Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11209 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

So I don't know about you guys, BUUUUUUUT.....

KWHere2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm gonna miss Utopia.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me too.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Not me.

KWHere2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenger85: Not so much the actual location, just the Utopian era of the X-Men comics. The mutant nation was hardly a new concept, but it had never really been explored before in as much depth as Utopia. It also, to me, seemed to cut down on some of the "hated and feared" bs that I personally stopped caring about a long time ago. I mean yeah it was there, it always will be, but the X-Men were no longer a part of the general population, so racism against them only really mattered when it was some lunatic with some sentinels or something. It wasn't really as big a problem as it was Pre-Utopia and by separating the X-Men from the rest of the Marvel U it felt like they were focusing more on building on and playing with the HUGE X-Men mythos. It really gave them a lot of stretching room without bumping into any of the other franchises unless they really WANTED to cross over into another franchise. I also really liked the character growth Utopia ushered in for Cyclops. The Utopian era is really when we saw Cyclops turn into a harsher, more cynical leader. Finally, it just made sense. In what universe besides Marvel would it be a good idea for mutants to stay with the general population? I'm kind of bummed that everything went back to the school, New York, bumping into Spider-Man every other issue status quo. I'm actually not a fan of how they're trying to harder to integrate the X-Men into the rest of the Marvel U then they ever have now. I know I said I wasn't really a fan of all the "Hated and feared" stuff, but as a device to keep the X-Men as their own separate thing I'm all for it. X-Men is a very homogeneous franchise, and I think that's what makes it kind of unique, because even though it is in a shared world it isn't overly concerned with what everyone else is doing, and I think Utopia represented that best.

DADDY_XERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the 'utopia' era but I also loved utopia as a place and where it was located. and also the alliance with the atlantians/namor.

although I wasn't really a fan of wolverine at the time. I really did start to dislike him during and after schism.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.