New Screenshots for 'Injustice: Gods Among Us'

  • 114 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for gmanfromheck
Posted by gmanfromheck (41913 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesterday we saw the announcement of Injustice: Gods Among Us from NetherRealm Studios. GameSpot had loads of detail on the game and today, we've received some high-res screenshots from Warner Bros. Interactive (and the trailer GameSpot exclusively premiered).

It's a fighting game featuring DC Comics characters such as Batman, Harley Quinn, Superman, Flash, Solomon Grundy, Wonder Woman and several others, yet to be revealed.

Do these images change your first reaction?

2379067-dcf_screens_5_21_2012_001_hires.jpg

(Click each image or open in a new tab to see the full version).

== TEASER ==
2379069-dcf_screens_5_21_2012_018_hires.jpg
2379070-dcf_screens_5_21_2012_107_hires.jpg
2379071-dcf_screens_5_21_2012_202_hires.jpg
2379072-dcf_screens_5_21_2012_253_hires.jpg
2379073-dcf_screens_5_23_2012_04hires.jpg
2379076-dcf_screens_5_23_2012_31_hires.jpg
2379077-dcf_screens_5_23_2012_39_hires.jpg

And in case you still haven't seen the trailer GameSpot debuted, here it is on our video player.

Staff
Avatar image for cyberchop979
#1 Posted by cyberchop979 (465 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I will give it a shot.

Avatar image for bestostero
#2 Posted by Bestostero (5782 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm 100% on board, loved the current MK game, and love DC, didnt think MK vs DC was THAT bad, so definitely gonna get this.

Avatar image for kainscion
#3 Posted by KainScion (2991 posts) - - Show Bio

horrible costumes.

Avatar image for mazahs117
#4 Posted by MAZAHS117 (7218 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh...Batmans costume reminds me of Batman & Robin 97'....NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Avatar image for oldmanduncan
#5 Posted by OldManDuncan (11513 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

Avatar image for spiderman20991992
#6 Posted by spiderman20991992 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

keep in mind this game come out in 2013, so i think these screen shots hardly represent the final product.

I'll be fully on board when Aquaman is confirmed.

Avatar image for delphic
#7 Posted by Delphic (1709 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that thinks this looks horrendously bad?

Avatar image for blackadamftw
#8 Posted by blackadamFTW (7882 posts) - - Show Bio

@Duncan said:

Meh

Avatar image for inverno
#9 Posted by Inverno (13757 posts) - - Show Bio

@SHAZAM117 said:

Ugh...Batmans costume reminds me of Batman & Robin 97'....NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Serious?? It instantly reminded me of Nolan' Dark Knight lol! The only costume I hated was The Flash... too many tron lines. I don't mind Wonder Woman and Superman' costumes though. The costume I really loved was Harley Quinn's... really skimpy XD. Solomon Grundy was meh.

Avatar image for uncanny_doom
#10 Posted by Uncanny_Doom (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want this game to be good but with NetherRealm designing it, it just seems over the top in brutality, unnecessarily dark and gritty, and the character design is horrible. It screams Mortal Kombat but with DC characters everywhere.

Avatar image for fiercewolverine
#11 Posted by FierceWolverine (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

horrible costumes.

True. Especially Harley's.

Avatar image for tchalla3000
#12 Posted by tchalla3000 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks like it will be on point. gonna look out for this

Avatar image for sethysquare
#13 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

A closer look at the costume makes things much better.

A new set of costume for 21st century audience. If the trailer is made up of gameplay, then the gameplay certainly look damn fantasy. It looks like a week 1 buy. I'll be getting this the minute its on the shelves.

Avatar image for sethysquare
#14 Edited by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be criminal if they dont include Aquaman, Hal Jordan, Deathstroke, Green Arrow, Catwoman, Bane, Metallo and Cyborg.

Avatar image for viin
#15 Posted by viin (947 posts) - - Show Bio

game has potential....

I dont like harleys costume but everyone elses is ok

Flash's costume is weird but it gives i some flavor compared to the costume used over the last decades

I hope we see all the JLA and villains. I wanna see a aquaman, MM, and cyborg

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
#16 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised Flash can run so quickly in those elevator shoes.

Avatar image for or35ti
#17 Posted by Or35ti (1133 posts) - - Show Bio

The costumes definitely need a little tweaking. I can't wait to see more characters tho! I'm pretty sure that was Captain Cold fighting Flash in the beginning of the trailer. I'm really excited to see how they're going to integrate so many characters from DC into this game but I hope it has a story too and it's not just Versus mode.

