Follow

Daken

Character » Daken appears in 1163 issues.

Daken is Wolverine's long lost son, torn from his mother's womb by the dark figure Romulus. Raised with a warped view on his father's "abandonment" and his mother's murder, Daken was left holding a grudge.

Truly evil? Or a possible antihero

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MichonneHack27

Yes I know it might be dumb to ask. But I don't have comics where I live:B, no graphic novels in the bookstores with Daken. So I'm asking those that have read the comics, is Daken really evil? Does he have any good qualities at all? From what I've heard, besides his hatered fro his father, he doesn't have many good characteristics.oO 

And here's another question, do you think he's meant to be evil? Do any of you ever once believe he could be good? Or would be better as a hero? Personally I don't think he's meant to be good, he seems destined to be a villian. And he plays the part well. Well anyway, what are your ideas?

ryderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryderman

Daken isn't evil in the context of what you'd consider "conventional evil." He's far more of an anti-villain than an anti-hero. He has his own motives, and changes his act depending on who he's interacting with. For example, he's played a humble and regretful act with the Fantastic Four, making himself their friend. He's hit on Bullseye with no other purpose than to infuriate him, acting like he was more important to him than he really was. He's a chameleon, blending in everywhere he goes, and personally that is what I love most about the character. In terms of any good qualities, there doesn't seem to be any at the moment. It would go back to his upbringing. If there was ever a possibility to get through the brain washing he's recieved, then there's a chance for redemption. As I've said, I wouldn't consider him a conventional villain, but an anti-villain as Marjorie Liu has pointed out in the past. I much prefer him as the devious snake he is, but I do love a good redemption story. I do believe there is potential for just that, depending on where his writers choose to take him.
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By HellionVulcan

Hes just a guy wanting to rule the world by any means necessary but the means justify the ends to him in a anti hero type of way but op why not buy off the internet like ebay & such as u can get complete tpb & such ? ..

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

Well, personally, i don't buy into the concept of evil, let alone pure evil, but Daken's got plenty, and plenty of evil actions. He's going to be a villain for a long long time, but if the writers are good enough, they will tease you with hints of him being an anti hero. Unlike a lot of bag guys, bar the big ones, Daken is intelligent, and reasonably good looking, and been around a few years, more than half a century IIRC.  

Most evil act I think so far? Getting an innocent girl killed by tricking her to run into traffic. A girl who was having a physical relationship I think too. Can't quite remember the specifics, but it was over something fairly mundane. The reason Daken might get tagged as more grey, is because Daken tends to treat villains and heroes equally.

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

I think he just needs a hug. 

And a shot to the head

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By z3ro180
    @SC said:
    "Well, personally, i don't buy into the concept of evil, let alone pure evil, but Daken's got plenty, and plenty of evil actions. He's going to be a villain for a long long time, but if the writers are good enough, they will tease you with hints of him being an anti hero. Unlike a lot of bag guys, bar the big ones, Daken is intelligent, and reasonably good looking, and been around a few years, more than half a century IIRC.   Most evil act I think so far? Getting an innocent girl killed by tricking her to run into traffic. A girl who was having a physical relationship I think too. Can't quite remember the specifics, but it was over something fairly mundane. The reason Daken might get tagged as more grey, is because Daken tends to treat villains and heroes equally. "

i agee with what you say the character of daken is really with over a dout the exact meanning of the word truly neutral.
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By karrob
    @ryderman said:
    " Daken isn't evil in the context of what you'd consider "conventional evil." He's far more of an anti-villain than an anti-hero. He has his own motives, and changes his act depending on who he's interacting with. For example, he's played a humble and regretful act with the Fantastic Four, making himself their friend. He's hit on Bullseye with no other purpose than to infuriate him, acting like he was more important to him than he really was. He's a chameleon, blending in everywhere he goes, and personally that is what I love most about the character. In terms of any good qualities, there doesn't seem to be any at the moment. It would go back to his upbringing. If there was ever a possibility to get through the brain washing he's recieved, then there's a chance for redemption. As I've said, I wouldn't consider him a conventional villain, but an anti-villain as Marjorie Liu has pointed out in the past. I much prefer him as the devious snake he is, but I do love a good redemption story. I do believe there is potential for just that, depending on where his writers choose to take him. "
    True
    Dakens son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By Dakens son

Actually he is neutral,he is a total outcast he does things when he want and if he wants,
    thus far he is the only character that doesnt belong to a group nor fight for a special purpose.
    he's concerned only for his personal matters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.