Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Who do you want in DC vs Mortal Kombat?

• 118 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

The folks at www.GiantBomb.com are planning on doing a podcast about this game. So far we know Batman and Superman are in it. So besides them, who would be your top five characters you'd love to see/play as in the game. Keep in mind it is Mortal Kombat so you'd probably want characters with fighting abilities.

Also depending on how many characters from the MK side, maybe we'd want to branch out to our top 10 favs?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

My list in no particular order:

• Lobo (he would fight dirty enough)

• Wonder Woman (she is part of the Trinity after all)

• Deathstroke the Terminator (he'd be cool to play as)

• Black Adam (or maybe Capt. Marvel)

• Starfire (she'd be nice to look at while playing)

I'd love to have other characters such as Green Lantern or Flash or even Booster Gold. Just don't think they'd translate well in the Mortal Kombat world. Also thought about Darkseid or Doomsday but not sure how practical they'd be.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By warlock360

hmm... Karate Kid!

DragonGateAcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DragonGateAcer

1) Joker

2) Deathstroke

3) Karate Kid

4) Green Arrow

5) Nightwing

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I wouldn't mind seeing Starfire and Wonderwoman. And I really want either Mileena/Kitana, or Jade in there. Other than that, I'm fine.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Hal Jordan - Ring based attacks would be cool, ever changing weapons

Flash - Superspeed blitzing opponents could be great, though it would be impossible for MK Karacters to hit him

Martian Manhunter - Shapeshifting fighting style would really showcase next-gen fighting game graphics

Zatanna - She has Bat-combat training and could have some great magic moves plus fishnets

Powergirl - A chance for some DOA ahem physics

Avatar image for midnight_lantern
    Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Alright...My list...In no order.

Lobo (Fights dirty)

Beast Boy (All those Animals would be awesome)

Zauriel (Flaming Sword, Holy Armour, Sonic Scream...Looks good to me)

Green Arrow (He's cool)

Powergirl (You know why)

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Midnight Lantern

I'm just praying this thing comes out for Wii.

morte_rapida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By morte_rapida

Karate Kid

Deathstroke

Batman

Nighwing

Ra's

Green Arrow

Guy Gardner

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn

DC Universe

Green Lantern Hal Jordan

Wonder Woman

The Flash

The Joker

Martian Manhunter

Karate Kid

Doomsday

Lobo

Black Adam

Darkseid

Deathstroke

Mortal Kombat

Rayden

Fujin

Shinnok

Shao Kahn

Shang Tsung

Quan Chi

Noob Saibot - Mortal Kombat Ultimate 3 Version

Human Smoke

Onaga

Reptile

Kintaro

Liu Kang

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I'm sure I heard Green Arrow is a definite, I'll have to check though. Scorpion and Subzero are definites from the MK side.

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shaper

Beast boy.

Flash.

Cyborg.

Supergirl.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Nighthunter

Nightwing

Deathstroke

Batgirl (Cassandra Kain)

Karate Kid

Wonder Woman

it's a battle game after all

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Karate Kid, Deathstroke, Shiva, Cassandra Cain, Midnighter, Jack Hawksmoor, Backlash and Grifter.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gmanfromheck

Alright, I'm pinning this for the day.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Karate Kid, Deathstroke, Shiva, Cassandra Cain, Midnighter, Jack Hawksmoor, Backlash and Grifter."

That would be crazy. I agree with this list 100%

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Last_Guardian

Nightwing

Wonder Woman

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Martian Manhunter

Bane

that would be cool...

Minilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Minilla

Hm...

DC: Bane (break a back)

Azrael (God's vengeance will come upon you)Green Lantern (DCs weapon locker)Martian Manhunter (DCs swiss-army-knife of superpowers)Deathstroke (simply badass)

MK: Scorpion (classic!!!)

Sub-Zero (Classic!!!)Smoke (Try to punch some smoke)Barakka (Slicer #1)Raiden (you can't go woithout the thundergod)<br>Post Edited:2008-04-21 16:55:55
    Avatar image for platinumwarrior
    Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Platinumwarrior

Cassandra Cain

Deathstroke

Lady Shiva

Artemis

and Karate kid

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Last_Guardian

Platinumwarrior says:

"Cassandra CainDeathstrokeLady ShivaArtemisand Karate kid"

the thing with that is...ok yeah they can brawl and all..but the people want to attract gamers..they will put mostly major characters that everyone can recognize...

Midnight Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Midnight Lantern

Buckshot says:

"Karate Kid, Deathstroke, Shiva, Cassandra Cain, Midnighter, Jack Hawksmoor, Backlash and Grifter."

I disagree. But eh, Everyone's got a different opinion.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Last_Guardian

bump

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gmanfromheck

No need to bump. It's pinned.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Last_Guardian

G-Man says:

"No need to bump. It's pinned."

lol...no i know...idk wat else to do we there's just a white page..cause it's gone to a new page and you can't view the first page unless you write something..so idk i jut wrote "bump" lol...i just wanted to see the first page again...

