Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Marvel Heroes MMO Trailer - Daredevil Cleaning up Hell's Kitchen

• 73 results
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

From Press Release:

Gazillion Entertainment, publisher of the highly anticipated free-to-play, massively multiplayer online (MMO) game Marvel Heroes, have announced that the Closed Beta for Marvel Heroes will begin on October 1, 2012. Marvel fans and gamers can sign up now for a chance to get early access to Marvel Heroes and play as their favorite heroes by visiting www.marvelheroes.com.

This past weekend at the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) in Seattle, Washington, Gazillion unveiled three new playable characters from the heralded Marvel Universe: Daredevil, Punisher, and Squirrel Girl. Gazillion also debuted a new Marvel Heroes gameplay trailer featuring Daredevil, the Man Without Fear, joined by Punisher, Spider-Man and more as they take back the streets of Hell's Kitchen.

Marvel Heroes is a free-to-play, action-packed massively multiplayer online game created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo and Diablo 2. Set in the iconic Marvel Universe, Marvel Heroes combines the core game-play style of Action RPG’s and MMOs with the expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. In the game, players can collect and play as their favorite Marvel Superheroes; including Iron Man, Thor, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider Man, Captain America and many others. Team up with friends and try to stop Doctor Doom from devastating the world with the power of the Cosmic Cube in a story crafted by comic-book super-scribe Brian Michael Bendis.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Thanks for the info, got signed immediately...thanks again. Can't wait to play this.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

SAWEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!

nerdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By nerdork

This looks awesome! I cant wait!

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kid Apollo

hate to admit it but i think DC had the right idea about creating your own hero/villain and implanting them within the universe, i dont like this 'collect-a-hero' idea

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Manchine

I see the forums are still bad... I agree with Kid Apollo, if I can't make my heroes then why play.

Haaydrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Haaydrian

@kid Apollo said:

hate to admit it but i think DC had the right idea about creating your own hero/villain and implanting them within the universe, i dont like this 'collect-a-hero' idea

Definitely.

warpgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warpgirl

I can only wonder if this is going to be an open world with full interaction with other players, like a real MMO, or if you have to sit in a lobby until a team forms. If it's the latter, then how is this any different from the online play of Ultimate Alliance? For that matter, even the evironment looks a LOT like Ultimate Alliance.

And I really really just cringe at the thought of an entire team of ... *snikt* Bub... *snikt* Bub. Bub, *snikt*

Mycroftian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mycroftian

It's cool that they're trying something different, but I'm a little skeptical of the lack of character creation

Joe_Amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Joe_Amazing

@warpgirl said:

I can only wonder if this is going to be an open world with full interaction with other players, like a real MMO, or if you have to sit in a lobby until a team forms. If it's the latter, then how is this any different from the online play of Ultimate Alliance? For that matter, even the evironment looks a LOT like Ultimate Alliance. And I really really just cringe at the thought of an entire team of ... *snikt* Bub... *snikt* Bub. Bub, *snikt*

They should just call it City of Wolverines

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @Haaydrian

@kid Apollo said:

Definitely.

This. If I can't make my own toons or "import" some of my favorite DC characters over , why play?
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Bestostero

i actually like this way better than create your own character, i rather play as my favorite characters than create a random character. i just wonder if this game will be any good, ill try since its free, but usually that just means "pay to win".

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By htb106

Sounds good. Not keen on the graphics though.

I think I'll stick to DCUO for now.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Trixie

The graphics look worse than some games made 10 years ago, like seriously.

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By skaarason

so i guess it's only for pc then

even though i hate mmo's and the graphics suck , i'd prob get it if it was on consoles

oldstevens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oldstevens

I'll probably give it a try however I think DCU has the right idea of allowing you to create a character and have him/her work within that universe.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Emperorb777

@kid Apollo said:

I agree

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By danhimself

it's really hard for MMO's to have high end graphics....so if that's what you're after then mmo's aren't for you

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xanthiss

This game looks like crap. The lighting sucks. The graphics suck. Animation is terrible. It looks like a 90's playstation game, when they were just learning how to make 3D games. Oh my you get to play as Squirrel Girl... so lame. The Punisher shooting a rocket launcher made out of sparklers...so sad. They should have made a Rock, Paper, Scissors game, it would be more fun. Free-to-play because nobody would subscribe to that. That game makes me sad. :o(

