Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Scott Adkins The Other Deadpool

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

After people talk about Ryan, i belive so many guys belive Ryan did all the Deadpool stunts, i mean Ryan could kick my ass i know, but this guy made Yuri Boyka, he is the guy that did all Ryan Stunts.
    I mean people underrated him and he must be a factor to the Deadpool movie be a good movie.

The problem of him being Deadpool stunt doubles is, you will need other stunt actors at his level or the movie could become a just one man show, i mean Deadpool is so awesome, being Ryan Reynolds as face actor and Scott Adkins as body actor put him in another level.
    I just wish they dont do crappy action stunts like X 2, i mean great movie, what so ever Kelly Hu, was the only good thing, talking about the action.

I mean, is really hard to talk abot this, but Rodriguez is not the best action director, he is loved, but so many people do a better job, also since you have two amazing guys on the movie, what could fail?
    Well the rest of the casting, i have talked about my casting about actors, but about stunt guys is harder, i mean, this guy was part of the original Casting of the Expandables, some people say he will be part of the sequel.

Here is an example, Kelly Hu kicked Hugh ass, here Scott kick her ass so hard i even feel bad for remember this movie,ok she wins, still she is the good girl, the good girl never loose, still you notice the fact, how bad Hugh looked in the X 2 stunt?
    I like Hugh, i think he have an ego, still a very cool guy, i mean, he was here in Mèxico and was talking with all the people, take pictures and kissed all the girls that wanted a kiss of him. 

Anyway, i mean i know people will say Jason Satham, lets going to be honest, Jason is really cool, still is not as good as this guy, he could give great stunts, but he is not the best in martial arts stunts.
    I mean, Jet Li use stunt doubles, he does all the martial arts thing, but when he have to jump high thing or do, Jacke Chan style thing, he dont do them, becuase, well they could kill him, still Jet is amazing on his movies, i mean, i knwo i am not the only fan that thinks, actors are the most overrated part of a movie, i know a great casting does a good movie, but for a great movie you need something else.
    Adkins is that to Deadpool, but who could be that to i dont know, Agent X ? Domino? Cable?
    I know this could sound bad, but i think people should really notice that Deadpool is a great martial artist, i mean he is the mian character, but if the other guys dont look as cool as Pool, then people will hate the movie.
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

Very few people think Ryan Reynolds did the stunts. It was very publicized that Scott Adkins was Weapons XI. Some people even tried to say that they were separate characters.

Scott Adkins is an amazing stunt man. Have you seen Undisputed 2 and 3? AMAZING.

Hell, if Reynolds can't do it just have Adkins do it. He's a good actor. And it might confuse people into thinking Reynolds is still in it.

Avatar image for the_ace_of_knaves
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By the ace of knaves

Reynolds did all the sword work. He trained for ages to do that. Adkins did all that crazy flipping around as Weapon XI.

But no, he shouldn't play Deadpool. He isn't a very good actor. He has no comic timing. Just because a mask is worn doesn't mean you don't need a good actor. In fact you need someone who is a very good actor to pull off a role where a mask is worn 99% of the time. You need someone who can show their emotions and all that without ever seeing their face for example.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By G'bandit

It was always clear to me that Adkin did the stunts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 123422

Scott Adkins is awesome, love Undisputed 2 & 3, The Tournament is also a pretty memorable appearance of him (albeit a short one)
    actually he's a pretty good actor, too but his martial art skills is way better

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the ace of knaves: Go rent Undisputed 2 and 3. You'll see he's a good actor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 123422
    @Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    " @the ace of knaves: Go rent Undisputed 2 and 3. You'll see he's a good actor. "
    Someone agrees, Undisputed 2 & 3 is awesome, i'm surprised it's not a theatrical relase, great fights, awesome acting, hell, if there's a Boyka spin-off i'd be really happy
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the ace of knaves

I've seen Undisputed 2. Whilst Adkins was the best thing about it... that isn't really saying much. They are straight to DVD movies for a reason...

