Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

What other mutation would you like for cyclops to have?

• 65 results
    Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By buttersdaman000

A degree of control over his ability. He can still wear the glasses for show and the visor for battle sometimes but I want him to not have to wear them. His eye should pupils should be red though, kinda like he's barely holding back the power. Amp up his destructive capabilities too.
    Something vision related would be cool. Probably the ability to see in all different forms like x-ray, night vision, enhanced vision, infrared, and so on.
    A little healing factor never hurt no one.
    And maybe a powerful immunity to telepathy. I dont think he should have it. He should be able to easily keep people out his head when he wants too.

Last but not least, I want writers to give him more feats in h2h. He's a great martial artist but its hardly ever shown. Give him some adamantium or vibranium gauntlets and let him duke it out with some people instead of blasting them.

dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By dorsk188

I think Cyclops should be able to break the fourth wall like Deadpool and also eat lightning.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By Kairan1979

I don't think Cyclops needs new mutation.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Caligula

the ability to erase Matt Fractions writing.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Aero_gt

The ability to control his powers and maybe  some more hand to hand combat skills or at least have a weapon like a bitchen modified gun. Anything else would make him a Marverl version of a Dc/Darkhorse/Vertigo  blah blah hero or villian counterpart.  

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By BatteredArmor

Transfering his optic blast into his body so he can have super strength enhanced speed limited invulnribility and  let him use more of his optic blast power in each blast in cival war when he let loose iron man said in a complicated way that he outdoes nukes by a lot

this would allow more hand to hand plus let him duke it out solo with the best of them

@brantumbo said:

"his next mutation should be to actually grow a pair of testacles and pimp slap beast and all the other people who disrespect him in the comics and demand respect from namor and everyone else "

LOL he already has testicles but your right he needs the power of respect he can gain this power by finally taking the 2 second it would take for him to kill wolverine
    Elo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Elo

Some type of durability.   The man is a glass cannon, how he lives through any battle at all is beyond me, you could kill him with a sling shot.

The ability to channel his power to form force fields or an aura around his body to deflect incoming damage.    

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheThe

Hum...let me think...i want Cyclops to have the "death mutation".You know,the one where if he ever happen to open his mouth,his head explodes.

That would be brilliant!
    icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By icec0ld

It would be cool if he could Project different types of beams like pure light and heat beams as well and dictate the direction of his beams.
    icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By icec0ld
    @brantumbo

That comment took me by surprise and was by far the funniest on this thread.
    Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

A force field around him made of punch dimension energy.Ability to power up his strength.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all facts

@mrnihal said:

A force field around him made of punch dimension energy.Ability to power up his strength.

@dh69 said:
    • just give him the ability to control it and i'd be happy.

Yeah, I think he should be able to take off the visor. I mean, if Rogue can be fixed I think Cyclops should be relatively easier to fix.

When he took the guise of Erik the Red, something in the suit redirected his optic beams down his arms to project from his hands, protecting his true identity. I think, strategically, he should utilize the same tech in his current costume as a surprise element when enemies think they have him pinned by covering his eyes.

The ability to leap out of the comic to blast all his haters away.

@valtot said:
    he should be able to control his powers perfectly instead of it being constantly on, be able to shoot the blasts from his hands which would makes his blasts at full power 3 times more powerful, and enhanced physioligy similiar to ultimate captain america
    @elo said:

Some type of durability. The man is a glass cannon, how he lives through any battle at all is beyond me, you could kill him with a sling shot.

The ability to channel his power to form force fields or an aura around his body to deflect incoming damage.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#63  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

He’s fine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all facts

@mrnihal said:

@dh69 said:
    • just give him the ability to control it and i'd be happy.
    @gambit1024 said:

Yeah, I think he should be able to take off the visor. I mean, if Rogue can be fixed I think Cyclops should be relatively easier to fix.

@ssejllenrad said:

The ability to leap out of the comic to blast all his haters away.

@valtot said:
    he should be able to control his powers perfectly instead of it being constantly on, be able to shoot the blasts from his hands which would makes his blasts at full power 3 times more powerful, and enhanced physioligy similiar to ultimate captain america
    @elo said:

Some type of durability. The man is a glass cannon, how he lives through any battle at all is beyond me, you could kill him with a sling shot.

This.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

With all these suggestions, you might as well just make him Vulcan.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is vulcan now anyway?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 god_spawn  Moderator

Dead. Supposedly dead in the fault.

Symlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give him the abilities of Legend from the Worm novels. He is a character with similarities to Darkseid; as he could twist and bend and change the nature of his eye beams at will.
    I.e. Scott could cause his beam discharges to bend around corners, fork into multiple lasers, pass through solid objects, freeze, ignite or electrocute his targets. Even use different effects like emitting cutting, disintegration, impact, heat, focused, staccato bursts, fat and/or invisible laser projections.
    Essentially cyke's beams have added versatility; from making them do hard turns to splitting into multiple smaller blasts. Radiating an unheard of number of ray/beams for multiple targets when needed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.