Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11209 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

James Marsden Returning as Cyclops?

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It looks like another iconic X-Men character may be making an appearance in Bryan Singer's "X-Men: Days of Future Past". A NewsWeek journalist apparently scored a sighting of Halle Berry on his plane, sitting next to none other than Cyclops himself, James Marsden.

The plane was heading to Montreal, where coincidentally enough, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is shooting. While nothing has been confirmed yet by Singer or the production, all signs point to yes on the inclusion of Cyclops in the film.

Cyclops allegedly died in "X-Men: The Last Stand", but that hardly seems like an issue for a project that deals with time-travel, the past and the future.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I personally believe that Bryan Singer can redeem Cyclops. If he's in, I want Havok to return. IfNightcrawler's in, I want Azazel to return.They can interact with Mystique. Bryan Singer has to realize that if he is using characters from First Class and the trilogy he may as well show characters that it would be interesting to see interact. I want Magneto'sBrotherhood from the end of First Class to return. I hear Warpath, Bishop and Blink will be in it. If Quicksilver is in it, I want him to interact with Magneto (past and present versions). Joss Whedon has plenty more cooler Avengers to choose from for Avengers 2. I would also love Banshee to return. Along with the trilogy cast and the First Class cast, hopefully Singer can treat us to an army of mutants fighting against loads of Sentinels!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

ReplyQuoteFull EditEdit

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.