Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Is Daredevil a Better Match For Black Cat Than Spider-Man?

• 118 results
    Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Bestostero

i love felecia and peter's relationship, but its about time she's moved on since its always mj or gwen...she deserves better, daredevil is awesome.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By RedOwl_1

Mmm... Where I saw something similar? mmm... a good dark guy in love with a cat thief... mmm...

I'll tell you when I remember it, anyway I loved that issue, so much "bad romance"

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

It seems too early in Daredevil's new volume to do this.To be perfectly honest I've never enjoyed Daredevil's relationships outside of the one with Karen Page.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I could see her with DD sure...but for some reason I'll always see Felicia and Peter as together. Just my opinion of course.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Decept-O

It is an interesting dynamic, didn't know this was happening. Hmm...well, Murdock sure hasn't had a very good track record with women. I mean, Peter Parker at least managed a few positive girls like Betty Brant while Murdock--well his stable of women speaks for itself. It isn't so much that Murdock is more a Playboy type it is that he has been with women who have very strong personalities in one way or another. Strong but also full of drama. More so than Pete.

However, I can see where Black Cat would be someone a bit more "fun" to a degree, at least compared to DD's past women. The thing with Murdock, which you have to remember, is that he may not be able to "see" all of Felicia's faults. *pun intended*

undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By undeadpool

@azza04 said:

No No No No No No No NO!

Yes?

@ReVamp said:

@danhimself said:

I just don't like it....I don't know why....I just don't

Yeah... Also cause she's playing him IIRC

Not sure you CAN play Daredevil. The guy's more commitment-phobic than Hugh Hefner.

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#57  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

Pfft. Waid wrote a really crummy Spider-Man. Seriously, the guy simply ignored what Slott was actually doing with Spider-Man, and wrote Peter off like a whiney little bitch. Too me, Waid's essentially stealing the Back Cat - Spider-Man dynamic, and copying it straight into the Daredevil books.

It's not even an original angle, simply something that's been going on in the Spider-Man books, now has transfered towards Daredevil. I'll be quite dissappointed if this were to continue. Daredevil deserves his own love/flirt interests.

Avatar image for allmightyjackson
    AllmightyJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By AllmightyJackson

DD is a player. Plus I think this dynamic is just to mirror the Batman/Catwoman dynamic.

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#59  Edited By GothamRed

hey, so long as it makes spidey and MJ closer you can give his other love interest to whoever you want

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By KEROGA

chicks dig blind guys

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GrimoireMyst

So let me get this straight. Black Cat wants to have a lot of sex with Spider-Man with the condition she know nothing about his real identity because she has the feeling it will make him less interesting... hmmm.

Without knowing the current storyline you mention she wanted a so called "meeting" with him and when he didn't play by the rules she turned her attention to a hero with a known real identity because that makes him more interesting.

I think this sounds lame imo but that could be because Black Cat has been less interesting to me since she set up the rules with ol' pete. lol

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Deranged Midget

Nah, Peter and Black Cat are better and I hope they attempt to rekindle that old flame.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Video_Martian

I hate love triangles >:(

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Icon

I'm not sure Cat and DD can last. They're both too fickle. But you're right about one thing. She is Marvel's leading lady. XD

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#65  Edited By cosmo111687

Well...It'll just be Batman and Catwoman, then...

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By Miss_Garrick

No.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Spydey

Yea, it is kind of Batman/Catwomanish...no. It's REALLY Batman/Catwomanish.

enigma_2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By enigma_2099

Considering how she's been written lately, why the hell would anyone with common sense bother with her?!?!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#69  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Marvel needs to find something to do with Felicia.Only existing as a love interest for other characters is a meaningless existence.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By VioletPhoenix

I mean..she might not die..

SpaceCadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SpaceCadet

How many men in how many decades I mean come on the characters practically a nun

It's not like she's She Hulk

Avatar image for red_leader_xiii
    red-leader-xiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By red-leader-xiii

no...

