Follow

Daredevil

Series »

A Netflix series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Season 2 of Daredevil will be "Daredevil vs The Punisher"

• 85 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

Daredevil season 2 will be "Daredevil vs Punisher," as described by co-showrunner Marco Ramirez. Nerdist had the piece of information about the season. A few weeks ago, Jon Bernthal was cast as Frank Castle in next years' follow-up season.

We've already learned that Punisher will also be going about cleaning up the streets of Hell's Kitchen, but goes about it in a much more lethal way. As many fans speculated, this is going to cause conflict with Hell's Kitchen's other vigilante, who isn't too keen on murder. Now, it's apparent that the two will go head to head this season.

Daredevil returns to Netflix in 2016.

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'll have to read that series on marvel unlimited.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil v Punisher

Batman V Superman

Deadpool v Wolverine(probably)

Captain America v Iron-man

This is too good to be true...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Yeah I thought that's what it would be considering the offical DD banner they showed

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The year of the versus!

Batman v Superman> Daredevil vs Punisher> Captain America> Ironman vs Captain America

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

man, I just want Elektra to show up at some point

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

ScrappyDont27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Hope they keep the same fight choreographer, been re watching the 1st season and all the fights are great. Cannot wait for season 2

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I wonder if this means that they'll be portraying the Punisher as a villain in place of an anti-hero Daredevil crosses paths with, or will they clash only to begrudgingly team up to take down a bigger evil at the end of the season, the classic hero vs. hero scenario.

Since Marvel Studio ties together all their productions to some degree, playing Punisher as a flat out bad guy would snuff out the idea of a Punisher solo film. Punisher's whole thing is that he kills people. Really bad people, but it's still murder.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

Called it.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Hopefully this leads to Punisher getting his own show.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By Jenkale

well we know who wins: daredevil cause you know good guy. plus with elektra on his side....

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RisingBean

I actually hope Punisher gets put down at the end of this. I'll be annoyed if they waste a season by not having a villain. I don't like all the hero vs hero angles that we see all the time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually hope Punisher gets put down at the end of this. I'll be annoyed if they waste a season by not having a villain. I don't like all the hero vs hero angles that we see all the time.

Punisher has never been a Daredevil 'villain'. I think they'll clash with each other throughout the season, but I seriously doubt Frank will be the main antagonist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool, but I still want more Fisk and Elektra. I didn't think Matt would have a problem with Frank though as long as he only kills criminals. He was willing to off Fisk.

Rag_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rag_man

@sprior93 said:
    @risingbean said:

Punisher has never been a Daredevil 'villain'. I think they'll clash with each other throughout the season, but I seriously doubt Frank will be the main antagonist.

The MAIN villain will be STILT-MAN!!! :))))

Or is that too tall an order you think?

Snipergallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foxxfireart said:

I wonder if this means that they'll be portraying the Punisher as a villain in place of an anti-hero Daredevil crosses paths with, or will they clash only to begrudgingly team up to take down a bigger evil at the end of the season, the classic hero vs. hero scenario.

Since Marvel Studio ties together all their productions to some degree, playing Punisher as a flat out bad guy would snuff out the idea of a Punisher solo film. Punisher's whole thing is that he kills people. Really bad people, but it's still murder.

Hopefully not a villain, after all, both seek the same results, the difference is the method, although remember episode 2, the torture? Matt is not really that boy scout, so it will be interesting to see what will be the limits that Frank will take (besides the killing thing).

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Awesome but I wanna see Elektra and bullseye also

~MiB

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm sensing a love triangle with Elektra. Only because she's directly between them in terms of her ethics, she's both a killer and a crusader.

If I were writing it, I would have it look like Frank is going to kill Elektra or Karen like we'd expect but he actually ends up killing Foggy and Matt has to avenge him. The actor who plays Foggy is just not working. But I bet they'll keep him alive because he "has" to be there, for whatever reason.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:
    @risingbean said:

I'm tracking. I'm just saying I don't want to spend 13 hours with them clashing only to come to lame realization they both must exist at the end. If the blurb is just misdirecting us from the main villain, then I'm fine with a few headbutts and a team up.

@rag_man said:

The MAIN villain will be STILT-MAN!!! :))))

Or is that too tall an order you think?

Terrible Pun.

I'm hoping for Bullseye myself. I'd also be fine with Paste Pot Pete.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm good with this. If Elektra does show up, I hope it's only for one or two shows with a clear indication of a more substantial return for a third season. Maybe introduce her at the very end of this upcoming season, or maybe Bullseye...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snipergallo said:

@foxxfireart said:

Hopefully not a villain, after all, both seek the same results, the difference is the method, although remember episode 2, the torture? Matt is not really that boy scout, so it will be interesting to see what will be the limits that Frank will take (besides the killing thing).

If they do make him the villain, then maybe they'll use the Punisher MAX characterization; Frank doesn't kill for any altruistic reason, he just simply loves to kill. His family dying was the catalyst for his war, and criminals are a convenient enemy. Maybe his blood-lust gets out of control, and innocents get hurt. Maybe he kills one of Matt's clients.

This version of Punisher would work well as a villain. He'd be a genuine threat, somewhat complex/sympathetic, and Matt would have the moral high ground and justification to stop him.

