Daken's sexuality

  • 77 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for coolmotif30
#1 Posted by coolmotif30 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

so yeah... What are Daken's interests?
 
it honestly doesn't matter to me (except that it would be great from some Daken on another man action!) but i think it would be awesome if he was bi or gay.  I know he had some sort of encounter with a guy and then him and Miss Sinister had a thing too.  In some recent comics that he appears in its like they are always joking that he is bi or gay or something. 

Avatar image for pixelized
#2 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

when did he have an "encounter" with a guy?

Avatar image for th3_flash_123
#3 Posted by Th3 FlAsH 123 (620 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure he's bi, he really doesn't care what the gender is. lol
Avatar image for coolmotif30
#4 Posted by coolmotif30 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought he used some guy to get what he wanted at some point in time? it didn't show them doing anything i don't believe.  I just read it somewhere, i could be wrong

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
#5 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio

ive seen him with women.

Avatar image for pixelized
#6 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

slept with one too

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
#7 Posted by BuckshotWasHere (19381 posts) - - Show Bio

He definitely implies that he's sexually omnivorous, but I don't know if that's just talk (to get people to react) or if it's true.

Moderator
Avatar image for raptorfratboy
#8 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been said by his creators and current writers that Daken has no sexuality. He uses sex as a weapon or tool to get what he needs, and nothing more. Daken can also control emotions by emitting pheromones, one of his mutant powers. 
 
So yeah...I don't really think he can be classified for any sexual preference. Daken is himself a weapon, more or less...

Avatar image for coolmotif30
#9 Posted by coolmotif30 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah i agree with raptorfratboy
Avatar image for pixelized
#10 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" It's been said by his creators and current writers that Daken has no sexuality. He uses sex as a weapon or tool to get what he needs, and nothing more. Daken can also control emotions by emitting pheromones, one of his mutant powers.   So yeah...I don't really think he can be classified for any sexual preference. Daken is himself a weapon, more or less... "
how can he not be classified?
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
#11 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" @RaptorFratBoy said:
" It's been said by his creators and current writers that Daken has no sexuality. He uses sex as a weapon or tool to get what he needs, and nothing more. Daken can also control emotions by emitting pheromones, one of his mutant powers.   So yeah...I don't really think he can be classified for any sexual preference. Daken is himself a weapon, more or less... "
how can he not be classified? "
agreed, that doesnt make sense at all.
in the first issue of Dark Wolverine he had sex because he wanted to.
it had nothing to do with something else he would gain.
every person has a sexuality by nature, regardless of how connected
to it they are or how else they use it. thats like saying a prostitute 
has no sexuality.
Avatar image for raptorfratboy
#12 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @pixelized said:
" @RaptorFratBoy said:
" It's been said by his creators and current writers that Daken has no sexuality. He uses sex as a weapon or tool to get what he needs, and nothing more. Daken can also control emotions by emitting pheromones, one of his mutant powers.   So yeah...I don't really think he can be classified for any sexual preference. Daken is himself a weapon, more or less... "
how can he not be classified? "
agreed, that doesnt make sense at all. in the first issue of Dark Wolverine he had sex because he wanted to. it had nothing to do with something else he would gain. every person has a sexuality by nature, regardless of how connected to it they are or how else they use it. thats like saying a prostitute  has no sexuality. "
I'm just going by what the creators have said, which is EXACTLY how I put it; Daken is a weapon, with other weapons at his disposal. Sex is one of them. That doesn't mean he can't ENJOY it from time-to-time, but in the instances where he was sleeping with both men and women during his first storyline, that was pure, emotionless manipulation. It's not like saying a prostitute has no sexuality, either. It's totally different. Daken uses these things for his own personal gain, where a hooker is usually forced into the lifestyle because they feel they have nowhere else to go for money. Also, I'm willing to bet most of the hookers outside of The Bunny Ranch wouldn't classify what they do as a personal sexual experience, more like punching a timecard. Daken's situation is about power and having control over someone, the hooker's is the exact opposite. Power versus powerless.
Avatar image for nerx
#13 Posted by Nerx (15351 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting so we have an Uber Gigolo of sorts?

