Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3321 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Writers who should write Deadpool someday

taconatsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By taconatsi

Let it be one-shot, a whole run, mini-series or guest appearance in other character's book, who you think should have a shot at writing Deadpool?

Here are some of my choices:

Mark Millar - Kinda natural choice, since he loves to write stuff with a lot of violence and dark humor. Just make sure that you have a good editor to keep an eye on him, so we don't have another Nemesis in our hands.

Robert Kirkman - Just take a look at the first two Marvel Zombies. Kirkman can write some really funny, but also really twisted stuff and if he can make bunch of flesh-eating zombies likeable protagonists, I'm sure that he could make psychopathic mercenary likeable. Also, if you have read Invincible, you should know that he is good with meta-jokes.

Tim Seeley - I actually believe that if he could have a free hands with the character, he could be the next Joe Kelly. Just take a look at Hack/Slah (note: I have only read Omnibus 1, so there's a possibility that his writing has gone downhill since then). Tim can make characters really messed up in their heads, making you wonder if they are really any better than the villains, while also having a lot of fun with the tongue-in-cheek violence.

Garth Ennis - Not really sure if I would like to see him tackle mainstream Marvel Universe Deadpool, but maybe... just maybe, it would be interesting to see him do darker alternative universe story about Deadpool.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By The Lobster

Brian Azzarello - I'd love to see a graphic novel in the same vein as Joker or Luther but done with Deadpool.

Andy Diggle - I know he wrote him a bit in the Thunderbolts/Deadpool crossover, but I'd like to see what he can do without writing the Waypool version of Deadpool.

Scott Snyder - Just cause it's friggin Scott Snyder.

Peter Milligan - 5 Ronin was awesome, I'd love to see him tackle Deadpool again.

Paul Dini - This guy has written some of the best Batman stories, I'm sure he could write at least one decent Deadpool story.

taconatsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mav said:

Tim Seeley - I actually believe that if he could have a free hands with the character, he could be the next Joe Kelly. Just take a look at Hack/Slah (note: I have only read Omnibus 1, so there's a possibility that his writing has gone downhill since then). Tim can make characters really messed up in their heads, making you wonder if they are really any better than the villains, while also having a lot of fun with the tongue-in-cheek violence.

It's happening! =D

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/deadpool-gets-ready-to-take-on-thanos/1100-152453/

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
    graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have always dreamed of a Grant Morrison Deadpool run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.