-funny.

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SladeRogers
    @Cherry Bomb:
    Thank you. He's the greatest to me. Now if he'd just take out Jason Todd LOL.
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mutant X

Wade, hands down.

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SladeRogers
    @Mutant X:
    Like why dude?!
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach

To me comparing Deathstroke the Terminator to Deadpool is like comparing a brand new spiffy mercedes to a broken down carriage without a horse.

Deathstroke is just better in every way that matters to make me want to read him.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By sexy_merc

They're both pretty lame nowadays, but Deathstroke just for sh**s and giggles.

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SladeRogers
    @Sexy Merc:
    Lame? Deadpool, yes because they continually put him where he doesn't belong; comics that aren't his. Adding him to the X-Force might not have been the wise choice on Marvel's behalf (even though he was somewhat of Cable's friend). Deathstroke is like not used like he should be sometimes. 
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Primmaster64

They kinda met once in Superman/Batman annual # 1

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By doordoor123
    @Sexy Merc said:
    " They're both pretty lame nowadays, but Deathstroke just for sh**s and giggles. "
    i agree. But Deadpool for sh**s and giggles.
    Avatar image for the_ace_of_knaves
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i don't see the appeal of deathstroke personally. i read all his old series when he still had the "Terminator" on the end of his name. And you know what? Wintergreen had more interesting things to say than Slade.

Yea he's a bad ass merc... but to me, his personality is about as engaging and interesting as watching paint dry. 

At least Deadpool has a personality... love it or hate it is all down to opinion. And Deadpool is actually a much more psychologically complex character with a much more compelling origin story. Because let's be honest, Deathstrokes origin is basically a straight up rip off of Captain America's... without the interesting parts.  Plus Deadpool has never received the Mary Sue/Gary Stu treatment like Slade has. Tripping up the Flash? Out manouvering Superman? GTFO. Terrible writing.

Also... what the hell is up with his strange fascination with children? Is the guy a peedo or something? lol.

At the end of the day Deathstroke has never, ever, ever had a book anywhere near the level of Joe Kelly's Deadpool. Or even Cable and Deadpool for that matter.

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SladeRogers
    @the ace of knaves:
    Okay then, point taken. BUT DEATHSTROKE WILL STILL KICK HIS BITCH ASS!!!!!!! 
    Avatar image for crimsonalchemist
    CrimsonAlchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CrimsonAlchemist
    @SladeRogers: Nope in the the superman/batman annual 1 he had alot of trouble doing that.
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SladeRogers
    @CrimsonAlchemist:
    Seriously??????!!!!!!!!!!!!! SLADE COULDN'T KICK HIS ASS???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#14  Edited By The Lobster
    @SladeRogers said:
    " @CrimsonAlchemist: Seriously??????!!!!!!!!!!!!! SLADE COULDN'T KICK HIS ASS???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
    It's true, see

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By mavfan626

Deadpool easy! XD

SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SladeRogers
    @mavfan626:
    DAMMIT!!!!!!!! Let's just call it a tie. I love them both, now drop it please.
    Avatar image for oihooliganismoi
    oiHooliganismoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oiHooliganismoi

slade ftw

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @SladeRogers said:

" @mavfan626: DAMMIT!!!!!!!! Let's just call it a tie. I love them both, now drop it please. "

no, because it's not even close to one, it's a floor wiping with Deathstroke delivering.
    Miss Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Miss Marvel

It's funny reading all they's comments! It's like watching a huge tug-of-war game and it's gettin' brutale man! lol. 

P.S. 
    !!!!!DEADPOOL!!!!!  
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Watch Dog
    @the ace of knaves said:
    " i don't see the appeal of deathstroke personally. i read all his old series when he still had the "Terminator" on the end of his name. And you know what? Wintergreen had more interesting things to say than Slade.  Yea he's a bad ass merc... but to me, his personality is about as engaging and interesting as watching paint dry.   At least Deadpool has a personality... love it or hate it is all down to opinion. And Deadpool is actually a much more psychologically complex character with a much more compelling origin story. Because let's be honest, Deathstrokes origin is basically a straight up rip off of Captain America's... without the interesting parts.  Plus Deadpool has never received the Mary Sue/Gary Stu treatment like Slade has. Tripping up the Flash? Out manouvering Superman? GTFO. Terrible writing. Also... what the hell is up with his strange fascination with children? Is the guy a peedo or something? lol.  At the end of the day Deathstroke has never, ever, ever had a book anywhere near the level of Joe Kelly's Deadpool. Or even Cable and Deadpool for that matter. "
    Well said and all true.