And like i said, the guy has never displayed any ability for comedy. Reynolds has this natural charisma and comic timing that you cannot teach. And Reynolds is an underrated dramatic actor. He was amazing in The Nines. Also showed his acting chops in Fireflies in the Garden and Chaos Theory.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the ace of knaves: Theya re straight to DVD because people aren't interested in Martial Arts movies in theatres.

He was also the star in another movie (I can't recall the title) where he was a ninja. And he showed some comedic timing there. He's a competent actor and I hope they cast him as Iron Fist. THAT WOULD ROCK!
    WolfMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By WolfMonkey
    @the ace of knaves said:
    "They are straight to DVD movies for a reason..."
    Scooby Doo had a dozen straight to video/dvd movies and they were all great, doesnt mean anything
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WolfMonkey:  I don't think you''re helping.
    WolfMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By WolfMonkey
    @Abnormally Warm Guy: what, you dont like scooby doo?
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scooby Doo sucks. Well, i liked the original Hanna Barbera toons. But the new ones and the live action films are a travesty.

Anyway... Deadpool is a difficult character to pull of. He's a difficult character to write properly... and he's a difficult character to portray in live action properly. You need someone who "gets" the character, like Reynolds. There needs to be a balance of darkly comic humour, impending violence that can rear it's head at any time, even in the midst of a joke... and a totally tragic and broken up schlub of a man who doesn't know whether to be manically depressed or hyperactively insane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 123422
    " @the ace of knaves: Theya re straight to DVD because people aren't interested in Martial Arts movies in theatres.  He was also the star in another movie (I can't recall the title) where he was a ninja. And he showed some comedic timing there. He's a competent actor and I hope they cast him as Iron Fist. THAT WOULD ROCK! "
    It's called...well....Ninja (not to be confused with Rain's Ninja Assassin that comes out around the same time)
    And he was great in that one, too, totally Iron Fist material
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the ace of knaves:  If anyone understands that it's me. Ha ha ha.
    ironshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ironshadow
    @123422: He also had a fight with Van Damme in The Shepherd: Border Patrol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 123422
    @ironshadow: Maybe i should check that out, thx for the info
    Scott Adkins for Iron Fist, anyone?
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: Yes, i have wtached his movies, i mean he was a member from the Jackie Chan stunt team, he did and a amazing job, he was in two movies vs Jackie Chan before become a "martial arts actor", i mean he is horribly underrated him as an actor, hi mean any one know who is Tony Jaa, people should watch Lateef Crowder, he maked Tony look bad in Thai The Beutiful warrior, Tony is one of the best today,, still Scott was in a movie with Lateef and he looked as cool as Lateef did, is not normal that not asian guys could do great martial arts stund, still he could be in the list with Mark Dacascos.
    @the ace of knaves: I never say he did all the job, i only say is better that he does the martial arts and the stunts, i mean Ryan could train but  Adkins has black belts in Wushu, Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing, Judo and Jujutsu
    Also you underrated him as an actor, i mean watch Ray Park, the best thing in Episode one, people remmeber Park, no one rememebr Ewan McGregor, who used stunt actors, i mean Ewan was in a bigger role, still people rememebr more Darth Maul that he as Obi Wan.
    Also, is hard to see Martial Arts movies in theathers, the only guys that have the name to do that in the USA are Jet Li and Jackie Chan, even when Jackie Chan movies ar not as good as so many DVD movies or the movies he does in Hong Kong
    @123422: Yeah, it have being a long time since a white boy is this good, i mean since Ray Park i have never watched a white boy being this good, i watched Ninja, i mean the villian movie suit was great, also not so manye people know that if the Director from Mortal Kombat Rebirth obtain the movie, he will cast Adkins as Sub Zero.
    @WolfMonkey: Did you watched Scooby Doo in Mèxico?, was racist, unfunny and boring as hell.
    Also i have to say Iron Fist movie was a rumor since the X Men movie, i mean Ray Park was so happy about the cast him as Iron Fist, now he looks like Darth Maul in real life, an yes i have a picture of miself with Ray Park in a Star Wars convention and he was using a Bruce Lee T Shirt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By 123422
    @DeathpooltheT1000: Adkins as Sub-Zero? that's a great casting, i'd say
    Considering MK Rebirth's more realistic approach, maybe he should be an assassin that uses ice to kill his targets (dunno how, stabbing them with icicles?)
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000:  Ray Park was the best thing about Phantom Menace sure, i won't argue with that. But it wasn't because of his amazing acting performance... it was because Darth Maul is a bad ass and his fight scenes were visually brilliant. 

