Follow

Darth Vader

Character » Darth Vader appears in 1467 issues.

Once a heroic Jedi Knight known as Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader was seduced by the dark side and became a dark Lord of the Sith. After severe injuries at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi, locking him in a metal suit, Vader would go on to terrorize the galaxy. Under the apprenticeship of Darth Sidious, Vader served as a powerful enforcer for the Galactic Empire and hunted down any surviving Jedi after Order 66. However, in spite of everything he had done, there were still remnants of good in him.

Watch Two Featurettes for 'Star Wars Rebels' Season 2

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Earlier today we saw a clip from the Season 2 premiere ofStar Wars Rebels featuring Darth Vader. If that left you hungry for more, we have good news. Disney and Lucasfilm have released a couple featurettes for the show.

WARNING! If you haven't watched Season 1, there will be some spoilers!

The first deals with the show as well as what having Darth Vader here means.

The second is a really big spoiler if you haven't watched the Season 1 finale.

Have you ever wondered what happened to the other Jedi and Padawans? What about a certain Padawan in particular? With Vader here, things are going to get a little awkward with the return of a certain character.

That's right, Ahsoka lives! She's older. What's going to happen next?

Season 2 premieres Saturday, June 20 (9:00 pm ET/PT).

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ahsoka!!!

mikeg1965

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet!!!!

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so i wanted to watch all of the Clone Wars and whatever had been released of Rebels before the Force Awakens comes out, currently im on season 3 ep 19 of CW. for the first 2 seasons i didnt really connect with Ahsoka and thought she was one of the weaker characters (surprisingly enough Anakin has become my favorite). but since the season2-3 gap ive started to like her quite a bit more. im interested to see how her story will play out, and how long she will be able to survive

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@kid_apollo: Yup, that's how it goes. I was just 'okay' with her at first. She definitely grows on you.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So can't wait for this!!!

Snipergallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it has been said, but I'll say it again, Vader is one of the most powerful Sith Lord ever, they really have to come up to smart ways that Kanan and the group escape him

As for Ahsoka vs Vader, I gotta be honest, I really like Ashoka, she really grew into a great character in a universe filled with awesome characters, but if they fight, Vader has to win the battle, to really let everybody know that Vader was far the reach of everyone, and that there was only one person that could bring him to the light side.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahsoka 'bratty'? I'm confident they meant 'badass'.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

I love how well Vader has translated to the cartoonish aesthtic of Rebels, he strikes an imposing figure that dosen't really emote because o the mask. That's scary.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ashoka doesn't realize who he is? I wondered about that through the last series. Ben seemed to know it and the way Anakin went out -slaughtering every jedi he could find- should have made him famous.

Deadpool2325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

James Earl Jones!!!! Hot Damn that's awesome news!!

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pizzaman

Really have no interest in Ahsoka and i have no idea why they feel the need to add more jedi in a time where they're supposed to be almost extinct.

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pelykan

Ashoka doesn't realize who he is? I wondered about that through the last series. Ben seemed to know it and the way Anakin went out -slaughtering every jedi he could find- should have made him famous.

Well I think they covered the whole Jedi thing up somehow. In episode 4 people don't even know what Jedi are or think it's a myth.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#13  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Two featurettes about two of my favorite characters. Sweet

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By dernman

I still think it was a wrong to make Ahsoka Anakin's padawan.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pelykan: Well she never talked to Obi-wan or Yoda I guess, or if she has they are sticking to the "Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker" story.

Avatar image for 12_percent_of_a_plan
    12_Percent_Of_A_Plan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So glad Vader's back. It'll be good to see him in his prime against the team.

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

@pelykan said:
    @mark_stephen said:

Well I think they covered the whole Jedi thing up somehow. In episode 4 people don't even know what Jedi are or think it's a myth.

I Agree with that. I mean all you have to do is look at the trailer for Star Wars Uprising set directly after episode 6 to see how the Empire controls the flow of information through media manipulations and lies. Hell, even in Rebles Season 1 we see that and that. I think the major difference in rebles though is that the Rebelion is no where near the size that it is by episode 4 (5 years later) where, im assuming, it becomes more difficult for the empire to hide/censor information about them. As such Ashoka's lack of knowledge over Vade (just Vader, not vader being Sky-guy) may be due to Vader's presence in the empire being kept to a whisper for several reasons:

a) At the end of Episode III Palpatine proclaimed that the so-called Jedi Revolt against him had ended, yet Vader (and his inquisitors) primary mission during this period is to hunt down and kill/turn the remenents of the Jedi order (by this point mostly comprising of former Padawans and possibly even former younglings, so no real Jedi knights (except for the ones living as hermits on desert and swamp planets)) So if vaderr's hunt was made public knowledge it would just inform the public that Palpatine had lied about the Jedi revolt having been swiftly solved.

