Follow

Dark Horse Comics

Publisher »

Dark Horse Comics is one of the largest independent comic book publishers, best known for Hellboy and various Star Wars titles.

Legendary Comics to Launch with Bob Schreck

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here
     Perhaps you'l recognize this logo.
     Perhaps you'l recognize this logo.

ut of all the production outfits that have taken a stab at publishing, I’d say that Legendary Pictures makes the most sense. Look at all the movies they’ve produced in six short years… WATCHMEN, 300, WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE, CLASH OF THE TITANS, INCEPTION and all the BATMAN movies (and I have to mention the underrated black comedy, OBSERVE AND REPORT, even though it isn’t a genre flick.) If that filmography wasn’t convincing, they’re also trying to get together WARCRAFT, a new GODZILLA and MASS EFFECT movies along with basically every DC superhero project that’s coming in the pipe. I think they’re one of the most interesting production outfits operating right now since they’re the only one I’m aware that raises money from Wall St. investors and hedge funds. This is why they’ve been able to make a lot of projects happen even after they’ve languished in the infamous “development hell.” 

Bob Schreck himself.
     Bob Schreck himself.

So, like I said, the formation of Legendary Comics is kind of a no-brainer, as is this LA Times announcement that Bob Schreck’s going to be this fledging company’s editor-in-chief. You really ought to have heard of this guy. He’s edited for DC, IDW, Dark Horse and he just happened to found Oni Press.

Their publishing plan right now is going to cover four to six OGN’s a year, with the first one coming out in the first half of next year. As is the case these days, they’ve already got motions to help develop these properties in to movie and TV prospects.

Seeing as how both Schreck and Legendary have both had long and fruitful relationships with Frank Miller - - along with the fact that the companywill be closely tied to Dark Horse - - I wonder if Miller’s long-in-development anti-Al Qaeda FIXER story will be included in the roster.

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS!  &UNIMAGINABLE . Order them on Amazonhere &  here .

Avatar image for bearded_justice
    Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bearded Justice

interesting.  i noticed the company back when Dark Knight was out, and saw they were also making Watchmen.  figured theyd do well
    Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By turoksonofstone

Hmmm. Interesting.

Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Adam Michaels

I like this idea. It reminds me of Radical Publishing. Their goal is also to release mini-series that are made to not only be comics, but potentially being developed into films. They're looking to create franchises and not just comic books. Only difference with Radical and Legendary is that the latter is already established as a film production company with numerous major blockbuster hits under their belt.

rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By rlmay3

I guess you could say... http://instantsfun.es/legendary

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Eyz

The question is...will it last? (come on! That's not the first company-gone-comics publishing house nor the last!)
    And will it print anything good?

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Precise

A Mass Effect movie? Interesting ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.