Guys like Ray Park and Scott Adkins are awesome, i'm not denying that. But they are awesome stunt men, that's all. They are passable actors. But like i said, Deadpool is an complex character to pull of in writing AND in film. There is more to Deadpool than bad ass martial arts and stunts.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the ace of knaves:  The thing about Ray Park is he can't shake his thick THICK accent.How many speaking roles does he get? Like none. For that very reason.

Scott Adkins doesn't have that problem. And can even do foreign accents. YOu don't give him enough credit. He's not the best actor out there. But neither is Reynolds.
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reynolds' performance in The Nines alone elevates him beyond Scott Adkins a million fold.

Maybe the guy hasn't had the chance to do any dramatic, meaty roles yet. But he doesn't seem to be pursuing them either.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the ace of knaves
    Yeah because it's that easy.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: Actually i have to be honest, Ray park as an actor, is easy one of the worst one ever, i have some movies with him acting and when he have to act, he is just so damn bad.
    Adkins is a better actor actually
    @the ace of knaves: Yeah dude i see your point, i never say he should be the actor, what so ever, Ryan can not do the stunts, also i know he is underrated as an actor, still i dont think they will go to deep with Deadpool, since he is not like Batman, most of people like Deadpool because he is easy to read, something really hard to see today, since most of comic books characters become  "complex" , that actually made the comics hard to most of people.
    Also, i mean Deadpool is an action style character, then i think go deep with him sill not make to much money, also , this Baman begins thing is going old, i mean i know Deadpool is a complex character, still most of people dont like Deadpool and the first movie should not go to deep into Deadpool, if they are going to make more they could do that in the other movies, this is like the Lord of The Rings or Star Wars, first you need to know the character, the next movies will show you the complexity of the characters.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: 
    It's not that Park is a bad actor. His accent is just so thick. I never said he was better than Adkins.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: I watched a Park movie called Hellbinder, damn he does gun fu, but damn he was horribly bad as an actor, of course was a super low budget, high shool style film, still not so many people know, he was Chuck Norris in the Tv Serie The Legend of Bruce Lee, main reason, because was a Hong Kong tv serie, but still.
    I have watched him, even in my real life, but i have to be honest, he is not a good actor, he could do some thing and some jobs, but i trust him to give me kick ass action.
    Is a decent actor.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000:  yeah his accent makes him hard to cast. He was good as Toad.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: Actually, i think he take Toad and make Toad cool, i mean, i always hated Toad for some reason.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000: You are hard to follow sir. I'm not quite sure what that meant.

You always hated Toad because Toad is lame.

But I at least liked how they used him in the movie.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: Dont worry even i think i am insane and that i am weird, yeah, i always hated Toad for the fact, it looked like, ok, lets go and make a a character with the powers of a Toad.
    Also the suit, was horribly bad on the comics, Park did a good job, he was funny in the movie.
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000:  i actually think deadpool is a more complex character than batman. batman is basically a guy who can't get over his parents deaths. thats it. the main thing batman has going for him is that he has a great rogues gallery. if batman didn't have a villain like joker he'd be nothing.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the ace of knaves: Yeah, you are a insane Marvel fan i knew it.
    I know Batman could be annoying when he goes MacGyver, but he is actually 3 characters on one, the is Batman, Brucie and Bruce Wayne, and have to deal with the problems of this 3 characters.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the ace of knaves: I agree Deadpool is a really complex character. Or he was until they watered him down to spoon feed him to the masses. And that's what they will  do more for the movie. The best we can hope for the movie is that it is entertaining and has good fight scenes.

