Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3316 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

More Deadpool Movie News

• 54 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Collider had an interview with Lauren Shuler Donner, producer of the upcoming Deadpool movie, and she talked mostly about Ryan Reynolds and how great the film is going to be. Although Ryan, the star of this film, is off shooting Green Lantern, Lauren Donner assures everyone that the are "going to love Deadpool."  

According to Mrs. Donner, Ryan is very committed to the character, and he worked on the script with the writers and even stayed involved in the project while working on the Green Lantern film. Lauren  Shuler Donner hopes that the film will "get off the ground" next year. 

Although many people seemed displeased with how Wade turned out during the X-Men: Wolverine Origins film, screaming out things like "that wasn't Deadpool... they ruined the character... that was stupid" etc, Reynolds seems incredibly passionate about this film, as well as the producers, so maybe we should all just wait before grabbing the torches and pitchforks and screaming for blood. There hasn't been any word yet as to whether or not this film takes place in the same universe as Wolverine did, or if this film will be its own stand-alone piece. I'm sure most people are hoping for a stand-alone piece, outside of the Baraka-esque Wade from Origins, but even if it wasn't, I'm sure the studio would find a way to bring it back to the root of the character.  What do you guys think? 
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By The Hobgoblin

Please, please let this be good. I can't take another Deadpool movie disappointment.

Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Colt

i dont think so.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian

If they find a way to make this work, in case it's connected to the Wolverine movie, I'm ok with this.
    Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By Tainted-Cell

I think the studio is more interested in franchising, and as such, should understand that screwing up Deadpool as much as they did in X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a big mistake, and that in order to sell the movie to the jaded audiences and maintain a successful franchise, they will absolutely HAVE to give us the real merc with the mouth.

As in the first trailer that ever debuts should look a lot like Scott Pilgrim vs the World, with Deadpool in a 100% accurate costume. If they don't, generally speaking, what "fan" will want to see it?

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Baddamdog

As long as it's completely different then Wolverine.... it'll be good.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I hope Copycat is his love interest!  and Cable makes a cameo. :D or even a starring role!

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hellos
    wikiwickerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wikiwickerman
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Best movie ever, and also it will be the movie to end all movie's

CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By CaptainUseless
    @The Hobgoblin said:
    " Please, please let this be good. I can't take another Deadpool movie disappointment. "
    kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By kennybaese

I think they've pretty much said that it's a reboot, or requel-sorta-kinda-maybe-yeah type of a thing. I think. At least this is what I remember everyone saying after they announced the movie getting green-lit like five seconds after Wolverine happened. 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cattlebattle

Of course the producer of the movie Is going to say "your gonna love it"

MemnochZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MemnochZERO

I had no issue with Wade Wilson in XOW. I LOOOOVED Wade Wilson. I HATED Weapon XI (though Scott Atkins doing all the filps and stuntwork without wires is impressive, what's not impressive is he isn't Ryan Reynolds and we could tell). That was utter failsauce. Hopefully they find a way to fix it so little to no remnants of Weapon XI remain other than the bald disfiguring and we get an equally parts awesome and insane Deadpool film. 
    As for the comic costume, no i don't want to see that on screen. i DO however want whatever Wade wears in the film to be black and red. Also for Lauren Shuler-Donner, you see what it gets you shooting for a PG-13 film; a bloodless Wolverine film that is not accurate to the violence of his comic. Don't do that with Deadpool, just make the film and let the MPAA give it a rating.
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

#14  Edited By shawn87

i think its gonna be good...its not suppose to be like in the Wolverine movie...he's suppose to be like he really is in the comics

SupremoMaximo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By SupremoMaximo

Be in the Marvel Movie Universe, then retcon him in all the movies via flashbacks in his own movie.. Or have him answer viewer emails a la strong bad..

Rich-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Rich-Man

Respect to Ryan Reynolds!!! Deadpool is my favourite character and after that dismal attempt of a Deadpool in Wolverine i didnt think anyone would go near a Deadpool movie, but Reynolds has stayed true and now everyone will see how brilliant a character he is! Reynolds was born to play him! i cannot wait for this!

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By goldenkey
    @Rich-Man:
    I totally agree.  I was actually a little freaked out when he first got the part because I read how he wanted to do the Flash, and thought he would be great if they Flash portrayed sarcasticly like they did in JLA animated and JLA unlimited.  Then I thought he would be a great Deadpool if they ever made a movie of him and TADA they are and he has the part.  Should be good.  But Donner is the same bitch who decided Night Crawler would look good with paint splattered on his trench coat in Xmen forever?
    Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fire-brand

as angry as i will be if they butcher the character, i will go and see it anyway. i'm kinda numb to butchered comic movies by now although iron man did spoil me a bit.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By sora_thekey

Reynolds commitment to the character makes me think that the movie might not be a failure after all... So I'm looking at this glass half full!
    I'm excited for it!