Avatar image for pixelized
#14 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" @CATMANEXE said:
" @pixelized said:
" @RaptorFratBoy said:
" It's been said by his creators and current writers that Daken has no sexuality. He uses sex as a weapon or tool to get what he needs, and nothing more. Daken can also control emotions by emitting pheromones, one of his mutant powers.   So yeah...I don't really think he can be classified for any sexual preference. Daken is himself a weapon, more or less... "
how can he not be classified? "
agreed, that doesnt make sense at all. in the first issue of Dark Wolverine he had sex because he wanted to. it had nothing to do with something else he would gain. every person has a sexuality by nature, regardless of how connected to it they are or how else they use it. thats like saying a prostitute  has no sexuality. "
I'm just going by what the creators have said, which is EXACTLY how I put it; Daken is a weapon, with other weapons at his disposal. Sex is one of them. That doesn't mean he can't ENJOY it from time-to-time, but in the instances where he was sleeping with both men and women during his first storyline, that was pure, emotionless manipulation. It's not like saying a prostitute has no sexuality, either. It's totally different. Daken uses these things for his own personal gain, where a hooker is usually forced into the lifestyle because they feel they have nowhere else to go for money. Also, I'm willing to bet most of the hookers outside of The Bunny Ranch wouldn't classify what they do as a personal sexual experience, more like punching a timecard. Daken's situation is about power and having control over someone, the hooker's is the exact opposite. Power versus powerless. "
Ohhh, so he's a whore. got it.
Avatar image for nahero
#15 Posted by Nahero (9350 posts) - - Show Bio

i doubt that hes gay

Avatar image for john_valentine
#16 Posted by John Valentine (16467 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said: 

 Daken has no sexuality. He uses sex as a weapon or tool to get what he needs, and nothing more. 
 


Correct.
Avatar image for morpheus_
#17 Posted by Morpheus_ (30444 posts) - - Show Bio
It was implied that he slept with a security guard, in order to access some files he was interested in. I think it was Dark Wolverine # 75, his premiere issue. He does use sex as a weapon (as it was already stated) in order to achieve his goals, but he does not do it strictly for that.
Avatar image for pixelized
#18 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

If he has no sexuality, what was the point of him sleeping with the random girl in that same issue?

Avatar image for raptorfratboy
#19 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" If he has no sexuality, what was the point of him sleeping with the random girl in that same issue? "
Like I said, just because he uses it as a weapon, doesn't mean he can't enjoy it. That's the whole difference between having a sexual preference, and having none at all: Daken sees an opportunity to either exploit physical intimacy, or to get his own rocks off if he feels the need. Weapon or otherwise, Wolvie Jr. still has primal urges to satisfy, and he's supposed to be seen as extremely handsome to pretty much everyone, male or female. 
 
So yeah, he's a whore...but a smart one.
Avatar image for pixelized
#20 Edited by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if he enjoys it, how does he not have a preference?

Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
#21 Edited by Omega-level Supreme (1168 posts) - - Show Bio

Super sadist?
Avatar image for camodude
#22 Posted by camodude (211 posts) - - Show Bio

hes a master manipulater lets just put it that way. he uses what people want from him as a way to get in. in other words hes a man of many colors.
Avatar image for raptorfratboy
#23 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@pixelized said:
" Well if he enjoys it, how does he not have a preference? "
Would calling him "Bi-Sexual" make it better? Because it's the same thing. No preference, he sleeps with both. But I really don't think it SHOULD be labeled anything since there is zero emotion involved, it's 100% lust and pleasure IF in this case he's just out to get laid.  
 
He's not having sex to procreate, express feelings of any kind, and he absolutely doesn't care about the other person; either they're part of a mission and sex is a tool to accomplish it, or he just wants an orgasm. Simple as that. I just think that labeling someone with a sexual preference means they take part in the whole sexual experience, not just "the business". But that could totally be my perspective, you could feel differently about it, which of course would change where you'd see Daken fitting-in.
Avatar image for coolmotif30
#24 Posted by coolmotif30 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

wow glad i stirred up such debate!
 
