Uncanny X-men spoiler theory

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#1 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops finally gets telepathy is my theory.

Avatar image for backflip
#2 Posted by Backflip (2287 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

Cyclops finally gets telepathy is my theory.

Why do you think that?

Avatar image for x_29
#3 Posted by x_29 (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops gets to control his optic blasts

Avatar image for god_spawn
#4 Edited by God_Spawn (40381 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he will control his blasts.

A better question would be, what purpose does an X shaped visor even serve?

Moderator
Avatar image for chocobojam
#5 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

His X shaped visor should probably just give him an X shaped optic blast.

Avatar image for god_spawn
#7 Posted by God_Spawn (40381 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: Most likely on the ruby quartz thing. But I'm curious as how this X visor works when his old one fit directly over his eyes with the need of a space in between them. With this X, unless ruby quartz lines the costume or the visor isn't fitted directly over his eyes, then it would just rip the mask. And even then he doesn't seem to have a wide option to his blasts then and if he does, it leaves a huge split in the middle.

Moderator
Avatar image for god_spawn
#9 Posted by God_Spawn (40381 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: They should spoil it now. Unless Cyclops is really getting 1 eye and it is on the bridge of his nose. The X's fit over his eyes though. This could either end up as something kind of cool or a total sh*tfest.

Moderator
Avatar image for blood1991
#10 Edited by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

I see him being able to bend or direct his beams.

Avatar image for god_spawn
#12 Posted by God_Spawn (40381 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: Touche.

Moderator
Avatar image for god_spawn
#13 Posted by God_Spawn (40381 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: Nother question. What if he is attacked outside of battle? Like how he could just switch his glasses for visor. Now he has to strap on some weird X thing? Or have 2 visors?

Moderator
Avatar image for god_spawn
#15 Posted by God_Spawn (40381 posts) - - Show Bio

@ApatheticAvenger: Marvel NOW: Practicality out the window.

Moderator
Avatar image for matchstick
#16 Posted by Matchstick (568 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm betting he just gets to control his blasts. Telepathy for him just wouldn't make any sense.

Avatar image for mercy_
#17 Posted by Mercy_ (94460 posts) - - Show Bio

New costume is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

@Matchstick said:

I'm betting he just gets to control his blasts. Telepathy for him just wouldn't make any sense.

Agreed.

Moderator
Avatar image for matchstick
#18 Posted by Matchstick (568 posts) - - Show Bio

Another idea, maybe it has to do with the type of energy he emits.

Avatar image for x_29
#19 Posted by x_29 (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

I think he will control his blasts.

A better question would be, what purpose does an X shaped visor even serve?

It confirms that he is the new malcom x

Avatar image for batteredarmor
#20 Posted by BatteredArmor (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

His new suit looks kind of like a containment suit with all the unexplained glowing and all. I'm think he's radiating optic energy now

Avatar image for john_valentine
#21 Edited by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's control of his optic blasts, say, their trajectory, and maybe an increased level of optic radiation he's emitting. That, or TP. I don't know why, but I'm more inclined to lean on the latter being the case.

Maybe both?!?!

Avatar image for mcklayn
#22 Posted by McKlayn (1870 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

His new suit looks kind of like a containment suit with all the unexplained glowing and all. I'm think he's radiating optic energy now

I don't think he's glowing, i think it's just the lighting in the picture, everyone forever said his new outfit had a Helmet and not his normal hood thingy but i never thought that, just the way it's drawn i think. I think it's the same thing just the way it's draw in that particular picture

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#23 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matchstick said:

I'm betting he just gets to control his blasts. Telepathy for him just wouldn't make any sense.

All prior hosts of the Phoenix Force were telepaths. There's no other non-telepath more associated with telepaths than Cyclops. If the Phoenix left him a little gift, it makes sense to me that it'd be that.

Avatar image for god_spawn
#24 Posted by God_Spawn (40381 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

@god_spawn said:

I think he will control his blasts.

A better question would be, what purpose does an X shaped visor even serve?

It confirms that he is the new malcom x

Think he will change his name to Black Panther then? To really screw with Storm?

Moderator
Avatar image for thecrowbar
#25 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@x_29 said:

@god_spawn said:

I think he will control his blasts.

A better question would be, what purpose does an X shaped visor even serve?

It confirms that he is the new malcom x

Think he will change his name to Black Panther then? To really screw with Storm?

hahaha

Avatar image for x_29
#26 Posted by x_29 (2375 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@x_29 said:

@god_spawn said:

I think he will control his blasts.

A better question would be, what purpose does an X shaped visor even serve?

It confirms that he is the new malcom x

Think he will change his name to Black Panther then? To really screw with Storm?

