Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11215 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

What Happened to Cyclops?

• 113 results
    Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@avenger85: unfortunately for your incorrect theory. Marvel and Disney are run by these straight white males.

Nite_Nite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xaviermarz: That's actually what it is, Xmen still sale decently on markets outside of comics. Marvel is trying to build up a market a whole nother group of characters now, and that's where inhumans come in. It's just that the average person who doesn't read comics will not know the difference between the Xmen and Inhumans. So with no need to confuse everyone and the Xmen/mutants being well known by now- they decided to pull them to the side a little and push the inhumans more into their space. After all I was barely an average comic reader when Marvel announced all those movies, I didn't know wtf the inhumans were. Only thing I did remember was bits of the old FF or Spidey show where Johnny was dating a girl named crystal because she kept saying inhuman. Then trying to catch up it was hard to really tell the difference. Both are humans. Genetically modified. One can use powers naturally after birth. One needs chemically created gas to use them.

Marvels idea is "let's explain a little more about them"

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By LaryKing

@chapmar: You can like,read minds or smth?

@god_spawn:Yeah about that,i have lost my faith in current Marvel writters.As much as i'd hate to admit,i think they'll make him die like some sort of terrorist...It's really funny how other characters need to get the hate and don't...

@chapmar:Yeah,it is their most hated character...not even villains get so much hate.

WHY THE WOULD U KILL CYCLOPS?!(AGAIN)?i mean,he is like ,such an iconic figure in the Marvel Universe,and ,considering what he's been through the last years,he deserved much better.Even though i hated Bendis in AvX and in his run Uncanny Xmen,he did leave things at a good point for Scott(UncXmen600)finally getting redeemed for Xaviers (not deliberate)murder.I don't get why comic writters hate him so much.All they do is making him a villain and taking away everything from him.Everything he has ever done was to help mutantkind.I really hate the fact that they kill him like 10+ times...aint fair.I mean,he really deserves better

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#104 god_spawn  Moderator

@laryking: watch the language next time, dude.

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Yeah,sorry bro,im just kinda irritated by the way Cyclops been treated in the current Marvel Universe,ok?

wIDt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chapmar said:

"but Cyclops didn't always think things all the way through" - are you kidding me with this? Cyclops? The tactician supreme of the X-men?

I don't understand how people can see anything he is doing as wrong or evil. The way Bendis wrote him was a man at his wits end, but not a man who would kill or destroy, or, in many cases, even attack first. Bendis' whole run was about cyclops learning that he was veering into dark territory, even though he was doing it for the right reasons. This is why so many joined him, because his cause had at it's core, the truth of the matter.

I remmebr the joy I ffelt reading Uncanny X-men 600. That scene where Scott simply says "I didn't want to do this without you Eric", and the two smile together at the end. In my mind, the entire X-men saga ends there. There is no other perfect conclusion.

There is NO WAY Cyclops would go from that guy, gathering all the mutants together in solidarity and peace, to attacking inhumans and becoming the most hated mutant ever. Lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy. It's almost as if the current X writers didn't understand the events during, or since, AvX.

^ This

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By anjuwayo

Cyke can stay dead... ido t really care...just wanna know what happened... like the new inhuman scaley cyclops clone... want to read more about his children and their clones... Cyke might just be of with havok who we do t hear about eather since becoming evil... or with some family onthe DL like steyfe or nate or his father or adam or even vulcan... lolz! maybe deathbird wants him to babysit his nephew... lolz!

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyke can stay dead... i dont really care... ijust wanna know what happened... i like the new inhuman scaley cyclops clone... want to read more about his children and their clones... Cyke might just be of with havok who we dont hear about either since becoming evil... or with some family on the DL like stryfe or nate or his father or adam or even vulcan... lolz! maybe deathbird wants him to babysit his nephew... lolz!

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly they could have kept him dead if they was gonna have the man die by disease in such an anti climatic way

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel are jack asses for ending Cyclops life the way they did. He was an Maytr that no one but basically villains or nigh existent mutant/human population sympathized for; With little to no repercussion or revelation to the brand of Xmen itself....I watched the way his character was handled & sadly Everything from AVX foward completely destroyed him as a character....AVX was bad but there was material left in the ashes that stupidly left to rot as things moved foward in the marvel universe.

These are the darkest days for the Xmen their LEGACY as we know it is being dismantled & twisted. They were Decimated by House of M; Fighting Extinction & Gained Hope; X-Gene reawakens but Xmen are broken apart. From here forward they Break even more until nothing really makes sense anymore with them as a Team or franchise in the marvel universe. It's ridiculous, Sad , disgusting, forces you to only acknowledge material up to a certain date because everything else forward is an hollow echo of former glory.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#111 god_spawn  Moderator

The fact Bendis had his best characterization and treatment in a run that ended kinda cool but ultimately did nothing over the last 5 years is the sad thing.

FantomexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who knows.. maybe Mr. Sinister will somehow bring him back? All I know is that keeping this time displaced younger Cyclops in the present along with the oldies, is just plain stupid..

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FantomexX: Your username makes all points you make in the future invalid.

FantomexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: For what its worth.. Fantomex is no longer a favorite character of mine.. I wish I could change my username, but whatever. Why should all my future points be invalid? Just based off of a login ID to comicvine.. *shrug*

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Marvel finally assassinated him.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Marvel are jack asses for ending Cyclops life the way they did. He was an Maytr that no one but basically villains or nigh existent mutant/human population sympathized for; With little to no repercussion or revelation to the brand of Xmen itself....I watched the way his character was handled & sadly Everything from AVX foward completely destroyed him as a character....AVX was bad but there was material left in the ashes that stupidly left to rot as things moved foward in the marvel universe.

These are the darkest days for the Xmen their LEGACY as we know it is being dismantled & twisted. They were Decimated by House of M; Fighting Extinction & Gained Hope; X-Gene reawakens but Xmen are broken apart. From here forward they Break even more until nothing really makes sense anymore with them as a Team or franchise in the marvel universe. It's ridiculous, Sad , disgusting, forces you to only acknowledge material up to a certain date because everything else forward is an hollow echo of former glory.

Nice analogy.X-men are destroyed when they destroyed Cyke.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.