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gmanfromheck

Just click the page again. It just means the next post will be on the next page.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Super-Buster

DC:

WonderWoman (Fatality: splits their electrons right down the middle, or squeeze too hard with the lasso)

Beast Boy (Fatality: flies inside opponent as a bug or something, and then transforms into a whale)

Green Lantern (Fatality: hits opponent with laser beam that strips opponent down to the bone)

DeathStroke (Fatality: "Deathstroke", jk. beatdown similar to Bats', except this time he goes all the way, or a grenade down the throat)

Flash (Fatality: creates a tornado that rips opponent apart, or punches opponent until there is nothing left)

Green Arrow (Fatality: completely freezes opponent with an ice arrow and then melts opponent with a few fire arrows, or takes their head off with an arrow)

Martian Manhunter (Fatality: phasing, think of the possibilities)

Karate Kid (Fatality: "one-hit exploding head technique" lol, or some other technique that I don't even know about.)

Jack Hawksmoor (Fatality: I guess it would depend on the environment, but he could have the ground swallow half his opponent's body and then crush the half that is underground, leaving the other half of his opponent to die a horrible death)

Midnighter (Fatality: I know its already taken, but Sub-Zero can share his spine rip)

MK:

Reptile

Smoke

Jax

Quan Chi

Liu Kang

Noob Saibot

Sonya

Kano

Raiden

Goro

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Last_Guardian

ooooooooohhhhhhh.....OK will do lol...thanks

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By danhimself

Super-Buster says:

"DC: WonderWoman (Fatality: splits their electrons right down the middle, or squeeze too hard with the lasso) Beast Boy (Fatality: flies inside opponent as a bug or something, and then transforms into a whale) Green Lantern (Fatality: hits opponent with laser beam that strips opponent down to the bone) DeathStroke (Fatality: "Deathstroke", jk. beatdown similar to Bats', except this time he goes all the way, or a grenade down the throat) Flash (Fatality: creates a tornado that rips opponent apart, or punches opponent until there is nothing left) Green Arrow (Fatality: completely freezes opponent with an ice arrow and then melts opponent with a few fire arrows, or takes their head off with an arrow) Martian Manhunter (Fatality: phasing, think of the possibilities) Karate Kid (Fatality: "one-hit exploding head technique" lol, or some other technique that I don't even know about.) Jack Hawksmoor (Fatality: I guess it would depend on the environment, but he could have the ground swallow half his opponent's body and then crush the half that is underground, leaving the other half of his opponent to die a horrible death) Midnighter (Fatality: I know its already taken, but Sub-Zero can share his spine rip) MK: Reptile Smoke Jax Quan Chi Liu Kang Noob Saibot Sonya Kano Raiden Goro"

dc characters won't be doing fatalitys they said they won't go out of character so if a dc character doesn't kill then he won't kill in the game...but nice ideas though....and i'm a superboy fan so i'd want to see him in the game

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Super-Buster

danhimself says:

"Super-Buster says:
    "DC: WonderWoman (Fatality: splits their electrons right down the middle, or squeeze too hard with the lasso) Beast Boy (Fatality: flies inside opponent as a bug or something, and then transforms into a whale) Green Lantern (Fatality: hits opponent with laser beam that strips opponent down to the bone) DeathStroke (Fatality: "Deathstroke", jk. beatdown similar to Bats', except this time he goes all the way, or a grenade down the throat) Flash (Fatality: creates a tornado that rips opponent apart, or punches opponent until there is nothing left) Green Arrow (Fatality: completely freezes opponent with an ice arrow and then melts opponent with a few fire arrows, or takes their head off with an arrow) Martian Manhunter (Fatality: phasing, think of the possibilities) Karate Kid (Fatality: "one-hit exploding head technique" lol, or some other technique that I don't even know about.) Jack Hawksmoor (Fatality: I guess it would depend on the environment, but he could have the ground swallow half his opponent's body and then crush the half that is underground, leaving the other half of his opponent to die a horrible death) Midnighter (Fatality: I know its already taken, but Sub-Zero can share his spine rip) MK: Reptile Smoke Jax Quan Chi Liu Kang Noob Saibot Sonya Kano Raiden Goro"

dc characters won't be doing fatalitys they said they won't go out of character so if a dc character doesn't kill then he won't kill in the game...but nice ideas though....and i'm a superboy fan so i'd want to see him in the game"

LMAO, I know, but I can dream, can't I?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By danhimself

Super-Buster says:

"danhimself says:
    "Super-Buster says:
    dc characters won't be doing fatalitys they said they won't go out of character so if a dc character doesn't kill then he won't kill in the game...but nice ideas though....and i'm a superboy fan so i'd want to see him in the game"
    LMAO, I know, but I can dream, can't I?"

yeah those would be some awesome fatalitys to see though

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Super-Buster

danhimself says:

"Super-Buster says:
    "danhimself says:
    "Super-Buster says:
    LMAO, I know, but I can dream, can't I?"

yeah those would be some awesome fatalitys to see though"

Thanks.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

I used to daydream about his kind of stuff.