Avatar image for planewalker
#18 Posted by Planewalker (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Love this costumes. armor makes more sense than crappy spandex. And don't give me it's fantasy or comics speech, something just have to be logical.

Avatar image for shadowinfinite
#19 Posted by KRYPTON (2424 posts) - - Show Bio

Really want this game

Avatar image for monkeytoe
#20 Posted by MonkeyToe (416 posts) - - Show Bio

What's up with Harley's gratuitous open crotch shot costume?

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
#21 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8351 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the fact that Harley's in this and there's no Joker in sight. Don't get me wrong love the Joker but usually in TV, Video Games heir always together.

Avatar image for b_heart
#22 Posted by B_Heart (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Game looks awesome! Glad Harley's in this, can't wait to play it next year

Avatar image for desruc
#23 Posted by Desruc (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop downing so much about the costumes... Ed Boon already confirmed that Alt. Costumes will be in the game. Expect to see things like "Classic Superman" or "Batman Beyond Suit".

As for the roster, Ed Boon doesn't like Aquaman but I think the demand for him will cause his appearance.

Also, the characters are divided into Power/Gadget categories, meaning if they were to say put in Cyborg, he would be Power and Gadget which is why my dreams for Cyborg have been crushed xD Who knows? Maybe they will do some balancing and put him in... I don't even know if there's a demand for him though.

Avatar image for primmaster64
#24 Posted by Primmaster64 (21668 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman...

Avatar image for video_martian
#25 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

horrible costumes.

LOL, the game looks cool but I agree with this.

Avatar image for wildstyle
#26 Posted by WildStyle (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to the roster.

Avatar image for jean_luc_lebeau
#27 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82986 posts) - - Show Bio

hahaha @Batman "Superman kicking" Grundy across a city block. Awesome.

Avatar image for the_average_bear
#28 Posted by The Average Bear (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Costumes look a little complicated. I would like it if the lighting wasn't so depressing. Plus, how did Batman kick Solomon Grundy through a building...?

Avatar image for sekele
#29 Posted by Sekele (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@SHAZAM117 said:

Ugh...Batmans costume reminds me of Batman & Robin 97'....NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

My father actually loves that costumes ]

he was genuinely offended when later iterations of Batman didn't include the nipples

he say's they took his manliness away

Avatar image for mrfuzzynutz
#30 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1585 posts) - - Show Bio

@Desruc:

don't give up hope Cy would be a good replacement for JAX, so it wouldn't tp hard to imagine they would like to use some stuff laying around the office so to speak for Cy lol

Avatar image for sethysquare
#31 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Desruc said:

Stop downing so much about the costumes... Ed Boon already confirmed that Alt. Costumes will be in the game. Expect to see things like "Classic Superman" or "Batman Beyond Suit".

As for the roster, Ed Boon doesn't like Aquaman but I think the demand for him will cause his appearance.

Also, the characters are divided into Power/Gadget categories, meaning if they were to say put in Cyborg, he would be Power and Gadget which is why my dreams for Cyborg have been crushed xD Who knows? Maybe they will do some balancing and put him in... I don't even know if there's a demand for him though.

Why does Ed Boon not like Aquaman?

If Aquaman isn't in this game, I'm totally not buying this.

(I lied, I'll still buy it)

Avatar image for gothamred
#32 Posted by GothamRed (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

does this game only have 6 fighters, why are these the only ones that chose to show?

Avatar image for desruc
#33 Posted by Desruc (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@Desruc said:

Stop downing so much about the costumes... Ed Boon already confirmed that Alt. Costumes will be in the game. Expect to see things like "Classic Superman" or "Batman Beyond Suit".

As for the roster, Ed Boon doesn't like Aquaman but I think the demand for him will cause his appearance.

Also, the characters are divided into Power/Gadget categories, meaning if they were to say put in Cyborg, he would be Power and Gadget which is why my dreams for Cyborg have been crushed xD Who knows? Maybe they will do some balancing and put him in... I don't even know if there's a demand for him though.

Why does Ed Boon not like Aquaman?

If Aquaman isn't in this game, I'm totally not buying this.

(I lied, I'll still buy it)

Lol I'd still buy it too.

When MK vs DC was going on, people kept asking him about Aquaman and he threw it off as a silly joke everytime. I think if they did it right, Aquaman would be a real contender in this game.

Avatar image for sethysquare
#34 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Desruc said:

@sethysquare said:

@Desruc said:

Stop downing so much about the costumes... Ed Boon already confirmed that Alt. Costumes will be in the game. Expect to see things like "Classic Superman" or "Batman Beyond Suit".

As for the roster, Ed Boon doesn't like Aquaman but I think the demand for him will cause his appearance.

