Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11209 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

O5 Cyclops. The Boy-Scout

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you guys like the O5 version of Cyke ? The original mutant boyscout ? I love the character. Right now my favourite X-man, he's far more interesting to me than the older version. Like a mini Captain America lol

Would you guys like him to remain the way he is, or do you want him to change to the more militant ways of his Older ( Current ) self ?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

Keep how he is. Why would I want two exact same versions of the character, personality wise except one being a teenager, running around? Doesn't help they are the on same team.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uh the whole o5 in the present thing suckss

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like both characters for what they are

O5 scott is young and like you said is basically a mini-captain America. The world hasn't beaten down on the pureness of his ideals yet and the innocent and simple way he sees the world is refreshing. Seeing a character like that involved with the often dark and twisted norm of the current time period is actually a really fun read in my opinion. This is why I haven't hated on All new X-men like some do...even if the book itself can be slow and have limited plot progression, the character moments are there.

Adult Scott however has had to deal with a lot of stuff, he still holds some of his old ideals, but they have been changed by his experiences, the sacrifices made by him and others, the set backs faced, and the changing world. Scott in my mind is one of the best developed characters in marvel. If you start reading him during Morrison, continue through Whedon, and on to the present, you can easily see the slow but real and believable changes in him. The character has evolved so naturally that you can easily see how he became the character he is now, from the person he used to be. This kind of character is also to me a lot of fun to read.

I for one hope they stay somewhat unique. The moment the O5 start becoming to much like their adult selves is the moment they have overstayed their welcome in current stories. Having them around as a group of pretty much innocent kids trying to make sense of the modern world, who they become, and what happens to them is fun...having them just become copies or shades of their adult counter-parts just gives you two of the same character (which they are not as previously described). They can understand and accept each other, but I want O5 scott to stay who he as long as he is in current continuity, likewise for adult Scott

Darksider555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I like both characters for what they are

O5 scott is young and like you said is basically a mini-captain America. The world hasn't beaten down on the pureness of his ideals yet and the innocent and simple way he sees the world is refreshing. Seeing a character like that involved with the often dark and twisted norm of the current time period is actually a really fun read in my opinion. This is why I haven't hated on All new X-men like some do...even if the book itself can be slow and have limited plot progression, the character moments are there.

Adult Scott however has had to deal with a lot of stuff, he still holds some of his old ideals, but they have been changed by his experiences, the sacrifices made by him and others, the set backs faced, and the changing world. Scott in my mind is one of the best developed characters in marvel. If you start reading him during Morrison, continue through Whedon, and on to the present, you can easily see the slow but real and believable changes in him. The character has evolved so naturally that you can easily see how he became the character he is now, from the person he used to be. This kind of character is also to me a lot of fun to read.

I for one hope they stay somewhat unique. The moment the O5 start becoming to much like their adult selves is the moment they have overstayed their welcome in current stories. Having them around as a group of pretty much innocent kids trying to make sense of the modern world, who they become, and what happens to them is fun...having them just become copies or shades of their adult counter-parts just gives you two of the same character (which they are not as previously described). They can understand and accept each other, but I want O5 scott to stay who he as long as he is in current continuity, likewise for adult Scott

yeah this is very true. I mean if Adult Scott told the O5 Scott the crap that he had to handle with everything from M-Day to today I think that it would make him think.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.