ishmaelbbc's Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe #2 - Part II: Avengers: Assassinated review

Avatar image for ishmaelbbc

The Merc Without a Point

Last week I was a bit confused by this comic, this week I'm just disgusted. It's cynical, nihilistic crap. Its entertainment value is supposed to come out of seeing "our superheroes" getting killed, even if their deaths are totally out of character and not cool at all. The heroes behave like scared kids without a plan. We have seen them survive any kind of ordeal but they don't stand a chance against Deadpool for no reason. Well, one reason – the title of this comic says so.

There is no fun, just stupid violence. This could have been done with a certain glee but it's just annoying. The art doesn't really help, either, it's looks cheap and the characters are mostly recognizable through their costumes. Really, what's the point?