Avatar image for the_kid_lantern
    The_Kid_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:
    @risingbean said:

IIRC, Punisher is the guy who killed Turk Berry or whatever dude's name was in the comics, when Turk was using the Stilt Man costume no less. Turk is dead this season for sure, and Castle is gonna be the one to end him. Hope he's trying the dumb Stilt Man pants on when it goes down!

~KL~

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He probably meant, their ideologies will be against eachother. It will lead to them to clash physically but I doubt punisher will be written as the main bad

Supersmoothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Supersmoothers

who cares Season 1 was total trash anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be interesting if they used Punisher to test Daredevil's conviction in a different way than Fisk did: With Fisk, the test was NOT to kill him, despite really wanting to. With Punisher, the test is to SEE how things can be improved by crossing that line, at the cost of ones own soul/morals. See a drug dealer forcing kids to push his product? Go ahead, break his arms, knock out some teeth, put him in a hospital. You're just opening that alley for someone else. But you put a bullet in his head, then put some more in every other dealer he knew? That alley looks a lot less appealing.

Put simply: Daredevil might see that killing could actually solve problems, and thus rather than be tested merely by wanting to, will have to consider whether or not the consequences of letting his enemies live is worth his own moral highground.

Could get even more murky if they bring back Stick and his plotline. Maybe show what Black Sky could have done had Stick NOT killed him.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazing

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. I'm ready.

Snipergallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith said:

It'd be interesting if they used Punisher to test Daredevil's conviction in a different way than Fisk did: With Fisk, the test was NOT to kill him, despite really wanting to. With Punisher, the test is to SEE how things can be improved by crossing that line, at the cost of ones own soul/morals. See a drug dealer forcing kids to push his product? Go ahead, break his arms, knock out some teeth, put him in a hospital. You're just opening that alley for someone else. But you put a bullet in his head, then put some more in every other dealer he knew? That alley looks a lot less appealing.

Put simply: Daredevil might see that killing could actually solve problems, and thus rather than be tested merely by wanting to, will have to consider whether or not the consequences of letting his enemies live is worth his own moral highground.

Could get even more murky if they bring back Stick and his plotline. Maybe show what Black Sky could have done had Stick NOT killed him.

That sounds really good, I like that, in that way Punisher will help Daredevil grows as a character and as a vigilante, because he will have to choose if he's willing to go that far to achieve his goals.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

The year of the versus!

Batman v Superman> Daredevil vs Punisher> Captain America> Ironman vs Captain America

Same order here lol. Bats vs. Supes has priority above all else lol

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a little kid, 2 of the first hero books I ever read (after graduating from GI Joe books) were the issues of Daredevil and Punisher where they fought, and their respective books each told the same story from that character's perspective. It was one of those moments where I realized comics were more than cartoons, and that they all existed in a shared universe. To have this translate into live action on a series that is far superior to the crappy Punisher films is making me geek out pretty hard. MCU FTW.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crazy, cause I just got my hands on David Lapham's "Daredevil v.s. Punisher" book last night.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for megaginsengking
    MegaGinsengKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For villains in Season 2, I would like to see The Matador, Gladiator, Stiltman, and Frogger!

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never liked Daredevil at all, UNTIL i ended up watching the first season of this netflix series. hopefully this second season will be just as bad ass as the the first.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: Bullseye has to be involved cause they were trying to cast Jason Stathmon.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe they'll do what arrow did. After revealing punisher make his own show...i hope so

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil v Punisher

Batman V Superman

IKR!

Oh and I have DD winning.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

Man I hope they rightly treat Punisher as a villian. But I'm curious as to hwo they make the ideological struggle between Daredevil and Punisher dramatically interesting. Matt already dealt with the temptation to kill in season 1 so what about Punisher will make it so tempting.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@risingbean: Bullseye has to be involved cause they were trying to cast Jason Stathmon.

And I'm glad Stathmon didn't get the role. I couldn't stand him in that movie, Crunk.

:D

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Jason Statham has repeatedly said he does not do comic book related stuff. That rumour is fake as hell.

CalvinRod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Daredevil v Punisher

Batman V Superman

i know right? i'm glad they're finally giving us actual fights among the heroes, not just whiny arguments about secret-keeping

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Awesome

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

This is great news, yet if Bullseye gets cast that will be greater news.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Whether Frank is the main antagonist or not, I'm glad that they are putting such a huge emphasis on Punisher's role. His very presence can improve and evolve certain key aspects of Matt's character. I may not read about the comic book counterparts, but based on the first season, Matt was already conflicted on whether or not it's better to kill his enemies.

Punisher's methods may even weaken or strengthen Matt's position on the matter. Plus, I'm hoping that this Punisher will be a massive yet skilled powerhouse, and that DD will have to go beyond his limits to win this fight. You could argue that Fisk was also a bruiser, but he was a fat giant man with a temper problem, who doesn't have the military experience, ruthlessness, and the heavy weaponry like Frank.

In short, I'm looking forward to season two.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By ComicStooge

Lol, why do people care about Elektra when Frank is infinitely more interesting?

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes !!!!! Thank you Marvel, more Punisher is always better.

I'm on The Punisher side for sure

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

2016 shall go down in history as the year superheroes went live action kick each others butts. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

Batman vs Superman on March 25, 2016.

Daredevil vs Punisher in April (maybe in they release it around the same time as the first season) 2016.

Captain America: Civil War on May 6, 2016 with Cap and Tony fighting each other.

Man I AM SO EXCITED FOR NEXT YEAR!!

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

man, I just want Elektra to show up at some point

They might be saving that for Season 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.