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself

@xanthiss said:

This game looks like crap. The lighting sucks. The graphics suck. Animation is terrible. It looks like a 90's playstation game, when they were just learning how to make 3D games. Oh my you get to play as Squirrel Girl... so lame. The Punisher shooting a rocket launcher made out of sparklers...so sad. They should have made a Rock, Paper, Scissors game, it would be more fun. Free-to-play because nobody would subscribe to that. That game makes me sad. :o(

you aren't going to get next gen quality graphics out of an mmo at this time...to much memory and bandwidth is used on the mmo aspect of the game...just look at WoW...even on a high end pc with the settings turned up as high as possible it's still nothing compared to a ps3 or xbox360 game....so again I say if you're looking for a game with high end graphics then an mmo is not the game for you

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21  Edited By Cafeterialoca

Okay, before people comment, READ THIS POST AND FACTS!!!!!

• The Game is FREE TO PLAY. As in COMPLETELY free to play. You only pay money if you want to speed things up.
    • The Roster is going to be VERY large. The creators plan to continually add characters to the game even after release. So don't freak out when you see the character list ans go "WHERE'S ____________"
    • October 1st is the CLOSED Beta. Sign up at Marvelheroes.com
    • Characters are so far: Black Panther, Black Widow, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cable, Cyclops, Rocket Raccoon, Emma Frost, Scarlet Witch, Cyclops, Squirrel Girl, Punisher, Daredevil, Deadpool, Human Torch, Thing, Iron Man, Storm and Ms. Marvel
    • Bosses so are Magneto and Viper
    • Ka-Zar and Nova are announced but not shown in game yet. Psylocke, Beast, Dagger, Multiple Man are shown in game, but not announced playable yet.

Okay now that I got all that out of the way, I hope this avoids any pointless posts. Because facts constantly are asked about in this game.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zombietag

no mac version??

i guess its an mmo, but this kind of looks like playstation graphics

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@zombietag: Actually, they are working on a Mac version.

thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thehood

I really wish they'd stop calling this an MMO, when it clearly is more akin to a dungeon crawler like MUA or Diablo. Just because your game is online, doesn't make it an MMO. Looks fun though.

CounterShock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CounterShock

Am I the only one who thinks creating their own hero is kinda dumb? I play these kinda games so I can BE Spider-Man, Daredevil, Punisher, etc., why would I want to play as a nobody that just takes quests from Robin or something lame like that?

thecomicscove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#26  Edited By thecomicscove

@CounterShock: Agreed. Creating your own "unique" hero has been done to death in all too many games, most recently DCUO. Give me and MUA-style online game, with lots of leveling, gear, skins, power sets, and interaction and I'll be happy.

I've got a lot of hopes for this game. Definitely the right IP for it.

DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DanialCarroll

My only fear for this game is that you'll get hundreds of the same character running around together. That'll just ruin it for me. I don't think they've announced an Xbox version yet anyway, so I probably won't even get to play it :(

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xanthiss

@TheHood said:

I really wish they'd stop calling this an MMO, when it clearly is more akin to a dungeon crawler like MUA or Diablo. Just because your game is online, doesn't make it an MMO. Looks fun though.

Both games have good graphics, better than this. True, why is it a MMO, what if everyone who plays wants to be Daredevil, Who plays the other characters?

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xanthiss

@Cafeterialoca said:

• The Game is FREE TO PLAY. As in COMPLETELY free to play. You only pay money if you want to speed things up.
    • The Roster is going to be VERY large. The creators plan to continually add characters to the game even after release. So don't freak out when you see the character list ans go "WHERE'S ____________"
    • Characters are so far: Black Panther, Black Widow, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cable, Cyclops, Rocket Raccoon, Emma Frost, Scarlet Witch, Cyclops, Squirrel Girl, Punisher, Daredevil, Deadpool, Human Torch, Thing, Iron Man, Storm and Ms. Marvel
    • Ka-Zar and Nova are announced but not shown in game yet. Psylocke, Beast, Dagger, Multiple Man are shown in game, but not announced playable yet.

