Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Off My Mind: Could the Red Skull be Controlling Cyclops?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

Ever sense Scott broke out of jail he seems to be making more and more radical choices and doing things that don't seem characteristic even for him. Scott's current actions seem to be leading the world towards a Mutant vs Human war. The Red Skull wants to start a war with Humans and Mutants, so sense he now has the powers of Professor X it wouldn't be very hard to manipulate Scott in order to achieve this. There is also the fact that Magneto is the only person on the team who doesn't believe in what Scott is doing and doesn't want him to continue on the way he is. Magneto is often wearing his helmet that he created with the purpose of blocking Professor X's telepathy, so what if he is the only member of the Uncanny X-Men Red Skull can't influenced, and the rest of them are all being subtlety controls by mental suggestions. Emma Frost has also lost her psychic powers, so she wouldn't be able to tell that this was happening. I feel like there are enough clues that it could be a real possibility.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

No, Cyclops is an evil extremist and he'll die soon, so that another good guy can become evil and take his place.

Having him controlled by Red Skull or Sublime would only reduce culpability, and since Cyclops isn't loved or understood by anyone currently writing an X-Men comic, it means he's Satan.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Teerack

@FadeToBlackBolt: Idk I think the All New X-Men writer has a thing for Cyclops.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@Teerack: Bendis, and he does. He hates Cyclops. Cyclops is a subtle and quiet character, and Bendis loves loud, shallow, stupid characters. It's why Cyclops is evil and Wolverine is Buddha now.

X_Titans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By X_Titans

Are guys reading Uncanny X-Men?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine

@ApatheticAvenger said:

*sigh* No, just no.

CTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By CTG

@ApatheticAvenger said:

*sigh* No, just no.

I concur.

Guardian3712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Could go father back then that. Apocalypse took his body at one point. It was assumed to be gone but Cyke suffered from some deep depression for a while and then cheated (mentally) on his wife. Following this, when he was watching his people die out, he did get pretty intense, then of course a cosmic entity started to corrupt his mind. Could be there's still a splinter of him in there that's been awaked more after god-like power entered into Cyclops . The whole "Mutants are the greatest" mentality of Cyclops is relatively new. Could be Mr. Survival-of-the-Fittess, Apocalypse, still has a tiny splinter inside Cyclops' head.

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt:Yes,bendis hates cyke,only whedon treated him with some respect.It's unfair,if Scott's character were described/controlled by stan lee,he would have a greater place .

@fadetoblackbolt:Cyclops is evil;You kiddin'?You're dumb if you don't understand the sacrificies he made to save his kind,He is a leader and savior not who YOU claim him to be/.

@teerack: Really,cyclops actions;From some pics i've seen,storm has also declared to her fellow mutants that they will have war with humans.Why all go on cyke;All the x-men tried to conquer new york during last issues,not just cyke.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laryking: Probably because the posts you're talking about are from two years before Axis haha.

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: i don't have the comics it's just from what i know from pics and the general stroyline,i don't know 'bout the time

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Probably not. But wierder things already happen on comics.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: @laryking: You are both responding to a theory that was talking about what was going on in the marvel universe two years ago. Look at the date this was post lol.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
    HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. I don't think he's being controled.

And if anything I agree with him. Lets look at the facts. For decades mutants have fought for their place in the world, they even fought against those that would secure that place by other means. And for what?! A pat on the back and punch in the gut. NO THANK YOU!

Everybody likes to point out that he's gone rogue, insane, or purely evil, but he's neither of those things. At least has I see it.

When we spend half our lives fighting for something that should not have been fought, it changes a person. It was simply that. He had enough! Enough of not having a voice, an opinion in the matters that affected the lives of every mutant on Earth.

When the Scarlet Witch almost single handly extinguished the mutant race, after all was revealed, funny that no one demanded her head on a plate. Not the Avengers, not even the mutants. And now because finally a mutant rised up and said "Enough talking! We'll take what's rightfully ours." Then that person is insane or some extremist that has to be put down like a rabid dog.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#HEWASRIGHT

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.