Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

there must be a way for him to control hos optic blast!!!!

the a atar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the a atar

remember when first gambit couldn't control his exploding thing and mr sinister did something like taking some tissues so let sinister do the same to cyclops then he will control it.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By zero edge

I don't think Cyclops would trust Sinister enough to let him play around with cyke...

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By fesak  Moderator

But then they would have to rename him Biclops and that just sounds stupid.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

zero edge says:

"I don't think Cyclops would trust Sinister enough to let him play around with cyke..."

He doesn't.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

zero edge says:

"fesak says:
    "But then they would have to rename him Biclops and that just sounds stupid."

LOL, Biclops.

"

LMFAO!

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#6  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I remember there was a Simpsons one, but that was the best I could do.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zero edge

fesak says:

"But then they would have to rename him Biclops and that just sounds stupid."

LOL, Biclops.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#8  Edited By gmanfromheck

Buckshot says:

"http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/ZZoMBiEXIII/X-Mods/XmodsByclops.jpgI remember there was a Simpsons one, but that was the best I could do."

Milhouse thought it was the best comic. But isn't the problem that Cyclops has brain damage from jumping out of the plane with Alex and sharing a parachute. He cracked his head or something. He may have just broken the ability to control it. Could he ever re-learn it? Maybe.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

zero edge says:

"I thought Emma "fixed" it."

If she didn't,I believe she could.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zero edge

G-Man says:

"Buckshot says:
    "http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k258/ZZoMBiEXIII/X-Mods/XmodsByclops.jpgI remember there was a Simpsons one, but that was the best I could do."

Milhouse thought it was the best comic. But isn't the problem that Cyclops has brain damage from jumping out of the plane with Alex and sharing a parachute. He cracked his head or something. He may have just broken the ability to control it. Could he ever re-learn it? Maybe."

In Astonishing he was able to gain the ability to control his optic blast so yeah he probably can fix it.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

zero edge says:

"G-Man says:
    "Buckshot says:

Milhouse thought it was the best comic. But isn't the problem that Cyclops has brain damage from jumping out of the plane with Alex and sharing a parachute. He cracked his head or something. He may have just broken the ability to control it. Could he ever re-learn it? Maybe."

In Astonishing he was able to gain the ability to control his optic blast so yeah he probably can fix it."

Was he controlling it or was it all Emma? I guess I kinda missed how he was able to control it. I suppose we can assume he loses that ability before returning to Earth.

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zero edge

I thought Emma "fixed" it.

Ninjasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Ninjasnake

Eventually.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Yeah, Emma fixed it. Pretty sure Scott said something to the affect of her either not doing on purpose or not expecting it to happen. She also seemed pretty surprised (maybe that's just my interpretation) when he first blasted under his own power. He's also said that we shouldn't get used to it. That and the fact that he had his visor on for MC should tell you that it's not permanent.

DFChewie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By DFChewie

it wasn't permanent. Emma just went in and turned them off, like he should have been able to, except for the brain damage. he said in Astonishing #18 that his choices now were don't use them anymore or have no control again, and when he turned them back on in Astonishing #23, they began sliding back to him not being able to control them again, and in Giant Sized Astonishing he was losing control and put the visor back on.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.