Follow

Daredevil

Character » Daredevil appears in 4764 issues.

As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save an elderly stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying the dangerous material. In turn, his other senses were heightened to superhuman sharpness and he gained a form of "radar sense". By day, he is a successful trial lawyer; but by night, he guards Hell's Kitchen as Daredevil: the Man Without Fear.

Daredevil Season 1 or Season 2?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73afcc9b00
    deactivated-57e73afcc9b00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Daredevil Season 1 or Season 2? (60 votes)

Season 1 45%
    Season 2 55%

Which season was better?

• 
    Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love both very much and think they both have high points and low points. But I give the edge to S2 slightly.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

1 by a healthy margin imo.

Though I still have a couple left but it would take a lot to change my mind.

Everything with Elektra has fallen flat for me and the Karen/Matt thing is just another in a long string of live action comic romances that suck and are not necessary

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 1. Punisher was the only thing keeping me interwstes in S2.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 2. I liked Punisher, Elektra, and the Hand more then Kingpin.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2. Naturally developed all of the characters from where they were in Season 1, while still keeping them true to their selves. Enjoyed the slow break up of the group and the areas they each focused on. Felt that everyone got a chance to shine and The Hand were introduced solidly. Thought that Daredevil, Elektra, and Punisher were all at their best here.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Uncanny_Doom

Definitely season 1. Season 1 was great, 2 was pretty good. The action is better in season 2, but the story got a bit messy and rushed. Lack of a true villain was also a legitimate problem.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Definitely season 1. Season 1 was great, 2 was pretty good. The action is better in season 2, but the story got a bit messy and rushed. Lack of a true villain was also a legitimate problem.

I think I agree with this. Stick also seemed a little contradictionary at times.

I give season 2 a lot of credit for following up season 1 properly and not being dissappointing, though, it was a pretty high cliff. Especially Fisks appeareance was done really well, usually if a villain from earlier are kept around they devolve into only minor annoyances to the hero in a single episode and don't exhibit any of the brilliance and capabilities that made them terrifying to begin with. Fisk is clearly the same character and he is clearly still a threat to Matt and anyone else. I didn't even expect his appereance and his character actually moved forward even officially taking his title as the kingpin.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rogueshadow  Moderator

Season 2 was better than I first thought, I was so tired by the last few episodes, I'd been up for nearly 24 hours, so I was like 'argh, I need sleep.' during the last bunch.

I do still think Season 1 was a little better, even if Season 2 had more wow moments.

• DD S1 - 9/10
    • JJ - 8/10
    • DD S2 - 8.5/10

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wrucebayne

I'm in the middle of my second viewing of season 2, and as of right now, I'm going with season 1. It's really hard to top Fisk, the excellent pacing, and the themes explored. Season 2 is almost every bit as good as season 1, but in a slightly different way. It's definitely more action-packed (in a good way), and it feels like they picked up where they left off and never left.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 2 by a large margin

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Season 2 because Punisher.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Season 1 easily. Season 2 was a definite improvement when it comes to building up mystery and giving Foggy & Karen relevant material but beyond that I think season 1 was better. For one this season couldn't deliver on the Punisher vs Daredevil conflict,secondly it went on to become Punisher season 0 inside Daredevil season 2. Neither story lines converged,both became more and convoluted with each passing episode,Elektra's story in particular was just a mess.

Still Bernthal was fantastic as Punisher and I loved Yung as Elektra,her snotty personality didnt bother me in the least. But nothing holds up to Kingpin,Fisk was brilliant in the 2 episodes he showed up in.

Still a great show though,probably the best one with comic characters,rivalled only by Jessica Jones.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Unfortunate you think that, you mostly want be back for S3 t top right?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73aa46d9f7
    deactivated-57e73aa46d9f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 2. Punisher was great. It also felt more like the comics then season 1 did.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

1 by a healthy margin imo.

Though I still have a couple left but it would take a lot to change my mind.

Everything with Elektra has fallen flat for me and the Karen/Matt thing is just another in a long string of live action comic romances that suck and are not necessary

Not necessary? That's like saying Gwen Stacy and Peter Parker aren't necessary.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@jonny_anonymous: you misundertand. I'm speaking As far as live action is concerned - Karen hasn't even amounted to a fraction of what comic Karen meant to DDs life.

The character has made practically none. At this point it's just her name that they share.

We might get there eventually but right now she an awul waste of space

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

season 2 was great

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 2 blew me away more than 1 did.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Season 2.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I thought season 1 was amazing. But, season 2 had way more of the action I was looking for and Punisher was such an awesomely fleshed out character. His moments with Daredevil especially were great.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dan12456

Season 2 assuming they properly wrap up all the plots, since they didn't resolve a single thing.

I preferred the two separate plot style to the "defeat all the minibosses then take on the main boss" style they used last year.

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
    deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

Even though I personally prefer season 2, I firmly believe that structure and development wise, Season 1 was better. They've improved a lot of things from the past season obviously, but season one felt like a cohesive story where as with season 2, a lot of characters and plot points had to take a break so they could introduce new one's. You'll notice how Punisher and Elektra exchange the spotlight numerous times throughout, which lead to the former unfortunately being underused in my opinion, since Elektra had more relevance to how the story was supposed to develop from the previous one. That being said, both seasons were fantastic and I absolutely loved binge watching them. I honestly can't wait for what they have in store for us next.

Also, Jon Bernthal is an fantastic Punisher and I really hope that he gets his own show. The way the developed his character either suggest that he's going to carry his own series or he'll have a bigger role in the following daredevil seasons.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Season 1. Superior plot structure and character development. The action was inferior to the second season, granted; but the plot being far less convulted and such more than makes up.

SinisterSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SinisterSoul

Season 1.

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lactosetolerant
    LactoseTolerant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved season 2 but I personally preferred the pacing of season one more. It was a bit slow but the story was fleshed out perfectly, whereas with season 2 it started to branch into two separate things that barely even tied together and it felt very off to me. I also liked that the fight scenes were few and far between because it made them that much more appreciable.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 1 easily, 2 sucked for the most part.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Season 1 but its close.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

I only watched season 1. Then I watched Jessica Jones and now I'm watching Agents of SHIELD Season 3. When I'm done with that I'm watching Season 2 of Daredevil. I don't know but I don;t expect it to be worse than season 1.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 modernww2fare  Online

I preferred S2, and I still can't believe some people hated Bernthal as the Punisher

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.