Avatar image for friendlyneighborhoodspidey
    friendlyNeighborhoodSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I think this might feel weird because DD and Black Cat together feels like Batman and Catwoman gone wrong. Spidey and Black Cat is different enough that it feels like its own thing, but this new matchup is maybe too close to home. Its kind of like how the closer robots come to looking human, the more repulsed we get, because they just look "off." Plus Black Cat knows she can never have a long term relationship, so she runs aways from anything that feels too real to save herself the pain. This DD thing will pass as soon as it gets too serious. Should be fun to watch, though.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#74  Edited By Teerack

NO. The only reason their "interaction" happened was so Cat could steal the unstable molecular thing from DD.

spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By spideyfan69

I don't have a problem with DD and Black cat hooking up. What I have a problem with is Mark Waid making Spider-man look like a total loser just so that daredevil could look cooler in comparison, honestly I think that is what Waid was going for if you ask me. I'm just glad Slott made up for this insult to his character by having him make out with Silver Sable in ASM 679.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By darthfury78

My impression is that DD will not be as tolerant towards the Black Cat than Spider-Man. If she didn't like her relationship with Puma, it's only a matter of time before she leaves DD for Spider-Man yet again. The problem for Felicia is that she'll have a tough time getting Spider-Man back. Especially when there are other women who want him as well like,

Silver Sable

Ms. Marvel

Psylocke

Mystique

Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew)

She-Hulk

If she could get pass them, she'll deserve to be Spider-Man's love interest.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#77  Edited By The Impersonator

@saoakden said:

This sounds interesting.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

Matt and Felicia is a good match...for a short term fling. Their personalities match up well. Matt because he is a flirt and horn dog that loves the ladies that are bad for him. Black Widow, typhoid mary, Elektra to name a few..

And Felicia could find using Matt to both be fun and profitable.

But if you read the story, Felicia might be dollar signs as opposed to the big picture, so the kitten may be doing more harm then she realized.

But as the book said

This is why no one likes to team up with Daredevil lol

Fun hook up and like the idea, but she is a Spider Girl all the way

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@nahadef said:

I thought this listening to it being stated in the podcast, but...

No Caption Provided

I'm sure it has to do with my age, but even though I don't remember reading the issue, the cover is well burned in my mind. Someone did think to pair Daredevil with Klaw, and they did it 25 years ago ;)

Thank you,

As for my thoughts on this relationship.......I think I need to do that review after all........

spideyfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By spideyfan69

Lets face it eventually DD is just gonna dump her too. Felicia has shown many times that she is not relationship material. Spider-man shouldn't feel bad about Black cat rejecting him, cause she doesn't deserve him anyway. And besides there putting Spiderman back with MJ AGAIN!!!!!!!! God I really wish they would hook Spiderman up with a hot interesting superhero chick too,but the thing with Silver Sable was pretty legit.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#81  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Yes. Let's face it. Their both playas and Spidey isn't (not saying that Pete can't get it).

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By xanthiss

@nahadef: Well played. I thought exactly the same thing. --- I even thought it while reading the issues. Daredevil acted like he never met the character before.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

ugh I hate Black Cat, she's so petty and jealous

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#84  Edited By ladydeath

Spidey and Black Cat have always been the cute couple. Would be weird to see her with DD!?!

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really IMO

@darthfury78 said:

My impression is that DD will not be as tolerant towards the Black Cat than Spider-Man. If she didn't like her relationship with Puma, it's only a matter of time before she leaves DD for Spider-Man yet again. The problem for Felicia is that she'll have a tough time getting Spider-Man back. Especially when there are other women who want him as well like,

Silver Sable

Ms. Marvel

Psylocke

Mystique

Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew)

She-Hulk

If she could get pass them, she'll deserve to be Spider-Man's love interest.

Since when did these two say that they like spidey?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By darthfury78

@iLLituracy said:

But she's a thief!

And he's a lawyer!

This sounds like a really bad sitcom...or a really good one...

And they said that Jennifer Walters x Peter Parker wouldn't because:

He's a Scientist

And she's a Lawyer

Not a very good combination, according to them. What do you think? She-Hulk x Spider-Man works better than DD x Black Cat!!!!

@Decept-O said:

It is an interesting dynamic, didn't know this was happening. Hmm...well, Murdock sure hasn't had a very good track record with women. I mean, Peter Parker at least managed a few positive girls like Betty Brant while Murdock--well his stable of women speaks for itself. It isn't so much that Murdock is more a Playboy type it is that he has been with women who have very strong personalities in one way or another. Strong but also full of drama. More so than Pete.

However, I can see where Black Cat would be someone a bit more "fun" to a degree, at least compared to DD's past women. The thing with Murdock, which you have to remember, is that he may not be able to "see" all of Felicia's faults. *pun intended*

Peter has had some relationships with women with strong personalities like Michele Gonzales and Carol Danvers. However, Silver Sable and Jessica Drew have (strong personality types) expressed an interest in Spider-Man as well.

