Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Who could play Richard "Dick" Grayson in the DCEU?

Avatar image for swagpatrolalpha
    SwagPatrolAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SwagPatrolAlpha

Nightwing is now a bada** character of his own. So it wouldn't take a genius to figure out that he will be appearing in the DC Extended Universe. So who do you hope, or want, to play Nightwing in the Cinematic Universe for DC? It has to be someone, tall, handsome, flexible, and they can't have an annoying voice. Because Nightwing talks 24/7.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swagpatrolalpha: Honestly I don't see anyone specific playing him.

In the young generation of actors, I like a lot Paul Dano. But could he play the role ?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By judasnixon

Idris Elba.....

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sebastian Stan

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idris Elba.....

No he couldn't. Put aside his skin color, he is not dynamic nor acrobatic nor got the looks !

SwagPatrolAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:
    @judasnixon said:

Idris Elba.....

No he couldn't. Put aside his skin color, he is not dynamic nor acrobatic nor has he got the looks!

All good points. Especially that the actor would be the same age as Batman. In the jump scare scene, of BvS, you could see Martha Wayne's tombstone. It says 1981 was the year she died. Subtract that from eight, and then you get the year Bruce was born. Then subtract that from 2016, and you get left with 43. Both Bruce and Idris Elba are 43.

neale7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My ideal choice would be Zac Efron if he was a bit taller. Second choice Ryan Gosling.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By blackagar

Matt Bomer, Dylan O'Brien or Ian Somerhalder

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:
    @judasnixon said:

Idris Elba.....

No he couldn't. Put aside his skin color, he is not dynamic nor acrobatic nor has he got the looks!

All good points. Especially that the actor would be the same age as Batman. In the jump scare scene, of BvS, you could see Martha Wayne's tombstone. It says 1981 was the year she died. Subtract that from eight, and then you get the year Bruce was born. Then subtract that from 2016, and you get left with 43. Both Bruce and Idris Elba are 43.

That he was 8 when his parents died is not really fix. In some comics (in the new 52 for example) he is said to be 10, and also in live adaptation they use usually older actors. In the Gotham Series he was 12, and the actor who played him as a kid in the flashbacks in BvS is also already 12 (and was probaly 10 or 11 when the scenes where filmed). So the Bruce in BvS could be allready around 45, and when the Batman movie comes out he will be again a little bit older.

I still wonder what they will do with Dicks age. since Batman started 20 years ago, Dick locally has to be around 30, so quite close in age to Superman and Wonder Woman. If they will make him that "old" or if they ignore it like they basically did it with Harley.

SwagPatrolAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:
    @swagpatrolalpha said:
    @jb681131 said:
    @judasnixon said:

Idris Elba.....

That he was 8 when his parents died is not really fix. In some comics (in the new 52 for example) he is said to be 10, and also in live adaptation they use usually older actors. In the Gotham Series he was 12, and the actor who played him as a kid in the flashbacks in BvS is also already 12 (and was probably 10 or 11 when the scenes where filmed). So the Bruce in BvS could be already around 45, and when the Batman movie comes out he will be again a little bit older.

I still wonder what they will do with Dick's age. since Batman started 20 years ago, Dick locally has to be around 30, so quite close in age to Superman and Wonder Woman. If they will make him that "old" or if they ignore it like they basically did it with Harley.

If Bruce was twelve in the Flashbacks, then he is currently 47. Dick would still be 43, which won't make sense. Because I'm pretty sure Bruce was in his late twenties or early thirties when he adopted 8 year old Richard Grayson. Dick became Nightwing when Bruce entered his late thirties and early forties. Dick was still 18. So the difference between 40 and 18-although I think Grayson's going to be in his early twenties in this universe-is a lot. I don't think he's going to be in his thirties. I think the ages they could use for him are 23-29. That's just my opinion based on what I know about the character and everyone else in the Universe.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aahz

@swagpatrolalpha said:

If Bruce was twelve in the Flashbacks, then he is currently 47. Dick would still be 43, which won't make sense. Because I'm pretty sure Bruce was in his late twenties or early thirties when he adopted 8 year old Richard Grayson. Dick became Nightwing when Bruce entered his late thirties and early forties. Dick was still 18. So the difference between 40 and 18-although I think Grayson's going to be in his early twenties in this universe-is a lot. I don't think he's going to be in his thirties. I think the ages they could use for him are 23-29. That's just my opinion based on what I know about the character and everyone else in the Universe.

An Dick in his 40 make any way no sense, but early 20s does also not really work.

Keep in mind that Jason is very likely the Robin whos costume is displayed in the cave, that he died several years ago, was probably Robin for at least a few years a was based on how the costume looks already and adult when he died.

And I doubt the they would go in with an 8 year old Robin in the movies. Even in the comics Dick starting at the age of 8 is (opposed to comon belifes) something thats only mentioned in Marv Wolfmans and Devlin Graysons works, and there is not one comic and not even a flash back that explicitly shows Dick being Robin at that age. In most comics where you see Dick at the beginning of his career he starts usually around 12.

The timeline Marv Wolfman used for the Titans was anyway kind of strange since he for example retconned that they had been 15 during storylines that took place when they were in collage. I wrote a longer text about that you can find (a long with texts about the ages of for the other Batfamily members) in the image section of my profile.

SwagPatrolAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:
    @swagpatrolalpha said:

An Dick in his 40 make any way no sense, but early 20s does also not really work.

Keep in mind that Jason is very likely the Robin whos costume is displayed in the cave, that he died several years ago, was probably Robin for at least a few years a was based on how the costume looks already and adult when he died.

And I doubt the they would go in with an 8 year old Robin in the movies. Even in the comics Dick starting at the age of 8 is (opposed to comon belifes) something thats only mentioned in Marv Wolfmans and Devlin Graysons works, and there is not one comic and not even a flash back that explicitly shows Dick being Robin at that age. In most comics where you see Dick at the beginning of his career he starts usually around 12.

I understand what you're trying to say, and I respect your decison, but personally, this is how I see things about age(as of 2016).

Bruce Wayne- 47

Dick Grayson- 27-32

Jason Todd- 25-30

Damian Wayne- 10-15

I would've put Tim, but I don't think he's going to appear. After Dick left, I understand why Bruce needed another Robin. Dick was family, so he needed someone to fill the gap. Once Jason died, I don't think he would've chosen another person to become Robin. He wouldn't want to endanger anyone else. So Tim probably won't appear. Damian could appear, because Bruce didn't want another Robin, but Damian forced himself into the position. Besides, he already had the necessary training(don't get me wrong. Bruce, or Dick would still be far beyond his training.)

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, no one is playing Jason Todd for sure.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swagpatrolalpha: In the DCEU Batman retried after Jason death and only came out of retirement after the destruction metropolis in Man of Steel.So there was no need for a Robin after Jason.

And I think Zack Snyder even stated in an interview that Robin died 10 years ago, but thats something the writers of the next movies could still change. But if they would go with this Dick had pretty much to be 30.

And when they would really make flashbacks with Robin, I doubt that they would use an actor is not at least 12-13 (And more likely one that is 14-15).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.