Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

How good is Deadpool with prep?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

I know he's supposedly pretty crafty, but how does he compare to the big boys, mainly his DC counterpart?

Avatar image for prototypeenchanced
    PrototypeEnchanced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I can't really say insofar as his comparison to Deathstroke, but he is very intelligent when it comes to planning out his fights. In the Wolverine: Origins arc he was able to anticipate Logan's movements to such a degree as to appear choreographed. He was able to maneuver Logan into position at the exact moment he paid a construction worker to drop a piano, he planted a bomb in a roasted duck and had it delivered to Logan as he was about to eat, he even fooled Logan into saving an innocent baby only for the infant to be revealed to be, you guessed it, another bomb. In addition he was the "mastermind" behind a plan that managed to deceive Romulous and eventually lead to his defeat. He even was able to defeat Wolverine albeit Wolverine admits that he lost to lure Daken out.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

Deadpools prep is just so unpredictable and insane it borders on brilliance.

He's nowhere near as smart as people like Spider-man or Batman and can't build gadgets but because of his insanity he's completely unpredictable. Thus it makes him rather dangerous because you have no idea what he's going to do.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By DEADPOOL

Better than Batman. It will turn out your plan was Deadpool's plan all along, while you still aren't sure what exactly Deadpool's plan was until after he says "I win." And then you may still scratch your head until you see the explosion.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@DEADPOOL said:

Better than Batman. It will turn out your plan was Deadpool's plan all along, while you still aren't sure what exactly Deadpool's plan was until after he says "I win." And then you may still scratch your head until you see the explosion.

Deadpool couldn't take Batman.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By renamed040924

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

@DEADPOOL said:

Deadpool couldn't take Batman.

No one said he could. He said DP is just better at prep.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
    deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool created Wolverine's plan to kill Romulus.

It worked, nuff' said.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blazinasian112

@nickzambuto: @BiteMe-Fanboy I'll say it...Deadpool can take Batman. Batman's strength is his brilliance in preparation, and you can't prepare for Deadpool's unpredictability. Half the time Deadpool doesn't know what he's doing.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By renamed040924

@blazinasian112 said:

@nickzambuto: @BiteMe-Fanboy I'll say it...Deadpool can take Batman. Batman's strength is his brilliance in preparation, and you can't prepare for Deadpool's unpredictability. Half the time Deadpool doesn't know what he's doing.

That's honestly a very close call for me, and I can't so either way who would win. An argument could be made for either.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
    Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump I'm curious now of his level of preptelligence

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.