@spideyfan69 said:

Lets face it eventually DD is just gonna dump her too. Felicia has shown many times that she is not relationship material. Spider-man shouldn't feel bad about Black cat rejecting him, cause she doesn't deserve him anyway. And besides there putting Spiderman back with MJ AGAIN!!!!!!!! God I really wish they would hook Spiderman up with a hot interesting superhero chick too,but the thing with Silver Sable was pretty legit.
    There has always been tension between her and Spider-Man. If there was a man who could hold her interest in the highest regard, it's Spider-Man. Silver usually shows her gratitude with cash. If she kiss somebody, then that means she's beginning to understand Spider-Man. And the kiss is a hint that Silver likes Spider-Man a lot, while she probably will not admit it to him. And the only way for a mutual relationship to develop between them is for Silver Sable to be the one to initiate it as Spider-Man would not have known otherwise.

Never the less, I feel that Spider-Man's mutual relationships should be expanded. The list is as follows:

Ms. Marvel
    Silver Sable
    Spider-Woman
    She-Hulk
    Psylocke

Any of the above women would make for a legitimate relationship, as far as mutual relationship goes.
    CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87  Edited By CATPANEXE

I don't really want see her "with" anyone. She's a great character and impresses me as a strong, in control self made woman. Yet, in her appearances over the past couple years it seems most times she is used as a male characters mate/date/sidekick. Almost as if it's become the staple of her character. I've seen her written much better than as anyone's toy.

DropSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By DropSolo

Maybe I missed something but I thought the last few pages of issue #8 explained that The Cat was just using DD to get that database thingy?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By daredevil21134

@DropSolo said:

Maybe I missed something but I thought the last few pages of issue #8 explained that The Cat was just using DD to get that database thingy?

That's how its starts and before they know it they're hooked.

DropSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By DropSolo

@daredevil21134: Nah. The reveal will be DD was hip to her wiles all along and he's playing along to get a lead on Black Spectre or The Secret Empire.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By daredevil21134

@DropSolo said:

@daredevil21134: Nah. The reveal will be DD was hip to her wiles all along and he's playing along to get a lead on Black Spectre or The Secret Empire.

LOL

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Omegus

bet ya Daredevil never saw that kiss coming.....bazinga.

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaioTrubat said:

Imagine if Selina Kyle started to date Dick Grayson instead of Bruce Wayne. Think for 2 minutes and tell me its wrong.

actually to be honest, it gives me hope :P

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#94  Edited By Strider1992

@CATPANEXE: I agree I think she does better not being tied down but one paring that would be fun to see would be her and Kaine (current Scarlet Spider) he's a clone of Peter Parkers so he's basically Spider-man except he's got more of an attitude and is more relaxed on using more brutal attacks and debates killing quite a lot. As he has a more fiery personality than Spider-man he would definitely call her on her bulls***t so they would clash a lot but ultimately it would be rather amusing for them to meet even if it doesn't become romantic considering her past with Spider-man.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Dreadmaster

@danhimself said:

I just don't like it....I don't know why....I just don't

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By CATPANEXE

@Strider92: That's somewhat redundant, no offense, and I don't recall posting my opinion as a retraction to your prior (unless your the OP's, then sure)? You agree that she should be single and defined as her own character rather than anothers booster, but she should be with " this " character instead in his series because she'll look good on him more or less? I think you didn't understand my post nor agree with what I said.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#97  Edited By Strider1992

@CATPANEXE: No I agree she should stay single and have a stand alone series! What I was saying was that IF they had to hook her up I think that would be interesting but i'd still prefer her as her own character and not just someone's sidekick/girlfriend.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By CATPANEXE

@Strider92: Had to hook her up? Again, I don't think you followed it, sorry. If she was Kaine's girlfriend in Scarlet Spider (Yes, I know who he is, I read comic books, hence 4 years as a member of a site about them) and a supporting cast member of his book that would a redux of what they've done so far with her character and continue the cycle of adding obscurity to it. Agreeing that she should be single and would be perfect to be another characters sidekick, is redundant. Again, I'm not sure where you concluded my post was a reply or argument to one you made prior either. I'm somewhat confused by this, sorry?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#99  Edited By Nerx

His girlfriends always die, do they really want to kill her off?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#100  Edited By X35

Felicia deserves a bit of happiness. So i hope it works out between the two, i feel sorry for her just being Spider's bootycall. She deserves much better than that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.