Go DeadPool!!
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone explain to me what makes Deathstroke appealing? And if you say it's because he is like a bad version of Batman and because he is a bad ass i will laugh at you.

i'm talking characterization, personality etc etc.

not just "COZ HE IS TEH BAD ASS WHO CAN TRIP UP FLASH!!!111" which yea, was terrible, terrible, terrible Mary Sue writing.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People,. you should really notice, some character are cool just for the fact how they are. 
    Deathstroke is cool in his own way.  
    So many people attack Deadpool fans for the fact they attack Deathstroke to make Deadpool look better, that is wrong, and make Deadpool look bad. 
    I like Both, i like more Deadpool, but i i like both for diferent reasons.

the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ain't attacking Deathstroke to make Deadpool look better. I'm not attacking Deathstroke at all. I'm just curious as to what his appeal is. 

People always say Deadpool is a lame rip off of Deathstroke... but from what i've read of Deathstroke, which is quite a lot, Deathstroke is lame anyway. He's some super duper bad ass yea i know that... but there needs to be more than that to make a good character.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the ace of knaves said:
    "I ain't attacking Deathstroke to make Deadpool look better. I'm not attacking Deathstroke at all. I'm just curious as to what his appeal is.   People always say Deadpool is a lame rip off of Deathstroke... but from what i've read of Deathstroke, which is quite a lot, Deathstroke is lame anyway. He's some super duper bad ass yea i know that... but there needs to be more than that to make a good character. "

Deathstroke is that style of characters that always will have a fan base, but if you dont like him, is for the fact you dont like Deahstroke style characters.  
    You, know what you say, is the same that so many people thing about Deadpool. 
    I like Deathstroke, why, well he is smart, he dont have that Jack Bauer feeling, that i could beat any one. 
    I mean, i dont understand why people like the Punisher, for me he is over and he have no place in Marvel anymore.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#25  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @The Lobster said:
    " @SladeRogers said:
    " @CrimsonAlchemist: Seriously??????!!!!!!!!!!!!! SLADE COULDN'T KICK HIS ASS???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
    It's true, see

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "
    O_O Is that a freakin' dog sticking out of his back?! xD
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26  Edited By The Lobster
    @War Killer:  

HA!!!!  It Totally is, I never noticed that before!!! That's awesome on so many levels, and I though the spatula was funny, the dog was the icing on top of the cake. 

Also here is another image I just found. 
    No Caption Provided
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @the ace of knaves said:
    "I ain't attacking Deathstroke to make Deadpool look better. I'm not attacking Deathstroke at all. I'm just curious as to what his appeal is.   People always say Deadpool is a lame rip off of Deathstroke... but from what i've read of Deathstroke, which is quite a lot, Deathstroke is lame anyway. He's some super duper bad ass yea i know that... but there needs to be more than that to make a good character. "
    Deathstroke is that style of characters that always will have a fan base, but if you dont like him, is for the fact you dont like Deahstroke style characters.  You, know what you say, is the same that so many people thing about Deadpool. I like Deathstroke, why, well he is smart, he dont have that Jack Bauer feeling, that i could beat any one. I mean, i dont understand why people like the Punisher, for me he is over and he have no place in Marvel anymore. "
    Yea well i don't like Punisher either... he's another shallow, bad ass. And he is a walking talking Hollywood cliche too.

But i gotta disagree with one point you made... Deathstroke is written as a Mary Sue most of the time. I mean, he beat the Flash? Ran rings round Superman? That's just atrocious writing.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the ace of knaves said:
    " @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @the ace of knaves said:
    Deathstroke is that style of characters that always will have a fan base, but if you dont like him, is for the fact you dont like Deahstroke style characters.  You, know what you say, is the same that so many people thing about Deadpool. I like Deathstroke, why, well he is smart, he dont have that Jack Bauer feeling, that i could beat any one. I mean, i dont understand why people like the Punisher, for me he is over and he have no place in Marvel anymore. "
    Yea well i don't like Punisher either... he's another shallow, bad ass. And he is a walking talking Hollywood cliche too.  But i gotta disagree with one point you made... Deathstroke is written as a Mary Sue most of the time. I mean, he beat the Flash? Ran rings round Superman? That's just atrocious writing. "

The same could be say about Deadpool, how many time he beat guys, stronger and better than him? 
    And also all the times he lost to look cool, i know youe like Deadpool, but almost every character have mary sue storylines
    Did you mean beat Flash? Did you remember all the Flash villians? I mean he could go an try to beat Captain Boomerang and still i belive Captain is a better character that Flash.
    Some people like some character adn other likess other characters.
    The same question yo do about Deatstroke could be done about Deadpool.
    Still not everybody will like Deadpool.
    SladeRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SladeRogers
    @DeathpooltheT1000:
    @the ace of knaves:

Okay I agree with you arguments, but can we please keep the Punisher out of this dudes........
    GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By GT-Man

DEADPOOL!!!!! 
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Deathstroke anyone who knows me on this site knows that 

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By DanialCarroll

I like comedy in comics, so I'm going for Deadpool :)

zachowon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I havnt seen deathstroke kill all of dc like I have seen deadpool explain to me how can this happen

KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is a "lol so random" fad for people who aren't even into comics. Deathstroke a lot cooler in my opinion.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wade Wilson FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.