Follow

DC Comics

Publisher »

Originally known as "National Publications", DC is a publisher of comic books featuring iconic characters and teams such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, the Justice League of America, and the Teen Titans, and is considered the originator of the American superhero genre. DC, along with rival Marvel Comics, is one of the "big two" American comic book publishers. DC Entertainment is a subsidiary of Warner Brothers and its parent company Warner Media.

DC Universe Animated Original Films, which ones should be made?

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Edited By saoakden

Recently I have watched Batman: Under the Red Hood and Superman: Doomsday. Both are amazing films from DC Comics. Both movies look good, have good voice acting, have a good plot, and a good soundtrack. I know the DC Universe Animated Original Movies have done a pretty good job with the movies they made so far and have a few more movies coming out soon like Justice League: Doom. Since a lot of their movies are based off different storylines like: Death of Superman, All Star Superman, Batman Year One, Under the Hood, Public Enemies, The Justice League fighting their criminal counterparts, and the . So I was thinking, what storylines would be good to be adapted in to an animated movie. This blog sounds kind of similar to my earlier one about DC Characters having their own live-action film, but this one is different.

Honestly, I like to see these storylines made into an animated film: From Superman: Red Son, New Krypton, World of New Krypton, Last Stand of New Krypton, War of Superman, Grounded, Reign of Doomsday, Grant Morrison’s Action Comics. Batman: Knightfall, Hush, Batman and Son, The Resurrection of Ra’s ah Ghul, Battle for the Cowl, Bruce Wayne: The Road Home, Dick’s time as Batman. Green Lantern: Hal Jordan’s transformation into Parallax, his death and

rebirth, the Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, War of the Green Lanterns. Flash: His death and Rebirth, fighting the Rogues, Flashpoint. Wonder Woman: Amazons Attack, Odyssey. The Justice League’s origins, fighting Eclipso and a Green Arrow movie.

What do you guys think? Do you agree, disagree, and have any suggestions.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

I'm appalled Oliver has not received his own animated film... 

• Flash(preferably Wally, but Barry will suffice).
    • Deadman
    • Stargirl
    • The Authority(Midnighter, Apollo, etc etc.)
    • Endless Nights. 
    cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By cosmo111687
    Batgirl: Year One

For something geared more to younger audiences, I'd love to see an animated Barbara Gordon Batgirl movie based off of Batgirl: Year One with a Harley and Ivy short attached to it.

And for something a little more adult and dramatic, I'd love to see an animated Gotham Central movie based on the Jokers and Madmen story-line.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By entropy_aegis

Meh I would like to see them make orignal adaptations,not copy/paste from comics to DVD.They should take the concept and do something new.Like how they did JL Crisis on 2 earths and how they're doing Justice League Doom.I'm honestly not at all excited for Superman vs the Elite or The Dark Knight Returns.The other movies are really good but I wanna see something which can actually surprise me.

I think it's time DC gave us something with Suicide Squad,Deathstroke and Flash.I'm getting sick and tired of Batman and Superman.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By azza04

I want a good Superman Animated movie made. Like a good Origin story (BIRTHRIGHT!).

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By nightwing91

I would enjoy a good Aquaman animated film, like Death of a Prince.

@entropy_aegis said:

Meh I would like to see them make orignal adaptations,not copy/paste from comics to DVD.They should take the concept and do something new.Like how they did JL Crisis on 2 earths and how they're doing Justice League Doom.I'm honestly not at all excited for Superman vs the Elite or The Dark Knight Returns.The other movies are really good but I wanna see something which can actually surprise me.

I think it's time DC gave us something with Suicide Squad,Deathstroke and Flash.I'm getting sick and tired of Batman and Superman.

Or this a suicide Squad animated film if done right could be awesome.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By StarKiller809

I really like the DC Animated Original Films and I have them all. I have read a couple of comics that I think would be really cool to see an animated movie off of