That would be the ultimate f-you to black panther more than storm. First, his ex-wife is seemingly going to be hooking up with a caucasian canadian ( Wolverine) and now a white male ( Cyke) is about to change his name after a group of revolutionary African Americans, trust me when i say that he will not be a happy camper :P

Avatar image for matchstick
#27 Posted by Matchstick (568 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@Matchstick said:

I'm betting he just gets to control his blasts. Telepathy for him just wouldn't make any sense.

All prior hosts of the Phoenix Force were telepaths. There's no other non-telepath more associated with telepaths than Cyclops. If the Phoenix left him a little gift, it makes sense to me that it'd be that.

Alls prior were telepaths true, but the Phoenix five were an exception since they were not weilding the full power. Cyclops was a bad host, thats why the more power he gained the more unstable he got. It makes a certain amount of sense, but it'd still be very unusual.

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#28 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matchstick said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@Matchstick said:

I'm betting he just gets to control his blasts. Telepathy for him just wouldn't make any sense.

All prior hosts of the Phoenix Force were telepaths. There's no other non-telepath more associated with telepaths than Cyclops. If the Phoenix left him a little gift, it makes sense to me that it'd be that.

Alls prior were telepaths true, but the Phoenix five were an exception since they were not weilding the full power. Cyclops was a bad host, thats why the more power he gained the more unstable he got. It makes a certain amount of sense, but it'd still be very unusual.

Actually until he got Emma's half he was pretty stable. I mean Earth is still here too. Compared to what the Phoenix can and has done, Cyclops was very restrained, even as the Dark Phoenix.

Avatar image for matchstick
#29 Posted by Matchstick (568 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@Matchstick said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@Matchstick said:

I'm betting he just gets to control his blasts. Telepathy for him just wouldn't make any sense.

All prior hosts of the Phoenix Force were telepaths. There's no other non-telepath more associated with telepaths than Cyclops. If the Phoenix left him a little gift, it makes sense to me that it'd be that.

Alls prior were telepaths true, but the Phoenix five were an exception since they were not weilding the full power. Cyclops was a bad host, thats why the more power he gained the more unstable he got. It makes a certain amount of sense, but it'd still be very unusual.

Actually until he got Emma's half he was pretty stable. I mean Earth is still here too. Compared to what the Phoenix can and has done, Cyclops was very restrained, even as the Dark Phoenix.

I don't know about that, he didn't like go beserk or anything, but with every piece he got he went further and further towards becoming the Dark Phoenix. You know the more I think about your theory, the more it makes sense. He did have that psychic link with Jean and he has had telepaths poking around his head quite intimately for most of his life. I suppose if anyone would get telepathy, it would have to be him.

Avatar image for rickbarry
#30 Posted by Rickbarry (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops with telepathy would be awful. I'd prefer the ability to control his optic blasts, but I have to say the idea that all the P5 are getting some type of power augmentation is fascinating. All my fave characters were members of the P5.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
#31 Posted by deactivated-5791595859013 (1157 posts) - - Show Bio

He is going to date/sleep with another telepath

Avatar image for one_eye
#32 Posted by One_Eye (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

I think it's control of his optic blasts, say, their trajectory, and maybe an increased level of optic radiation he's emitting. That, or TP. I don't know why, but I'm more inclined to lean on the latter being the case.

Maybe both?!?!

Ah, dude, you beat me to making that cover of Cykes my new pic!:p

Avatar image for john_valentine
#33 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye said:

@John Valentine said:

I think it's control of his optic blasts, say, their trajectory, and maybe an increased level of optic radiation he's emitting. That, or TP. I don't know why, but I'm more inclined to lean on the latter being the case.

Maybe both?!?!

Ah, dude, you beat me to making that cover of Cykes my new pic!:p

I love the costume, despite what others think.

Not sure about Magneto's. Like everything but the revealed arms.

Avatar image for xorion
#34 Posted by Xorion (447 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think cyclops will get tp. Because if he would there would be no need for emma in the team since they are not a couple anymore. I am with the idea of scott controlling his optic blasts

Avatar image for john_valentine
#35 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder what Scott's hand gesture signifies, if anything at all?

Avatar image for xorion
#36 Posted by Xorion (447 posts) - - Show Bio

it could mean that he can't really see because of the X helmet >:P

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#37 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it's either that or his blasts will be fiery in some way.

Avatar image for trutrutru
#38 Posted by trutrutru (51 posts) - - Show Bio

im hoping cyclops gets more control over his optic blasts....increased strength of his beams....whatever it is...i just hope it increases his overall fighting ability

also, i cant tell. But in the new costume...is that a helmet or hood he has on?

Avatar image for sinfulplayerx
#39 Posted by Sinfulplayerx (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Can probably shoot multiple arcing Blasts (like when Captain AMerica throws his shield on an angle) now or a single one with pinpoint accuracy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.