Complex comic book movies don't sell. Watchmen didn't. Scott Pilgrim didn't.
    Wolverine did.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By 123422
    " @the ace of knaves:  The thing about Ray Park is he can't shake his thick THICK accent.How many speaking roles does he get? Like none. For that very reason.  Scott Adkins doesn't have that problem. And can even do foreign accents. YOu don't give him enough credit. He's not the best actor out there. But neither is Reynolds. "
    Sure, Park's not the best actor out there, but his action stuff is awesome, and so is Adkins (although Boyka was great)
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeathpooltheT1000:  lol how am i an insane marvel fan? i'm a fan of batman, The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Year One and No Mans Land are some of my favourite ever comics.

But yea, Batman isn't complex. He's a guy who can't get over his parents deaths, and uses that as a motivation to fight crime. That's it. He hasn't really progressed as a character for decades. And no, making his "prep time" more and more ridiculous and contrived doesn't count as character development.

Dick Grayson is a much more interesting character than Bruce Wayne. Hell, even Tim Drake is.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Abnormally Warm Guy: Watchem was to much, i mean not all the comic book fans love Watchmen, i mean watch V for Vendetta, people like the movie, i think the mai problem of Watchmen was the Casting of super not famous actors.
    But, you have a point, if Marvel want to do this movie a money maker, they should dont go that depp.
    @the ace of knaves: Batman is not but Brucie is deep, the problem with Batman is that the writers dont remmeber how complex Batman is and they decide to make Batman the main personality and the other a "suit", Brucie is by far a better character that Bruce Wayne and Batman, bad thing Brucie is dead or almost dead, since Batman is super ultra popular, Brucie and Bruce have no chance to be back.
    Also, i like more Jason Todd, i never liekd Dick, i do like Tim, but i think Jason is more complex and interesting.
    Also Dick sucks as Batman, Terry is the best Batman and meaby Damian when was a elseworld character.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    ApeKindaBaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ApeKindaBaked
    @DeathpooltheT1000:
    Wow man. That looks... really bad. Where the hell are his lips?
    ApeKindaBaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ApeKindaBaked

Also, I'm pretty much sold on Scott Adkins he does seem pretty badass. If anything he should at least do the stunts again. I just think that Reynolds isn't the only actor for this movie and we shouldn't get all bent outta shape cause he doesn't want to do the movie. His loss. There are plenty of off-beat comedy actors out there.
    Off note: If your'e looking for a really brutal kung fu movie with some of the best fight scenes i've seen, I HIGHLY suggest The Protector with Tony Jaa.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apekindabaked: Barackapool dont have a motuch, so he have no lips, also Adkins is from Uk so hevaes bad teeth
     A Daredevil once stepped on Deadpool' shoe. Deadpool replied, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Deadpool!" The mere mention of his name cured this man blindness. Sadly the first, last, and only thing this Daredevil ever saw, was Deadpool naked.
    ApeKindaBaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ApeKindaBaked
    @DeathpooltheT1000:
    (@apekindabaked: Barackapool dont have a motuch, so he have no lips, also Adkins is from Uk so hevaes bad teeth
     A Daredevil once stepped on Deadpool' shoe. Deadpool replied, "Don't you know who I am? I'm Deadpool!" The mere mention of his name cured this man blindness. Sadly the first, last, and only thing this Daredevil ever saw, was Deadpool naked.)

Lmao! Every part of that comment was awesome. 
    But remember at the end of Origins, his mough is cut open like a slit. I guess by Wolverine?(but why wouldn't it heal) o_O
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apekindabaked: Well, if you notice, some one use a computer to use him, so without the computer his power could go off.
    Something like a video game character.
    ApeKindaBaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ApeKindaBaked

Ehhhh... I.. Guess that makes sense... Not really though. Because that would mean ALL of his powers would disappear as well. So they'd have to make him without any powers and such, which i actually wouldn't mind. Maybe to make it seem more realistic? Possibly just make him wear body armour.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apekindabaked: There is a bunch of thing they could make with the suit, but the good thing about Deadpool is that he could not be reallistic.
    ApeKindaBaked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ApeKindaBaked
    @DeathpooltheT1000: 
    Indeed very true. 
    And if not Deadpool, Adkins could also possibly play Daken. He's got that half asian look going for him and it'd be sick seeing him incorporate his ass kicking with claws.    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.