• Legion of Super-Heroes (Anything): I really love the team. I know that they wouldn't be able to support their own movie, but just title it Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes, you might get somewhere.
    • Wonder Woman 2 (Any story plot): The first one was amazing. It left room for a sequel but DC Comics decided that it didn't do well. Wonder Woman did better then Green Lantern: First Flight and Green Lantern got another chance.
    • Justice League (One of their better story plots): The Justice League movies are fun to watch. There is always a lot of action and they normally can get voice artist that are use to playing their role (ex. Kevin Conroy). I would really like to see something darker with the League and some really high stakes.
    • Batman (Arkham Asylum, The Killing Joke, Knightfall, Hush, The Long Halloween.) Batman SELLS! DC knows it and we know it. Why not got with it and have some Batman movies as well as other characters. These story plots will be great it done right.
    • The Atom (Nucleus): Jeff Lemire did a great job making a story that incorporated the Atoms origin as well as making him easier to connect with. It also added onto the character.
    • Secret Six (The whole series): Gail Simone wrote one of DC Comics greatest comic book series in a long time here. It would be much darker and aimed at adult comic fans, but they fight like everyone in the DC Universe. Add them on the cover and you can sell some more copies.
    • Green Lantern (Geoff Johns work): He's a good writer. I don't like Green Lantern, but I have enjoyed some of the stories Geoff has told and they would make wonderful movies. If they didn't do what the live-action movie did.
    • Trinity: (New material): This is a smart idea. All of the characters are popular. Batman can sell A LOT of movies. Superman can draw in the young kids, and Wonder Woman can draw in women and young girls. Everyone can sit down and truly enjoy an amazing movie with all of their favorite characters.
    • JLA/Avengers (New Material): I know this is never going to happen, but this would be a HUGE money maker! You have DC Comics iconic and successful characters mixed in with Marvels successful character and you have GOLD! I would like it if the DC team did it though because they make better Animated Movies.
    • Teen Titans (A great story): I don't know much about them, but if you market this towards kids, you are bound to get a pocket full of cash. A good idea and I think that if they add a bit darkness to it, it would work for everyone.
    • Flash (Original Material): The Flash is a cool character and I think that a movie would be great. Wally West would be great because of his heroic and humor he has. It would make it great fun for everyone who watched them movie. 

That really all I could think of right now.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024
    • Superman: Birthright- Superman's origin has never truly been done right in the media. This is the story they need to do it on to get it right.
    • Batman: Hush- Say what you will about the story, but this would be an epic animated film. It's got all the best villains and it would be an incredible watch, especially if they used Bruce Timm's character models.
    • Wonder Woman 2- The first WW movie was fantastic. They need to make a sequel.
    • The Green Lantern Corp- I think this team is barely represented in the animation department. A film with Guy, John, Kyle, Kilowag, and all the other great GL's should be made.
    • The Flash- I've said it a billion times: DC NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING WITH HIM! Barry or Wally. It doesn't matter to me.
    • Aquaman- Only if Geoff Johns has anything to do with it.
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By Deranged Midget

I wouldn't mind seeing an Animated film on the New DCU Justice League, it would fit in perfectly. Besides that I would love seeing Superman Birthright, Batman: Hush, Green Lantern: Rebirth.

Damn it, we need a new Justice League show. With the Avengers doing so well on the Marvel side, you'd think DC would jump on an opportunity to make it popular again, especially considering how popular the New DCU is doing.

KingofMadCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KingofMadCows

Wonder Woman and Batgirl are shelved. Green Lantern is probably shelved too.

I hope they do a real big budget animated movie released in theaters. Other than Batman, WB hasn't had much luck the live action movies so they might as well gamble on some (cheaper) animated ones. With the kind of cash they laid down on Green Lantern and Superman Returns, they can make at least 20 high quality feature length animated films.

GuruOfFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By GuruOfFunk

Sinestro Corps War is a must. I also want a Question film. He'll never make it to live action so give him this. I would even settle for a short at the beginning of the actual film. Flash as well (probably more because I want all the Rouges in a film).

intothetempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By intothetempest

I agree with the Green Lantern ideas, but more specifically, I whole heartedly agree with Superman: Red Son. One of my absolute favourite reads

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By xerox_kitty

@cosmo111687 said:

For something geared more to younger audiences, I'd love to see an animated Barbara Gordon Batgirl movie based off of Batgirl: Year One with a Harley and Ivy short attached to it.

Yeah, something like the Batgirl: Year One / Mad Love (but as an actual animated feature & not just a 'motion comic').

I think Scott McDaniel's style on the early Nightwing issues would work well in an animated film. Nothing too fancy, maybe the edited highlights of the first story arc (and learning to adapt to life in the 'Haven).

Nightstick
    Nightstick
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Primmaster64

Superman Godfall

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gambit1024

@Deranged Midget said:

Damn it, we need a new Justice League show. With the Avengers doing so well on the Marvel side, you'd think DC would jump on an opportunity to make it popular again, especially considering how popular the New DCU is doing.

