Follow

Darth Vader

Character » Darth Vader appears in 1467 issues.

Once a heroic Jedi Knight known as Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader was seduced by the dark side and became a dark Lord of the Sith. After severe injuries at the hands of Obi-Wan Kenobi, locking him in a metal suit, Vader would go on to terrorize the galaxy. Under the apprenticeship of Darth Sidious, Vader served as a powerful enforcer for the Galactic Empire and hunted down any surviving Jedi after Order 66. However, in spite of everything he had done, there were still remnants of good in him.

NYCC 2013: Star Wars Animated News

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's some new information on the upcoming Star Wars animated series. Set to debut in 2014 on Disney XD, Lucasfilm and Disney have unveiled the villain for Star Wars Rebels at New York Comic Con.

No Caption Provided

The Inquisitor is described as an "intimidating figure" and is hired by Darth Vader to hunt down the remaining Jedi. The image above was released showing the Inquisitor in front of the familiar-looking Stormtroopers rather than soldiers in the Clone Trooper armor.

Star Wars Rebels is set to take place in the twenty-year span between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope "in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape."

What about the remaining Clone Wars episodes?

Dave Filoni posted on his Facebook an update with good and bad news. They have wrapped production on the final Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes. The bad news is that it means the show is over. The good news is we'll be able to watch the final episodes in early 2014. Filoni couldn't say when but we will get to see them, including, "one of Master Yoda's most challenging missions."

2014 will be a great year for Star Wars fans.

VaizD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I wonder if Starkiller will make any appearances in Rebels, since it takes place in the correct time period, or if they'll just discount him entirely from continuity. It would be a shame, Starkiller could be interesting if used well.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

I've been meaning to catch up with Star Wars Clone Wars. Hopefully Disney dosne't interfere to much with the production of Rebels. I want a show Greg Weisman works on to make it past 2 seasons (with him still there)

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Okay enough Animation give us live action!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Loved the hell out of his design. He reminds me of the Son in Clone Wars lol

mattwing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok Inquisitor was a class/type of a Sith and that will be his name? Lame!

The lightsaber looks cool though!

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deathstroke19

Am i the only one sad the clone wars is ending? That was like my childhood besides teen titans.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@vaizd said:

I wonder if Starkiller will make any appearances in Rebels, since it takes place in the correct time period, or if they'll just discount him entirely from continuity. It would be a shame, Starkiller could be interesting if used well.

they plowed so much cash in to the Force Unleashed multimedia project I doubt they would do that

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOOKS COOL! dark. Cartoons and child-targeted movies are not dark anymore. Kids today need more nightmares.

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

disney is making all kinds of gains

Avatar image for mister_sensational
    Mister_Sensational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaizd said:

they plowed so much cash in to the Force Unleashed multimedia project I doubt they would do that

And it would also be a shame if they did that considering how the guy who provided the voice and likeness for Starkiller also voiced Anakin in Clone Wars as well.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dumb looking lightsaber..

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Despite the preference for the animated Clone Wars show, I found the CGI Clone Wars to be decent too. Hopefully this replacement will be able to cover an interesting period in Star Wars history.

@jonny_anonymous said:

@vaizd said:

And it would also be a shame if they did that considering how the guy who provided the voice and likeness for Starkiller also voiced Anakin in Clone Wars as well.

I don't think he did. Sam Witwer only voiced one random character on an episode and Darth Maul in the Clone Wars. He didn't voice Anakin.

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CitizenJP

Sounds interesting. Clones Wars was badass but I'm glad that's done with. I'm kind of tired of hearing about that period of time. It'll be nice for this new show to shed some more light on the time between episode 3 and 4. Also, it would be pretty rad if they mention Starkiller (just saying. That would be cool). :p

abeyance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By abeyance

Spectacular Spiderman was canceled so disney could pump out Ultimate Spiderman

Avengers Earth's Mightest Heroes was canceled for Avengers Assemble

Now Clone Wars is ending so Star Wars: Rebels can take its place.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is getting a little annoying. So far the rebooted shows are not as interesting as the shows they replace. The only saving grace is the same studio appears to be involved and Greg Weisman is being brought into the loop. Plus I am also hoping for the return of Star Killer's clone. It will also be interesting if Ahsoka is brought back, will she try to encounter Darth Vader upon learning he's Anakin.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Just as long as affleck has nothing to do with any of the projects.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vaizd said:

THIS

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 owie  Moderator

Excellent, I was just wondering about what was going on with this project earlier today.

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

I'm curious how the continuity will work. The Clone Wars was nice for throwing in fan fave characters and cameos (Delta Squad, Vos, Maul, ect), and for all we know one of the imperial agents will be called 'ensign Solo' or something.

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mcbean

Looks like a boy Asajj Ventress

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope Starkiller will never, ever get mentioned in any star wars series.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

#23  Edited By StMichalofWilson
    @vaizd said:

Indeed

Sounds interesting. Clones Wars was badass but I'm glad that's done with. I'm kind of tired of hearing about that period of time. It'll be nice for this new show to shed some more light on the time between episode 3 and 4. Also, it would be pretty rad if they mention Starkiller (just saying. That would be cool). :p

Right on!

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

It would be interesting if Starkiller was even mentioned in the series. I liked the first Force Unleashed, but the second one felt like a cash in and didn't provide a very convincing story. Also Sam Witwer always provided great characters whenever he's involved in Star Wars (and yes, he provided the voice of the Son and Darth Maul). Also it would be great if any characters from The Clone Wars also make an appearance, mostly the clones, bounty hunters, and Ahsoka.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I watched the 03 series again yesterday, forgot how cool it was. I guess Star Wars aren't so bad. I am still not a huge fan but... ehhhh. I barely started to be really into SciFi futuristic stories in 2009 so... it's a start.

( +)

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Excited here for this! Haven't seen one Episode of Clone Wars yet so when its out, I'm going to have me a massive marathon :)

Avatar image for coffeewithbagels
    CoffeeWithBagels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CoffeeWithBagels

I agree that he looks like a boy Ventress, but man am i looking forward to those last few Clone Wars episodes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.