Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4762 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Why do you like Daredevil?

Avatar image for thelastsonofkrypton
    TheLastSonOfKrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Why do you like Matt Murdock? For his personality?his power?his abilities? For what reason do you like he? And...if he is your favourite character, why? I'm a Spiderman fan but I think DD could like more to me but I need a push.

pretur22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pretur22

Because no matter how though his life is, he never gives up.

Also the parallel between his life as life as lawyer and a crime fighter.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I will put it in terms you find understandable,and logical,and make sense to every human being on the planet earth......

HE'S AWESOME!!!

Thank you.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

He is just the all-around good guy, while still having enough will power and being intimidating enough to be a badass.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His powers are awesome( he has a lot of unwritten abilities that you would have read comics to appreciate) his powers let him be such a cool hero hearing crimes no matter how small while in the area. Cool ninja training and villains . Tons of character is shown while fighting on another end of the law in court. He also has connections to several other heroes like Spider-Man and heroes for hire which is always cool. You can also see how doing the superhero thing affects him( a lot like Peter Parker in this regard) back to his powers on comics they are so cool in action. Just like spidey fights look cool when fighting crooks or when fighting metas. I know this is an old thread but what the heck I wanted to talk daredevil

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PeppeyHare

Cuz Matt Murdock is a chill guy

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A blind lawyer who has a strong moral centre (usually) who can kick@ss? What's there to dislike?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

He has very clever moments.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis said:

A blind lawyer who has a strong moral centre (usually) who can kick@ss? What's there to dislike?

Matt's moral view is pretty flawed. He is a vigilant and a lawyer that is why Frank Miller made Daredevil a catholic. That is the reason I like the character. Matt is flawed person that even though he doesn't want to ends up hurting those who are close to him.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lykopis

@tupiaz said:

@lykopis said:

Matt's moral view is pretty flawed. He is a vigilant and a lawyer that is why Frank Miller made Daredevil a catholic. That is the reason I like the character. Matt is flawed person that even though he doesn't want to ends up hurting those who are close to him.

I agree with you. One of my favourite moments was when he refused to allow Captain America to treat X-23 like a murderer and standing in as her lawyer without a moment's hesitation when it looked as though things were going in that direction.

Although, my first experiences with the character had more to do with Elektra and when you compare the two, he easily pulls ahead in terms of morality. But it's his struggle with it which makes the character endearing. At least to me. And I care more about intention and give a lot of leeway when things go wrong so Matt is always going to be the good guy to me.

MisterAnderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@lykopis@tupiaz I agree with the both of you. His blue collar upbringing and the culpability he has felt in the deaths of Karen Page and Elektra have led him to make ambiguously moral, sometimes downright unethical (regardless of your system of ethics) choices. As Matt, he's kinda sorta a sh*theel to women, because he wants to protect them and keep them at arm's length at the same time from getting hurt or to avoid betrayal. As a lawyer, Murdock is a razor blade, coldly efficient. As Daredevil, he's been a demon and a saint and there is so much blood on his hands. "Those who fight monsters are destined to become them."

Personally, I miss his fake dead brother, "Mike Murdock."

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like that unlike many other characters Matt actually became a hero and got powers from performing a heroic deed and saving someone else. Hulk was in a lab accident, Parker got bit by a spider, Superman was just simply born with powers, but Daredevil was a hero before he had powers.

His look is simple and badass. He is against killing but he has no problem giving a severe beatdown as well. I like that his world is very street level and the stories that come with that.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tupiaz

@irishx said:

I like that unlike many other characters Matt actually became a hero and got powers from performing a heroic deed and saving someone else. Hulk was in a lab accident, Parker got bit by a spider, Superman was just simply born with powers, but Daredevil was a hero before he had powers.

His look is simple and badass. He is against killing but he has no problem giving a severe beatdown as well. I like that his world is very street level and the stories that come with that.

PP didn't become a superhero after he was bitten he did that after Uncle Ben died.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz: I feel like maybe you missed the point. Maybe I wasn't exactly clear.

• Daredevil - gets powers from saving someone
    • Hulk - gets powers from science accident
    • Spider-Man - gets powers from a spider bite
    • Superman - gets powers from birth

The point is that Matt's origins begin with him performing a heroic deed.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I feel he's a noble guy trying to protect despite not being the most powerful or deadly guy around. He feels like an every man hero to me.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By thespideyguy
    1. He's a blind protagonist in a visual medium.
    2. He is able to fight crime at day as a lawyer.
    3. He never gives up.
    4. He has the coolest costume.
    5. He fights for equality.
    Starbrander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Starbrander

After the Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli run, I've been a lifelong DD fan.