A JLA show that runs alongside Young Justice would be the best thing ever.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Gambit1024: It would be epic!

@Primmaster64: Oh man nice choice! But I would still prefer Red Son or For Tomorrow.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A decent Knightfall film. It can be done.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By joshmightbe

Anything done well that doesn't revolve around Batman or Superman, I know they're DC cash cows but give them a rest already. At the very least hurry up and get Young justice on the air and fix the screwy scheduling a 4 month hiatus in the middle of a season is ridiculous Anything done well that doesn't revolve around Batman or Superman, I know they're DC cash cows but give them a rest already. At the very least hurry up and get Young justice back on the air and fix the screwy scheduling a 4 month hiatus in the middle of a season is ridiculous

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Very well. A decent Knightfall film, starring the Flash!
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By joshmightbe

@sesquipedalophobe: A Flash movie would be cool as long as its Wally, but I think he should have his own story and after we get a break from Batman and Superman they can do Knightfall, though if I were Warner Bros, I would've made Knightfall to coincide with TDKR while the general audiences still have Bane fresh in their minds

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Billy Batson

Anything besides the big two.
    BB

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: It sounds like nothing more than a "money plan" featuring Bane. Show a few slides of the broken bat and nothing more, but the premise should allow interest in Jean-Paul Valley. It's what I want to see. More than likely Jean-Paul Valley will be replaced by a character already written into the movie universe and a whole new spin, with just a dash of comic mythology. For instance, that tragedy of a Superman movie featuring a clone and not the entire super crew. Anyone who watched it and enjoyed it should be [hugged] in the face.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By joshmightbe

@sesquipedalophobe: I was trying to see it from a business perspective, if Nolan's movie does well, which it is most likely going to, it would be the most likely time for a knightfall animated movie to turn a profit

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Primmaster64
    @joshmightbe said:

Anything done well that doesn't revolve around Batman or Superman, I know they're DC cash cows but give them a rest already. At the very least hurry up and get Young justice on the air and fix the screwy scheduling a 4 month hiatus in the middle of a season is ridiculous Anything done well that doesn't revolve around Batman or Superman, I know they're DC cash cows but give them a rest already. At the very least hurry up and get Young justice back on the air and fix the screwy scheduling a 4 month hiatus in the middle of a season is ridiculous

Did you just repeat you're sentences? O_o
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By joshmightbe

@Primmaster64: It was some kind of glitch from my laptop I don't know how that happened

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By danhimself

I'd like to see Blur do a feature length DC Universe Online movie

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Primmaster64
    @joshmightbe said:

@Primmaster64: It was some kind of glitch from my laptop I don't know how that happened

Comception O_O jk...Weird huh?
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I love so many Dc characters that i'd really like ANYTHING to be made if it's done well, however i'd like to see some lesser known characters like Challengers of the Unknown or maybe a Question detective story done, that would be boss

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By joshmightbe

@Primmaster64: It wouldn't let me post it the first time I wrote it so I copied it and refreshed it and I guess it double pasted or something

perseus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By perseus

No Grounded , please no!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#31  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Illuminatus said:
    I'm appalled Oliver has not received his own animated film... 

• Flash(preferably Wally, but Barry will suffice).
    • Deadman
    • Stargirl
    • The Authority(Midnighter, Apollo, etc etc.)
    • Endless Nights. 
    Well he did get this and it's pretty good 
    No Caption Provided
     I would love 
    • Stormwatch
    • Secret Six
    • The Flash
    • Captain Atom
    • Hawkman
    • Aquaman
    Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By termiteone4ever

They should just Mimic the DC online Comic Book as it was with the first animation violence and all it should be a late night Adult Sime DC style no holding back .SHazammmmmmm Killing flash and the lanten thats some good stuff

suprem0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By suprem0

I'd like to watch a "Crisis on infinite earths" film or "the killing joke" film or maybe an "identity crisis" film

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gambit1024

Hawkman would be a pretty good short. Idk about a whole movie, though.

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By soccersss

I like to see a Green Arrow Year One movie or about Mia's transition from a life of prostitution to becoming the new speedy. The Year One movie would be my preferred choice

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Gambit1024

@soccersss: Year One would be awesome. It'd be an excellent way to introduce anyone to GA.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.