Really though there are so many jokes with him being bi in the most recent comics right? maybe i just have a dirty mind but a lot of the jokes made at him or that Daken makes have so many innuendos in them

Avatar image for pixelized
#25 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" @pixelized said:
" Well if he enjoys it, how does he not have a preference? "
Would calling him "Bi-Sexual" make it better? Because it's the same thing. No preference, he sleeps with both. But I really don't think it SHOULD be labeled anything since there is zero emotion involved, it's 100% lust and pleasure IF in this case he's just out to get laid.    He's not having sex to procreate, express feelings of any kind, and he absolutely doesn't care about the other person; either they're part of a mission and sex is a tool to accomplish it, or he just wants an orgasm. Simple as that. I just think that labeling someone with a sexual preference means they take part in the whole sexual experience, not just "the business". But that could totally be my perspective, you could feel differently about it, which of course would change where you'd see Daken fitting-in. "
Yes.
Avatar image for xtina
#26 Posted by xtina (18 posts) - - Show Bio

in the issue #75 daken reject the girl from the party in red ress because that girl has nothing to offer to daken only just sex

Avatar image for coolmotif30
#27 Posted by coolmotif30 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

did he ever sleep with Miss Sinister? 
 
i don't know if they ever went into details about that but what was he gaining by being with her?

Avatar image for xtina
#28 Posted by xtina (18 posts) - - Show Bio

with miss sinister was just a kiss and he stayed there because miss sinister told him that she will give him back his memories and since that time from x-men legacy to dark wolverine,the character has developed a lot,and it doesn't count only the character but also the writers who portrayed                                                                

Avatar image for nightfang3
#29 Posted by NightFang3 (12106 posts) - - Show Bio
@Th3 FlAsH 123 said:
"I'm pretty sure he's bi, he really doesn't care what the gender is. lol "
Avatar image for nightfang3
#30 Posted by NightFang3 (12106 posts) - - Show Bio
@Th3 FlAsH 123 said:
"I'm pretty sure he's bi, he really doesn't care what the gender is. lol "
Avatar image for breaker_envoy_of_setron
#31 Posted by Breaker envoy of Setron (1275 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" It's been said by his creators and current writers that Daken has no sexuality. He uses sex as a weapon or tool to get what he needs, and nothing more. Daken can also control emotions by emitting pheromones, one of his mutant powers.   So yeah...I don't really think he can be classified for any sexual preference. Daken is himself a weapon, more or less... "
I agree with this dude
Avatar image for dragonzeye
#32 Posted by dragonzeye (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@xtina said: 
"in the issue #75 daken reject the girl from the party in the red dress because that girl has nothing to offer to daken only just sex"
 
Daken is also an attention whore. And he was lapping it up in the party scene so he didn't need/want someone to do at that moment-or maybe he's choosy about his women. . . The reader has never seen Daken go all the way with a male character, but has with a female character. . . it's just mentioned or, in the case of the German that Daken killed to obtain a passport, he went part of the way (actually got th guy in the room with his top off) but we the reader have never seen Daken wake up next to a guy clearly nude and in bed with him, yet.   

  Nahero said:
"i doubt that hes gay" 
 
That would be the irony, but then again, considering Daken's "charming" persona: coming out to everyone that he's straight would be like giving the readership the birdie, which he has essentually done to practically every character he's met. I'd rather hold off on guessing Daken's sexuality (if he has one) since Way has mentioned that it will be made clear as day sometime, hopefully soon, in a later issue.  
Avatar image for lifeguard85
#33 Posted by Lifeguard85 (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do we have to label him, we know that he will have sex with anyone (for whatever reason) and he probably gets some satisfaction out of it if he is continuing to do it, so what does it matter what his official "sexuality" is.

Avatar image for onigamegeek
#34 Edited by onigamegeek (17 posts) - - Show Bio

He hung with Lady Sinister for a while and there were a couple of kiss scenes, yep.... he's straight.
 
Plus I think he likes to dominate guys in  fights to show how tough he is, not in the bed. And if he's anything like his dad, he's probably gonna be a womanizer. Take it as he goes.

