Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

We need a new Daredevil movie

Liz_Lixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Liz_Lixx

A new Daredevil movie would be epic, if done right. I must admit I didn't entirely loathe the Ben Affleck movie.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By tupiaz

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

Why shouldn't DD get a reboot?

@Captain_Shakespeare: Born Again should be a sequel and followed up by Guardian Devil. The first movie should be based on the man with out fear with parts from Miller's run or maybe even DD Yellow hiding what had happen to Karen Page and is just writing a letter and is then revealed in the last movie. You could do the movie with out elektra if you go by the last route. If not Marvel should wait two years till they get the rights for Elektra back.

The reason Fox is holding tight to Silver Surfer and Galactus is to get a better deal. Marvel wants the right to make a new FF movie.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By gotwillpower

@tupiaz: I'd love a Daredevil movie more than anything, but FF would probably be more profitable.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@gotwillpower said:

@tupiaz: I'd love a Daredevil movie more than anything, but FF would probably be more profitable.

What? No.... the last two FF movies failed horribly, No we need a DD movie.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By gotwillpower

@DarkKnightDetective said:

@gotwillpower said:

I just mean that the Fantastic Four are better known among non-comic readers. Maybe. I don't really know anything about movies or people, so...

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tupiaz

@gotwillpower said:

@gotwillpower said:

I just mean that the Fantastic Four are better known among non-comic readers. Maybe. I don't really know anything about movies or people, so...

FF made over 3 times its budget. Daredevil a little over the double. FF is without a doubt more profitable than DD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Four_%28film%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daredevil_%28film%29

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@tupiaz: It's not about the money, it's about the quality of it. And DD deserves a second chance.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tupiaz

@tupiaz: It's not about the money, it's about the quality of it. And DD deserves a second chance.

Clearly @gotwillpower: as he has stated already that he was talking about being more known and using the word profitable he was talking about that is more realistic that FF got a movie before DD because you can make more money on it (there by more profitable). Nobody has said that DD shouldn't get another movie, or that FF was good movies. So yes we where talking about the money.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@tupiaz said:

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

Why shouldn't DD get a reboot?

@Captain_Shakespeare: Born Again should be a sequel and followed up by Guardian Devil. The first movie should be based on the man with out fear with parts from Miller's run or maybe even DD Yellow hiding what had happen to Karen Page and is just writing a letter and is then revealed in the last movie. You could do the movie with out elektra if you go by the last route. If not Marvel should wait two years till they get the rights for Elektra back.

The reason Fox is holding tight to Silver Surfer and Galactus is to get a better deal. Marvel wants the right to make a new FF movie.

You really think Marvel will make movies with the tone of Miller's books? That's never going to happen, the closest your ever going to get is basically a Spider-Man lite style film.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tupiaz

@Jonny_Anonymous: DC have made to Dark Batman movie runs. Can't see why Marvel wouldn't do it. The Man Without Fear was ment to be a movie script. Do I believe they will make it as violent as Miller's run? No, that the probably won't do.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@tupiaz said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: DC have made to Dark Batman movie runs. Can't see why Marvel wouldn't do it. The Man Without Fear was ment to be a movie script. Do I believe they will make it as violent as Miller's run? No, that the probably won't do.

Batman had the advantage of being it's own entity and was geared more towards adults, from here on out the only movies Marvel will make will have to fit the tone of the Avengers movies

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tupiaz

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@tupiaz said:

Batman had the advantage of being it's own entity and was geared more towards adults, from here on out the only movies Marvel will make will have to fit the tone of the Avengers movies

Why do they have to do that? Don't think that is necessary. Also you could target Daredevil towards adults. Is their a Marvel character there can do that it is Daredevil.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@tupiaz said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@tupiaz said:

Why do they have to do that? Don't think that is necessary. Also you could target Daredevil towards adults. Is their a Marvel character there can do that it is Daredevil.

Why wouldn't they? The Avengers is where the cash is at not to mention the centre of MC universe, the best way to make this film populor is to tie it in with the Avengers/MCU and the only way to do that is to mirror the tone of all the films they have made so far eg, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Avengers

ShadowMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShadowMonkey

Here's a question: Ben Affleck is a big fan of Dare Devil, and with his recent run as a great director/writer, would he make a second DD movie a great movie for fans and bring in the cash in the boxoffice?

Ignore the fact that he mainly works for Warner Bros.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tupiaz

@Jonny_Anonymous: Amazing Spider-Ma and X-Men aren't a part of the universe. Daredevil has nothing to do with Avengers. The right way to do a movie is to keep the character real a true to its character. You could also tie Daredevil with Avengers by havening a dark tone and let Black Widow be in the movie. If you portrait the character wrong you film won't be as good nor as successful as if you do. I think Marvel has learn that by doing movies that didn't and failed for instance the first DD movie.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@tupiaz: Spider-Man and X-Men are owned by different companies so I don't know what your trying to say

Avatar image for spidermonkey2099
    spidermonkey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By spidermonkey2099

I would love to see another Daredevil film, but I'm not holding my breath.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tupiaz

@Jonny_Anonymous: Sorry I forgot X-Men and Spider-Men wasn't done by Marvel. Firstly, my point was if you do a movie where the character are shown wrongly/bad it has a negative effect on sales (movies) and in the character images. Therefore marvel want the character to be shown as correctly as possible. Therefore a darker tone is pretty logical. Secondly DD don't have a real connection to the Avengers therefor a DD connected to the Avengers doesn't make much sense- Unless you somehow use Black Widow as a character but only her. Therefore you could still have a movie with a dark tone.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By THORSON

I REALLY WANT ANOTHER dd MOVIE.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

If they did do another DD movie, I would like to see Daredevil: Reborn. This way they can save money on all those costumes and it starts a new chapter so it doesn't have to be a "reboot" or continuation. Just have a short recap of his original origin (because it's the best). If they think it would make for a good "prequel" movie later, they can throw in teasers about how he got to this point but I don't see that as necessary to the story.

Just my thoughts so I don't start a whole new thread for the same (similar) topic :)

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

What we needed was for Joe Carnahan to make his DD movie at FOX, Marvel will never make a Daredevil film and if they do it's be kid friendly flick

Loading Video...

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By daredevil21134
    Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

Why do people keep saying the original DD movie wasn't dark? Daredevil throws a rapist into a train, one of the main characters in the movie is murdered, Matt's father's death was one of the more violent I've seen in a PG-13 superhero film, the villain is a brutal gangster who kills his own henchman rather than some OP meta human. What do you want in the new film? Bullseye eating peoples brains and Kingpin drowning puppies?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

yeah we need a new daredevil movie!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.