Okay now that I got all that out of the way, I hope this avoids any pointless posts. Because facts constantly are asked about in this game

What does that mean? Pay to Speed things up?

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gritterr

@Immortal777 said:

@kid Apollo said:

I agree

I agree as well. I love DCUO and hoped marvel would lean that way for an MMO. But this game does look promising imo.

Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By Big_Nasty

uh-huh....about that. I think I'm sticking with DC games.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cafeterialoca

@xanthiss said:

@Cafeterialoca said:

Okay now that I got all that out of the way, I hope this avoids any pointless posts. Because facts constantly are asked about in this game

What does that mean? Pay to Speed things up?

From what I assume, it means "Some things like leveling up might take a while, so you can spend actual money to speed that up".

Avatar image for mister_sensational
    Mister_Sensational

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

it's really hard for MMO's to have high end graphics....so if that's what you're after then mmo's aren't for you

I agree with you to an extent. I mean I hate to sound like another DCUO fanboy (though I do play the game) but it has great graphics for an MMO on both the PC and PS3 versions. I mean we have computers that come with stock graphics cards that put those of a PS2 or original XBox to shame so I don't think it's too much to ask for higher standards in graphics even for an MMO.

And to those ascribing to the notion that it's somehow "better" to only be able to play as your favorite hero or villian as oppose to one you thought of yourself, you really must have no imagination. As much as I like all of the Marvel characters set to appear in this game I'd much prefer to play as a character "inspired by" them fighting along side them with other original characters in that same vien than a dozen Wolverines, or Caps or Iron Man's etc. All the variant costumes in the Marvel Universe will never match the uniqueness you feel when playing as character whom you've named and dressed to your own specifications.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#34  Edited By turoksonofstone

@kid Apollo said:

this.

NYStreets09e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NYStreets09e

Why is Elektra a villain/Boss, I really hope they make her Playable.... :-/

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Daredevil=Everything 

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By .Spider-man.

So sad how bad this will be.

spiderturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By spiderturtle

I wanted to make my Marvel character........

maxicere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By maxicere

OK, the game will be free BUT it's horrible. Graphics sucks, looks like an 'Playstation One' game.

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BoyWander

EVERYONE BE DEADPOOL. That'll make the game at least some what entertaining.

jcbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jcbart

Wait, so when DCU came out everyone complained that you had to make your own character, and couldn't play as actual DC characters, and now we're preferring that to actually playing as Marvel characters? Huh?

Utandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Utandi

It's for free isn't it?

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

In my opinion it's not all about graphics...

RedGenesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By RedGenesis

Lots of people complaining about this game!

I think it looks awesome. I like being able to play as a ton of different Marvel heroes and it's free? Hell yeah.

I generally dislike create-a-character with DCUO because I don't like playing along with Superman or Wonder Woman as much as I'd rather play as them. It doesn't bother me with City of Heroes (RIP) or Champions Online, but that's because of the IP.

And the people saying it looks like Playstation One graphics.. have you even played the Playstation One?

No Caption Provided
    Mokey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mokey

That gameplay has a lot of work that needs be done. Stiff and lifeless.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Looks fine to me! Would love to try it, especially if its free.

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xanthiss

I love the responses that reflect that graphics should not matter because it is a free game. Sorry but I enjoy decent graphics in my games. I chose not to play games that suck even if they are cheap/free, as I value my time. I could buy cheap toilet paper, but I enjoy wiping my butt with a fluffy cloud. :oD Sometime its just worth spending the money.

KNlGHTWlNG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KNlGHTWlNG

My problem is that it's not for any console. The graphics I can deal with. And while I did enjoy MUA 1&2, I'm not a big fan of that type of game play. Not my cup of tea but I see the appeal. I wish they would make another game like Rise of the Imperfects. Although I feel like the only person in the world who liked/played that game.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LordRequiem

I can't wait for a MUA3, but this just looks like a joke.

7DEADPOOL7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By 7DEADPOOL7

Bad because its free the best things in life are never free. MArvel Ultimate Alliance 3 would have been a much better way for Marvel to use their resources.

5ive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By 5ive

Sure are a lot of complaints. Did you guys miss the part about it being FREEEEEEEEEEE...... Just say thanks marvel

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.