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
#35 Posted by dementedtheclown (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Ewwww I No longer Like Him

Avatar image for spanklove
#36 Posted by spanklove (1 posts) - - Show Bio

yay hes bi

Avatar image for radicalcannibal
#37 Posted by RaDicalCannibal (985 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" It's been said by his creators and current writers that Daken has no sexuality. He uses sex as a weapon or tool to get what he needs, and nothing more. Daken can also control emotions by emitting pheromones, one of his mutant powers.   So yeah...I don't really think he can be classified for any sexual preference. Daken is himself a weapon, more or less... "
OMG are you saying daken is........gasp TRANSEXUAL 
 
 
jk
Avatar image for king_quisling
#38 Posted by King Quisling (2073 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he prefers either men or women. He seems so inhuman that sex doesn't even interest him. 

Avatar image for raptorfratboy
#39 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaDicalCannibal said:
" @RaptorFratBoy said:
" It's been said by his creators and current writers that Daken has no sexuality. He uses sex as a weapon or tool to get what he needs, and nothing more. Daken can also control emotions by emitting pheromones, one of his mutant powers.   So yeah...I don't really think he can be classified for any sexual preference. Daken is himself a weapon, more or less... "
OMG are you saying daken is........gasp TRANSEXUAL    jk "
No, I'm saying he's...gasp NOT.
 
A transexual is someone who is one gender, and then becomes another, usually because they believe they're SUPPOSED to be the opposite of what they were born as. Daken, obviously, doesn't fall into this category.
Avatar image for radicalcannibal
#40 Posted by RaDicalCannibal (985 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" @RaDicalCannibal said:
" @RaptorFratBoy said:
" It's been said by his creators and current writers that Daken has no sexuality. He uses sex as a weapon or tool to get what he needs, and nothing more. Daken can also control emotions by emitting pheromones, one of his mutant powers.   So yeah...I don't really think he can be classified for any sexual preference. Daken is himself a weapon, more or less... "
OMG are you saying daken is........gasp TRANSEXUAL    jk "
No, I'm saying he's...gasp NOT.  A transexual is someone who is one gender, and then becomes another, usually because they believe they're SUPPOSED to be the opposite of what they were born as. Daken, obviously, doesn't fall into this category. "
Oh wow.......you didn't get the joke...........bummer.
Avatar image for kneel_before_doom
#41 Posted by kneel before doom (319 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" It's been said by his creators and current writers that Daken has no sexuality. He uses sex as a weapon or tool to get what he needs, and nothing more. Daken can also control emotions by emitting pheromones, one of his mutant powers.   So yeah...I don't really think he can be classified for any sexual preference. Daken is himself a weapon, more or less... "

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for raptorfratboy
#42 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaDicalCannibal: Oh, I saw that you said "jk", but no...what exactly was the joke? That you made an incorrect statement?
 
@kneel before doom: So...what's that supposed to prove, again?
Avatar image for kneel_before_doom
#43 Posted by kneel before doom (319 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" @RaDicalCannibal: Oh, I saw that you said "jk", but no...what exactly was the joke? That you made an incorrect statement?
 
@kneel before doom: So...what's that supposed to prove, again? "
Why does he watch porn if he had no sexuality?
Avatar image for maxcarnage
#44 Posted by maxcarnage (75 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care. He's so badass! Besides, I think he just does that to get a rise outta people. Liek when he alluded that ben grimm had the hots for the human torch. (got his face clobbered for it though)
Avatar image for omega_ray_jay
#45 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

So essentially he is Jack Harkness with claws 

Avatar image for deadpoolfan
#46 Posted by deadpoolfan (53 posts) - - Show Bio

He is bi. Read the comics!!
Avatar image for all4storm
#47 Posted by all4storm (229 posts) - - Show Bio
@deadpoolfan:
Have they proven that he like both or is it always alluded.  It seems that there is no concrete evidence that he is attracted to men.  What i am seeing and hearing is that he will use a situation for personal gain.  He has only been shown physically being with women though.
Avatar image for chaos_burn
#48 Posted by Chaos Burn (1898 posts) - - Show Bio

So he is the Todd of Marvel
 

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fbdarkangel
#49 Posted by fbdarkangel (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
 nuff said!
 nuff said!
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
#50 Posted by defaultdefaultdefault (16426 posts) - - Show Bio
@fbdarkangel said:
"
 nuff said!
 nuff said!
"
this happened in an illusion. same as him killing Norman Osborn. 
also he did not kiss the illusion of Bullseye for sexual gratification.
he kissed him to transfer his pheremones to him and control him.
he so much as said that in that issue, remember?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.