Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Team-ups You'd Like to See More

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

While I was reading the Deathstroke series, Slade did have a few run-ins with Harley Quinn. I wasn't thrilled at first, but she was actually a nice addition overall. Maybe not for a full-time thing (cause I'm sure Slade would kill her) but having them work together more often could be fun. They love to do mini-series where Harley teams up with people, so maybe that would work.

No Caption Provided

What are some combinations you'd like to see happen more in the future?

NotCharlieCox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

I want to see Superman and Robin team up to save Batman.

Avatar image for swagpatrolalpha
    SwagPatrolAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I want to see Nightwing and Deathstroke team up. It was awesome seeing them fight when Slade was in his 30s and Dick was still a tween, but how epic would a team-up be. Kinda like that episdoe of Teen Titans where they teamed up to save Raven.

Dick Grayson and William Cobb would also work well for the same reasons.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Batman and Flash
    1. Batman and Flash
    2. Batman and Zatanna
    2. Batman and Zatanna

3. Damian and Billy
    3. Damian and Billy

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see Wonder Woman and Black Adam team up for something.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
    MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MattyDaveHalPeo

Any two speedsters. I'd kill for a whole issue or arc of New 52 Barry Allen and New 52 Jay Garrick teaming up without any other JLA or JSA members being forced into the plot.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Aquaman and Geo-Force (both kings and leaders)

King Shark and The Shark (for obvious reasons, and I think there is a Batman villain called Orca?)

Count Vertigo (NOT the pathetic weakling from the New 52, the real ex-Suicide Squad and Checkmate member), Ras al Ghul and Ocean Master (villainous rulers)

Doctor Mid-nite and Batman

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) and Captain Comet

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By kcomicfan

Batman and Flash

Green Lantern(Hal Jordan) and Green Arrow

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

More Barry Allen and Hal Jordan.

Rainshadow777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rainshadow777

Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I want to see more of their mythologies form the basis of some adventures together. No romance, just friends.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last thing we need is more unnecessary pointless Deathstroke being mishandled as a character

This

I want a Brave and the Bold series about the two of them similar to Batman/Superman, only more light hearted and fun, to fit their personalities

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also enjoy these:

Any two speedsters. I'd kill for a whole issue or arc of New 52 Barry Allen and New 52 Jay Garrick teaming up without any other JLA or JSA members being forced into the plot.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I want to see more of their mythologies form the basis of some adventures together. No romance, just friends.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: We all know Bruce hates Clark. Why would he make so much Kryptonite LOL. He knows Clark will be ok in the end, he just hates him and "he is dangerous" is just an excuse to get rid of Clark LOL.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: We all know Bruce hates Clark. Why would he make so much Kryptonite LOL. He knows Clark will be ok in the end, he just hates him and "he is dangerous" is just an excuse to get rid of Clark LOL.

I don't think so. Batman and Superman fight on their first encounter, but then Clack becomes the member of the Justice League with whom he gets allong the best. That's why there are multiple BATMAN/SUPERMAN movies, titles, cartoon, stories, ... There is no BATMAN/FLASH or BATMAN/WONDER WOMAN comics.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: I know. He doesn't care about the others. He is always with Clark so h ecan earn his trust until he's ready to kill him lol.

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman and Nightwing

Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing

Zatanna and Black Canary

Raven and Madam Xanadu

I want to see Nightwing and Deathstroke team up. It was awesome seeing them fight when Slade was in his 30s and Dick was still a tween, but how epic would a team-up be. Kinda like that episdoe of Teen Titans where they teamed up to save Raven.

Dick Grayson and William Cobb would also work well for the same reasons.

MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd buy the hell out of both of these. I feel like everyone who reads comics know of the Hal/Barry bromance, but it's hard to find specific issues to refer to. A team-up would solidify their bromance in the way that Hal and Ollie were solidified by their team up series.