b) Any jedi that vader has encountered has likely not lived to tell others about him.

c) the rebles so far (as far as we are aware) operate in the outer rim territories so you do have to question how much information regarding the galactic centre and it's movers and shakers gets sent back to them so as far as they may be aware Vader is just another "Lord" in this new empire with its new aristocracy comprised of many other Lords, his "Darth"/Sith status may not be publically known (millitarily yes it is).

d) the 5 year period in which rebles take place before episdoe 4 may be the time period in which Vader becomes more of a public figure, almost in the same way that the rebellion moves out of the shadows of imperial propeganda. Both move from fighting in a shadow war into an open war.

e) I may just be talking out of my ass :P but it is fun to theorise :P

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herx: Yea, and it is also possible that the Emperor wanted the jedi to think that Anakin was dead and that Vader was just someone he had waiting in the wings all along.

Still when Ezra and company tangle with Darth I bet they'd never believe in a million years that this was once the spunky little kid from Tatoine. Every so often I look at Vader and I think that. I'm sure Ashoka once she learns (if she doesn't know already) will be equally as shocked.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going to be intense to see these two throw down.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

wow, the second vid was really heartwarming to watch <:')

@mark_stephen said:

exactly: no witnesses

Snipergallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: If I remember correctly, everybody knew that Anakin died at the end the Clone Wars, they gave him a hero's death, and Vader was introduced as second in command to Palpatine. Few people knew about him because he was only sent when there was need, the empire had to many people under their command that it was hardly necesary, but the few people that had to deal with Vader and lived to tell, spread the word about his cruel, ruthless ways, so fear spread, giving the advantage to the empire.

I don't think Ahshoka knows, but I'm pretty sure she'll know by the end of the episode, she says that she feels the force in the pilot of the tie fighter, force users can know one from another just by the force, remember when Vader knew that Kenobi was on the Death Star, I'm betting something like that will happen.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By WarDishy_

@kid_apollo: Same for me, for Anakin as well as Ahsoka. I think the show did a lot to make Anakin a more interesting and less annoying character from what we got in the prequels. Makes it even worse when he turns to the Dark Side though haha, because you actually kinda like him.

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

*sigh*

Guess this is what we get for cancellation of Spectacular Spiderman (Greg Weisman worked on this and Star Wars Rebels).

Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#26  Edited By Herx

@herx: Yea, and it is also possible that the Emperor wanted the jedi to think that Anakin was dead and that Vader was just someone he had waiting in the wings all along.

Still when Ezra and company tangle with Darth I bet they'd never believe in a million years that this was once the spunky little kid from Tatoine. Every so often I look at Vader and I think that. I'm sure Ashoka once she learns (if she doesn't know already) will be equally as shocked.

true dat. In actual fact i think that the reveal to Ashoka that darth vader and Anakin skywalker are one and the same will (if the creators are leading to the complete fall of all reminents of the jedi order) lead to Asohkas downfall. Just remeber that in episode 5 luke was aiming to kill vader, but after the revelation that he was his father their fight in episode 6 saw luke holding back (well up untill the arm-slicy-offie) and trying to talk his father down. But here with Ashoka, who knew Anakin much better than Luke ever did, the reveal might just shake her up enough to lower her guard or not fight at her best because lets face it fighting and aiming to kill the Evil and Mysterious black masked Darth Vader is easy. Fighting and aiming to kill your former master, teacher and friend from the clone wars? that's more complicated. Hell Even Obi wan couldn't deliver the final blow to anakin, sure he left him on the molten shores of mustaffar limbless and burning, but he couldn't face the idea of directly killing his former student, friend and brother. It was just too much and by the time he was mentally capable of comiting the act in Episode 4 when Vader had move so far away from that man he once was (also hinting that when obiwan claimed that vader had killed anakin, he was also justifying it to himself as well as comforting luke) Obi wan was not in his fighting prime (18-20 years older with 18-20 years of no real sparing partners with which to train with and lets face it old ben-ben may have gone a bit tatoine to if you know what i mean).

But saying that, part of me also hopes that Ashoka never finds out becuase when the 2 will eventually duel Ashoka will be in the dark, just fighting vader because he is (as far as she and the rebellion are concerned) the physical incarnation of the empires cruelty, viciousness and might, but both us the audiance and Vader knowing that there is more to the fight than that (vader wiping out all the traces of Anakin skywalker, thus living up to Obi Wan's comment by killing what remains of anakin skywalker). But saying that some people have comment on how Ahsoka may "feel" anakins presence in the force, but it could be a case that vaders training in the darkside plus his mostly robotic body have altered his presence in the force?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.