10 MK - Liu Kang, Baraka, Shang Tsung, Kabal, Smoke, Kitana, Raiden, Tanya, Sub Zero, Scorpion

10 DC - Flash, Wonder Woman, Lobo, Captain Marvel, Black Canary, Swamp Thing, Spectre, Clayface, Superman, Batman

Bizarro & Black Adam as bosses on the DC side

Quan Chi & Kintaro as bosses on the MK side

There's really too many possibilities to choose from on the DC side, especially when you consider Wildstorm & Vertigo characters, villains, all the other properties they have. They could go strictly JLA, that'd still be good.

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Starleafgirl

Sonya Blade vs. Supergirl?

EDIT: Maybe Black Canary would make it a fairer fight.
    Post Edited:2008-04-21 23:34:13

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Methos

Hal Jordan

Kyle Rayner

Nightwing

Sinestro

Batgirl

Black Canary

Green Arrow

Jesse Custer

Midnighter

Engineer

Jack Hawksmoor

Livewire

Cyborg

i'll stop there lol

M

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Super-Buster

Starleafgirl says:

"Sonya Blade vs. Supergirl?EDIT: Maybe Black Canary would make it a fairer fight.
    Post Edited:2008-04-21 23:34:13"

Seriously, most DC characters could easily beat most MK characters, they're gonna have Superman in the game, do you think any MK character can handle him? They're probably going to tone down most of the DC characters to make them fit in this game.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Nighthunter

Methos says:

"Hal JordanKyle RaynerNightwingSinestroBatgirlBlack CanaryGreen ArrowJesse CusterMidnighterEngineerJack HawksmoorLivewireCyborg...i'll stop there lolM"

nice list lol

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Super-Buster

Yea, I think they're going to have many iconic and popular characters like the trinity, to initially attract people to the game, but they will also have characters in it with interesting powers that aren't so recognizable (like Hawksmoor).

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Last_Guardian

i tihnk wen they see DC two can count out any Vertigo and Wildstorm characters..can't we..Idk game publishers are gonna make a game with characters that many people cannot recognize like Jack Hawksmoor...

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Super-Buster says:

"Starleafgirl says:
    "Sonya Blade vs. Supergirl? EDIT: Maybe Black Canary would make it a fairer fight.
    Seriously, most DC characters could easily beat most MK characters, they're gonna have Superman in the game, do you think any MK character can handle him? They're probably going to tone down most of the DC characters to make them fit in this game."

The interview I saw said they were going to tone up the MK characters.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/setUp.png¶msURI;=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6189499%26mode%3Dembedded%26width%3D432%26height%3D362" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" name="mymovie" style="" src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/proteus2.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>
    Crocbait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Crocbait

nightwing, katana, wonder woman, supergirl, and green arrow..

Nia Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Nia Wolf

DC: Azrael, Flash, Green Arrow, Riddler -> It'd be very interesting, HOW he'd fight XD

MK: Rayden, Tanya, Kitana, Kai, Goro, Smoke

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Super-Buster

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Super-Buster says:
    "Starleafgirl says:
    "Sonya Blade vs. Supergirl? EDIT: Maybe Black Canary would make it a fairer fight.
    Seriously, most DC characters could easily beat most MK characters, they're gonna have Superman in the game, do you think any MK character can handle him? They're probably going to tone down most of the DC characters to make them fit in this game."

The interview I saw said they were going to tone up the MK characters.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/setUp.png&paramsURI=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamespot.com%2Fpages%2Fvideo_player%2Fxml.php%3Fid%3D6189499%26mode%3Dembedded%26width%3D432%26height%3D362" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" quality="high" name="mymovie" style="" src="http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/cne_flash/production/media_player/proteus/one/proteus2.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">"

Interesting, though it sounded like they were using magic as an excuse for why human-level characters would hurt superman, he did say that he would be elevating the human levelers. Wonder what they'll make up for Wonder Woman.

Xeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Xeron

Cassandra Cain

Bronze Tiger

Deathstroke

Green arrow II

Karate Kid

Mongul

Orion

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92
    deactivated-5bf392a6a3b92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I say Lobo, Nightwing, Deathstroke, Catwoman, & Green Lantern

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Lobo would be cool.

Xeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Xeron

Maxima

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#47  Edited By Green ankh

resurrection man something different each time.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody...don't make this Midway,your begging for a failure.

Dark Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dark Ninja

The Flash, Joker, Robin, WonderWoman, and Riddler

Cavalry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cavalry

Joker

Nightwing

Deathstroke

Shiva

Wonder Woman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.