Also, the characters are divided into Power/Gadget categories, meaning if they were to say put in Cyborg, he would be Power and Gadget which is why my dreams for Cyborg have been crushed xD Who knows? Maybe they will do some balancing and put him in... I don't even know if there's a demand for him though.

Why does Ed Boon not like Aquaman?

If Aquaman isn't in this game, I'm totally not buying this.

(I lied, I'll still buy it)

Lol I'd still buy it too.

When MK vs DC was going on, people kept asking him about Aquaman and he threw it off as a silly joke everytime. I think if they did it right, Aquaman would be a real contender in this game.

I'm gonna be so mad if Aquaman isn't included.

Avatar image for jonesdeini
#35 Posted by JonesDeini (3866 posts) - - Show Bio

@Delphic said:

Am I the only one that thinks this looks horrendously bad?

Nope, not by a loooong shot, folk. I never thought that Jim Lee's New 52 designs could look conservative, but boy, this game sure made it happen. So, so, so, so...much random piping! And how does Barry run in that damned armor?! How?! Okay...let me take a pause. This game looks absolutely insipid, yet at the same time a great team is behind it and I could care a less about the story. I never expect them to be good in a fighter. I'm more concerned with the gameplay and Netherworld runs that racket! The story's going to be bad though, hate to say considering Palmiotti/Gray are great guys. From the trailer it seems that it's going to be a big load of all the things wrong with the DCnU.

Avatar image for robokungfu
#36 Posted by robokungfu (183 posts) - - Show Bio

@GothamRed: There's going to be a pretty nice sized roster of thirty characters I bet. The game is probably a year away from release so NRS isn't going to show off everything at once.

Jimmy Palmiotti is involved so Power Girl will be in this, right? RIGHT?

Please have some Doom Patrol characters, Zatanna, The Shade, Swamp Thing, Plastic Man, Huntress, and Booster Gold/BB at least. I love Batman as much as the next guy here, but I don't want this game to have a ton of characters who all throw batarangs or get locked up at Arkham.

Avatar image for no_name_
#37 Posted by No_Name_ (16193 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool! Now I can finally beat up Harley Quinn! Just what I always wanted.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
#38 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (3237 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:

Cool! Now I can finally beat up Harley Quinn! Just what I always wanted.

Yeah...I wanted that in a Batman Arkham game...Wouldn't that be fun? On topic this is going to be great...I just know it.
Avatar image for lvenger
#39 Posted by lvenger (28203 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can Batman kick Solomon Grundy through a freakin' building in the trailer? Though seeing Superman knock the Flash out of orbit then smashing him back to Earth was badass.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#40 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (44970 posts) - - Show Bio

looks good

Avatar image for primmaster64
#41 Posted by Primmaster64 (21668 posts) - - Show Bio

We need Aquaman here.

Avatar image for galacticpunt
#42 Posted by GalacticPunt (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Average Bear said:

Costumes look a little complicated. I would like it if the lighting wasn't so depressing. Plus, how did Batman kick Solomon Grundy through a building...?

Prep Time.

Avatar image for sethysquare
#43 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs said:

Cool! Now I can finally beat up Harley Quinn! Just what I always wanted.

omg. lol.
Avatar image for sethysquare
#44 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio
when is e3 btw
Avatar image for garytitan
#45 Posted by GaryTitan (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I can finally kick Batman in to space? Oh hell yes! Pre-ordered.

Avatar image for no_name_
#46 Posted by No_Name_ (16193 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

when is e3 btw

Next week.

Avatar image for revamp
#47 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

when is e3 btw

5-7 June. Tuesday-Thursday.

Avatar image for soulstealer
#48 Posted by Soulstealer (828 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler said:

hahaha @Batman "Superman kicking" Grundy across a city block. Awesome.

Thank you. I thought I was seeing things...but no one else commented. XD

Avatar image for desruc
#49 Edited by Desruc (8 posts) - - Show Bio
2379483-joker_leak.png

"Criminal Clown with extremely violent tendencies.

Known for his high intelligence and expert fighting skills.

Special care should be taken upon apprehension as he has repeatedly escaped detention facilities.

During psychological interviews he has been shown to be a high functioning psychotic.

Treatments have failed to produce any promising results.

His crimes include: Terrorism, Murder, Arson, Larceny, Robbery, Racketeering, Kidnapping, Torture, and Jaywalking."

By the way, I discovered this on the screenshot of Solomon Grundy vs Harley Quinn on the Batcave stage.

Avatar image for sethysquare
#50 Posted by sethysquare (3965 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs: @ReVamp:

Thanks. Cant wait for the reviews to come in.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.