Girlfriend turns tricks for drugs and sells your identity...yeah, it gets ugly and very memorable.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mysoulz

He's a lawyer who's willing to help others and even those he came against wearing the mask. He fights both mentally and physically to keep the city safe. Matt can often come depressed at times, because he feels the things he loves and cherishes gets taken away from him as if it was God's intentions. But he's able to overcome his problems and doesn't change who he is. He's an interesting character

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I love Daredevil because he's a broken and flawed human being, he's a messed up guy that lives in a messed up world but he's too stubborn and too angry to let that be the be all and end all so he tries with everything he has to make things better, sometimes he messes up, A LOT of the times he messes up. But he won't stop. He will never stop.

people always compare DD to Batman but really the comparison is false. Batman is cold, calculating and distant always planning everything ahead but Daredevil is the total opposite. Daredevil is ruled by his emotions, he's passionate and angry and he often can go off half cocked and that can sometimes get the better of him but it is also one of his greatest strengths.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Wolverine008

I like Daredevil because he's a simple type of guy. He's often compared to Batman, and I think Matthew is what Bruce would be like if he was a more underdog type of person. Matt doesn't have the best resources, or is the most martially adept guy on the entire planet(Even though he's [pretty sweet), but he still tries to do the best with what he's got. He has a small neighborhood he protects, and he's put all his effort into fixing it bit by bit. I truly admire the man's dedication to his city, and like Milla Donovan noted to Ben Urich during Bendis' Daredevil run in the King of Hell's Kitchen arc, Hell's Kitchen's has constantly have Matthew horrible experiences like watching his father die in front of him, lose his girlfriend Karen Page, etc. and just crap on him in general, but he still gives the city his love, strength, and voice when it is in need. He's just a giving, emotional man whom has the put the needs of other's over his own.

You got to respect a man like that.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I love Daredevil because he's a broken and flawed human being, he's a messed up guy that lives in a messed up world but he's too stubborn and too angry to let that be the be all and end all so he tries with everything he has to make things better, sometimes he messes up, A LOT of the times he messes up. But he won't stop. He will never stop.

people always compare DD to Batman but really the comparison is false. Batman is cold, calculating and distant always planning everything ahead but Daredevil is the total opposite. Daredevil is ruled by his emotions, he's passionate and angry and he often can go off half cocked and that can sometimes get the better of him but it is also one of his greatest strengths.

This was brilliant! I honestly couldn't have said this better myself.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By TDK_1997

Daredevil is something like Batman but a little bit different.The characters is interesting,Matt has things to offer to the readers and you can always expect something interesting from the stories that are connected to him.He has strong morals and he is a real hero that you can look up to.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

he is a ninja who does not let his limitations stop him.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think in some ways Dardevil is the thinking man's Batman...

..both are iconic characters, DD relies less on gadgets, is less known than Batman, but both have overcome personal tragedy to take the fight to street villains...DD is cool because he is like this blind ninja who also happens to be a lawyer and has had some of the best comic book runs of any character...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love his powers and how he actually has to use them to their full ability to be successful and the fact that's he's blind but can still function regularly. And the connection between his lawyer life and crime busting life. And he is similar to batman in some ones that they are both peak humans and detectives and badass and great martial artists

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

What isn't to like?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Is it ok to quote myself for the truth? No?... Well I'm doing it anyway.

Daredevilxx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His suit and mask. The fact that he's blind but his other senses are enhanced at superhuman levels giving a radar sense, which is a cool power. At day he serves justice in court while at night he serves justice in the streets and no one would suspect he can be DD due to the fact he's blind. All he carries around with him is his billy club which he uses as white cane during the day.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: For a all the reasons Johnny named, Matt Murdock is pure awesome badass.

THE_JOKER51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he's the best character in Marvel's Universe besides Punisher.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

because he's advantageously disabled.

Avatar image for in_duke_we_trust
    In_Duke_We_Trust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His powers.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By Squalleon

What's not to like?

ThePieter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because he is a man who has had a lot of bad things happen to him throughout his life yet he never gives up and as someone who is verging on adulthood that is really inspiring to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.