I've really wanted a reason to read Wonder Woman or Aquaman, and I feel that I'd be attracted to a mythology-focused series rather than a series where they boasted about how Atlanteans and Women are better than mortal men.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Barry and Bruce respect each other as they're both detectives in one sense or another, as do Diana and Bruce as they're both warriors in one sense or another. I feel like the Clark/Bruce friendship is more based on the fact that they're the two most popular characters. Keep in mind that there's an app where Barry and Bruce team up, and the teased romance between Bruce and Diana in the DCAU has led to a ridiculous amount of fan fictions online.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ScouterV

@mattydavehalpeo: Aquaman and Wonder Woman teamed up in an Aquaman annual a year back I think. It was cool. You might like it. WW also had an outing with Mera.

And during Aquamans' post-Convergence run by Cullen Bunn they teamed up before The League intervened.

They're generally cool together. No real arguing over who is better.

And as for Bruce and Clark being friends, I think it's more respect for who they are, what they do, how they do the same job. It's simple. Like, having a friend you disagree on things with, but still love. In some ways, it's the most natural of friendships.

@folly: Did you read JLU? Ivy and Swamp thing had some minor but promising interactions there.

@captainmarvel4ever: You felt Deathstroke has been mishandled as of late? How so?

@comicfan11: Your villainous rulers angle could be cool. Though I question why you dislike New 52 Vertigo? The guy is a cold SOB and I love it.

@mattydavehalpeo: Against Prof. Zoom and Reverse Flash? I can't imagine to many other threats they couldn't easily handle together.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see a Lantern team up with Zatanna or Dr. Fate. Or Etrigan or Constantine

MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I'll look up those WW/Aquaman interactions. Thanks.

As for the Flash team up, I fear you're falling into the same trap as the people who write for the CW show. The Flash is, on face value, a normal person if you discount his speed. He can therefore be challenged seriously by characters who aren't speedsters. I remember something Jay said to Barry or Wally in a Flash comic I read a while back, something like 'To win a fight, a Flash has to rely on more than speed'. I wouldn't read Flash comics if they solely revolved around the protagonist and his races with other speedsters.

As for who they could fight, I'd suggest a team of characters from their previous team-ups, such as Icicle, the Shade, the Fiddler, the Turtle, and more. I remember a comic where Jay, Barry and Wally had to fight some hyper-evolved man from the future, so that'd be a cool plot to adapt for current continuity.

Really, I'd like to see the dynamic between the two characters. In the old comics, Jay was like 20 years older than Barry. In current continuity, Barry is like 10 years older than Jay. Jay's personality is more like that of a teenage Wally West. Joan Williams hasn't appeared since Earth 2 issue 1 as far as I know. Barry isn't in a solid relationship with Iris like he used to be. I'd like to see how Barry and Jay would talk to each other basically.

Sirens_4_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poison Ivy and Batman

In New 52 detective comics her team up with Batman was cool....how they took down Killer Croc and Her in Arkham Knight and In New 52 The Dark Knight...I honestly think DC should just make them a thing and Ivy as a full time hero

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, I'd really love if DC brought back Blue & Gold

Batman and Plastic Man are a really fun duo too, considering how opposite they are from each other (of course, first they'd have to bring back Plas)

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mera and Wonder Woman

Zatanna and Etrigan

Amethyst and Donna Troy

Orion and Superman

Ampthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing and Deadman

Orion and superman

Nightwing and orion (like a batman and superman type thing)

brock4618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By brock4618

Nightwing and Wonder Woman.

Both are Golden Age characters, but NEVER had an actual team up in the whole publishing history of DC. That includes; every Elseworld and all of the Multiverse. That has to be some kind of record, right? lol

I think they could be their own version of "The World's Finest".

Diana is the unquestioned powerhouse as the prim and proper, straight laced Amazon we all know and appreciate. Dick is the charming, acrobatic, "Batman-lite" who brings a different kind of partnership with Diana than she's used to.

The guy is a leaping, chatterbox full of charm and wit who could potentially crack Diana's stoic, business-like shell to get her laughing during a serious/not-so-serious encounter with a villain. That alone would be worth the viewing.

This duo could open up new potential story lines if it's ever gets realized.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.