Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

So if Deadpool is an agent of SHIELD...

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By reignmaker

...shouldn't he be going on some team-up missions with Hulk? Hulk is apparently working with SHIELD in his new book as well.

This is just the initial impression of a newcomer. It just seems to me that Waid and the Deadpool writers have the same premise in mind for their Marvel Now books.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@Reignmaker said:

...shouldn't he be going on some team-up missions with Hulk? Hulk is apparently working with SHIELD in his new book as well.

This is just the initial impression of a newcomer. It just seems to me that Waid and the Deadpool writers have the same premise in mind for their Marvel Now books.

I don't see that team-up lasting long. Wade would have Hulk smashing HIM more than whoever they're fighting and while it would be funny in that respect, it'd get old pretty fast. Maybe a single team up, but nothing permanent.

sunhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By sunhawk

hulk would never be hulked out enough for a fight. he would be laughing at wade too much.

BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BigMaraSpence

Wasn't he just deputized by SHIELD so he could deal with the dead presidents? I don't think he is an official agent.

Avatar image for victorvondoom_1
    VictorVonDoom_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VictorVonDoom_1

@BigMaraSpence said:

Wasn't he just deputized by SHIELD so he could deal with the dead presidents? I don't think he is an official agent.

Same what I was thinking. Pretty sure after he's done taking care of the presidents, they'll cut him loose. With his cut of the pay of course.

Avatar image for themarvelfanboy
    TheMarvelFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheMarvelFanboy

Hopefully he stays with SHIELD. I dont care too much for a solo Deadpool comic after what the "Way" era did to his legacy.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I actually think S.H.I.E.L.D. would be a good job for Wade. He gets paid, he's allowed to kill (unless told otherwise) and it may finally get him some damn respect. His mercenary career hasn't been doing as well as it used to, and if the government let Norman Osborn become as powerful as he did, I'm sure Wade wouldn't have a problem joining.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JonSmith

Deadpool and Hulk would either be an incredibly useless but destructive team, or the best strike team ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.