Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

Should DC bring back the Sea Devils title?

catfightfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I grew up with this comic in the early 1960's. Actually, it might have been the first comic that I ever bought. With the flood of Super-Hero comics out there, can't we have just one title made up of men and women who do not have super powers?

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Id read a Sea Devils title. Hopefully DC gives them one, but I think they are too obscure. Also the post Flashpoint version of them are ecoterrorists.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just wonder why they didn't link them with Aquaman more then this other group

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

With the upcoming writer change in the Aquaman book, it would be great if the new writer did a 7-8 issue ark with the Sea Devils as the main guest stars (like Aquaman and the Others by Johns). You can also throw in other kinda obscure silver age characters like Human Flying Fish or Fisherman and make it a great story with the latest versions of obscure characters (like Johns did with Scavenger), without having to re-use the most well known villains and supporting cast (like Black Manta or Garth).

IMO DC should embrace the more exotic and obscure elements of their continuity with their Rebirth and make them work in the current timeline (like Gail SImone with Catman and everything Johns does), but not alienate them from their original concept (like they did with Lobo for example).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.