X-93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By X-93

I hope it is good. Reynolds is a great smart ass in movies, as we all know.  Perfect  Dead pool until they screwed him up in the wolverine movie.  That was the only part of that movie I did not like.  I anticipate a great reversal of the character.  Maybe that thing was a clone of Dead pool. 

NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NXH

My spider-senses are tingling saying you know this isnt going to be good!!

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

If I remember correctly, Ryan Reynolds was given some creative control over how the character is depicted and said he wanted to make the character as close to the comics as possible. For  that reason I am looking forward to the movie.  

I did not like Wolverine Origins...it was worse than X3...

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

IDK, I just see complete FAIL for this movie.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By G'bandit

If Ryan is in it and worked on the scip we are safe guys :D 

Hes too much of a fan to fuck it up again :D

RiddlingGambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RiddlingGambit

i don't like when producers aren't modest. i'm very unsure about a Deadpool film. what is going to be the characters motivation? to me i still don't see how this is not Marvel's capitalistic way of marketing a character who is similar to Wolverine ( a violent mentally unsound character with healing powers ). i truly believe this will not be a quality movie. 

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Video_Martian

this movie's gonna suck. 

and ryan reynolds is now officially the most annoying actor ever.

nutzac4888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By nutzac4888

The DP used in the movie made sense up until he was said to be "killed" by sabretooth.  Then he ends up being Weapon XI having the combination of all the extra mutants thrown into the movie?  If the makers of this movie had any sense they would throw that garbage out the window and do an actual DEADPOOL movie.  Maybe something about the character that follows what has happened to him in the comics with the occasional breaking of the 4th wall.  The crap version that was at the end of Origins needs to be thrown away with some of the other trash ideas that Marvel has been spitting out for the character.  If there is about a 70:30 mix between comedy and seriousness of the character it will be truer than anything those jokers at Marvel have put out since the DP of the 90's...I love the character but the severe over-exposure and flat out disregard for the characters past is a blatant and concerted effort to piss me off.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Meteorite

If they do manage to get it like the comic version, it's gonna be a good movie.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Man of Lengend

hell yeah this will be great
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DH69

female director? woman understand deadpool? i'm a guy who laughs at the stupidest **** and i dont even understand deadpool!!!

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#31  Edited By ComicCrazy

Hmmmmm I'm slowly losing interest in this film. I'm looking more forward to Green Lantern. I really do hope this movie is good but I have my doubts and i hope it has no connections to the wolverine origins movie but that would probaly confuse people idk.
    Bald Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bald Eagle

I can't believe they're making a Deadpool movie.  He is one the worst Marvel characters ever!!!  He's right up there with Squirrel girl(if anybody remembers that lame character).  I don't see why he is apparently so popular. 
    Solitaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Solitaire

I trust Ryan Reynolds with Deadpool. The dude is built to play the role. He's hilarious, in amazing shape, and, HUGE factor here, he has actually READ the source material. He's even an outspoken FAN of Deadpool. The fact that I'm now hearing he had a hand in the script makes me very hopeful. I think this is gonna be really cool.

mistrx75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mistrx75

I will say that I was a little surprised that Marvel was planning a Deadpool movie since I don't think much of the general public is aware of his existence.  I am curious to see how this turns out, though, so I'll definitely be seeing it when it is eventually released.

Binaryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Binaryan
    Betty White as Blind Al.

Make it so!  She's a hotter celeb than Ryan Reynolds and his wife combined these days!
    The Dave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The Dave

I saw an interview with Ryan Reynolds about a Deadpool movie and he actually said he'd want it just like the comics, (complete with 4th wall breakage) so him working on it with the writers may help. I can't see anyone else playing Deadpool tbh.

I can't see this being just an "ok" movie. I have a feeling it'l either be good or terrible.

Twelve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Twelve
    pinchpaker29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pinchpaker29

I like Ryan Reynolds he's a really funny guy, like everyone else, I am angry at what happened to Deadpool (and on how Gambit was portrayed) in the Wolverine movie... But I think Ryan sees this Deadpool movie as a chance to redeem himself to Marvel fans every where... :)

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By Moomin123

I think this Deadpool film will be set in the same universe as Wolverine but it'll be after his head gets cut off. If you think about it, Deadpool in the end of the Wolverine film has teleportation (like the comics), katanas (like the comics) and he's slightly disfigured (like the comics). 
    I remember watching an interview with Ryan Reynolds about the Deadpool film, apparantly he really loves Deadpool, so I think he'll do justice to the character.
    Calibong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Calibong
    @Moomin123: Didn't those katanas extend out his hands like Wolverine's claws? And as far as Reynolds being a big DP fan and that saving the movie, Nic Cage was so big a ghost rider fan he had a tattoo of him from long before the ghost rider movie... He also took his last name from Luke Cage, as an interesting aside (according to cracked, anyway)
    Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CrimsonComedian

Or... stay with me. What if... Weapon XI's ending was a line-up for the Deadpool movie. Like a sneak peak if you get what I mean? -_O

hawkbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By hawkbam

I want more funny from deadpool then what we saw in origins!

Avatar image for the_ace_of_knaves
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Reynolds has wanted to play Deadpool since 2002 i'm confident the movie will at least be semi accurate to the source material. Especially if he has been working with Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick on the script.

I think Fox realize that when making a movie about a guy whose main draw to general audiences will be his humour they can't sew his mouth shut! lol. 

And the fact that the guys who wrote Zombieland did the script for this and Robert Rodriguez has been offered the directors chair it says to me that Fox are doing this right. Even if Rodriguez doesn't direct, the fact that Fox want him to direct speaks volumes. You don't offer a guy like Rodriguez a film unless it's gonna be violent and filled with quirky, black/gallows humour.

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By spider2dfly

They better make it a good movie, since Ryan is really involved in the production and the script, it is safe to say that it is well taken care of, or else it wouldn't be torches and pitchforks but also machine guns..

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DEADPOOL

I'm glad Deadpool's going to be played by a fanboy, lol.
    KingNomolos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KingNomolos

I think they could still salvage the dead pool from the movie, the andamantium blades were attacked to bone so the can come out sort of what happened recently with dackens muramasa blades and what im hoping is that all the electric junk sort of got fried so the only thing he has is his healing, also he could have just grew a new boddy. I didnt like x-men origions wolverine, but I do like the franchise and keep hoping it can be turned around.
    MightyMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MightyMo

Okay...lets all calm down...deep breathes...big hits...or gulps, dependent upon your preferences.
     This movie will surprise most all of us I believe... I personally was hoping they'd black it out and make it so no one saw or heard jack about it until completion, but spoilers are a part of life.

I've read everywhere, checked every interview I can get my hands on and while nothing is ever certain in this fine world in which we live, a few things seem to be almost guaranteed as far as Deadpool is concerned:

1. You have a fanboy playing the lead...and while Ryan may pull off the 'hunk' look...that boy is into Deadpool and comics as much as any one of us...odds are he'll 'keep it real'.
    B. We have the Zombieland boys writing the script which ensures a good mix of both action and humor.
    3rdly. This movie has been stated to be a stand alone, not related to Wolverine: Origins...but seriously, this is Marvel and Deadpool...like there isn't room for them to come up with some story to explain away that incident?

Maybe it was a clone in the Wolvie movie and not the real Wade who got F'd over at the end of the movie.... OR it really WAS Wade who they screwed up...but then he fights Wolvie, gets his head cut off, plummets to his doom and POOF! Wakes up in front of Mephisto who agrees to return him to the living...but not without informing Wade of a few things...like the fact that he's a comic book character?)
    The possibilities are only as limited as your imaginations my friends...
    Personally, I'm not worried...the script could be shit and the directing could blow and I still have a sense that Mr. Reynolds would still manage to make the movie bearable just with his portrayal...

Any way you cut, shoot, or dismember it tho, the new Deadpool movie will be LEGEN....wait for it.....DARY!

PoolStroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By PoolStroke

Sorry I'm a little late on this topic but I thought I'd chime in anyway. 
    It seems that people are forgetting an important aspect of Deadpool in regards to if the DP flick will be connected to Wolverine:Origins. His Fourth Wall breakage and the fact that he knows he is a fictional character. The movie can easily start with the ending of Origins. Deadpool can do a voice-over or even Mystery Science Theater style thing and say "WTF? That's not how it happened! Who the hell is that?! Here's how it really happened...." After that it can be it's own totally stand-alone movie and his origin in Origins will never have happened.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#50  Edited By The Lobster
    @Moomin123 said:
    " I think this Deadpool film will be set in the same universe as Wolverine but it'll be after his head gets cut off. If you think about it, Deadpool in the end of the Wolverine film has teleportation (like the comics), katanas (like the comics) and he's slightly disfigured (like the comics). I remember watching an interview with Ryan Reynolds about the Deadpool film, apparantly he really loves Deadpool, so I think he'll do justice to the character. "
    The producers, screenwriters, and Ryan Reynolds has already said that they are rebooting it and forgetting all about the version we saw in Wolverine Origins and sticking it more close to the source material.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.