Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

I'm still siding with Cyke

• 95 results
    fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fullmetalquach

SPOILERS!

Since the beginning of AvX I've sided with the X-Men and Scott Summers, they're on the verge of extinction and the Phoenix Force could've changed that, however having seen him become the Dark Phoenix I have to admit that Hope probably wouldnt have been able to handle it, but as the Phoenix Five things were fine, the Avengers just kept poking them with a stick and when Scott said, "No more Avengers" I was a little upset that Marvel was taking the "The X-Men are now huge bad guys" route but a little excited to see them kick some Avenger ass, I was rooting for them in every battle, even in the AvX 11 battle I wanted Scott and Emma to come out on top, while now its too late to do any good for the world with the PF and its obviously unwise to let Cyclops remain the DP, I just cant help but think that the Avengers brought this on themselves and backed the Phoenix Five into a corner, thats why I still kinda want him to come out on top (obviously not gunna happen) AvX didnt make me hate Cyclops and I just hope that when he is dephoenixed that him and Emma dont regret too much of what they have done, I want them to show their conviction and know that they werent in the wrong and keep some major tension between them and the Avengers, they should have some guilt, but they should put more blame on the Avengers, so does anyone agree with me and what do you think should happen to Scott once thus crossover is done?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

And you have a Captain America AV? Oh the irony.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Blood1991: I have a Cyclops avy and I think he has faults. =O!

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fullmetalquach

@Blood1991: ya i know, i just cant agree with him on this one though, maybe ill change it to cyclops

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Blood1991

@fullmetalquach said:

@Blood1991: ya i know, i just cant agree with him on this one though, maybe ill change it to cyclops

It was a joke lol. I am against Scott in this and have been on many things that have happened, but I don't hold it against his character. Same as I don't hold Civil War on Iron Man.

@god_spawn

@Blood1991: I have a Cyclops avy and I think he has faults. =O!

said: Better change it quick before everyone catches on!

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By lorex

The whole AvX story line really only serves 2 purposes. 1st The ending will be a a point where the Marvel can initiate a beginning for their MarvelNOW! initiative. 2nd from the beginning Marvel has been making it seem that X-Men = bad and Avengers = good. Now in AvX 11 most of the X-Men have their hand out to the Avengers saying they were wrong and the Avengers were right. I am still siding with Cyclops. Yea the Phoenix Force might have impared his judgement but I would be willing to bet he would not have gone with his hand out to the Avengers saying I'm sorry but would have come up with a plan. Frankly the benificary of this is Wolverine who is likely to be the leader of the X-Men with Cyclops out of the way. I am always going to side with Cyclops.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By soduh2

I support Cyclops, though I'm pretty sure the writers don't want us to.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @soduh2

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By TDK_1997

@soduh2 said:

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Squalleon

@soduh2 said:

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Osian2

@soduh2 said:

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By evilvegeta74

I'm with Cyke, damn the writers!

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By One_Eye

@Osian2: @Squalleon: @TDK_1997: @Jonny_Anonymous: @soduh2: @lorex: @fullmetalquach: @god_spawn:

You have my Optic Blast.:p

Cyclops Forever.

Avatar image for samuel_larson_10
    samuel_larson_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By samuel_larson_10

if you think about it the avengers kind of provoked cyke when they took hope

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@samuel_larson_10: who shot first? whats that? cyke did? well then there you go.

aaunderoath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By aaunderoath

@fullmetalquach: Totally still siding with Cyclops and really REALLY hoping they don't just toss him in jail at the end of this for a variety of reasons.

Also I think the writers wanted the support for each side to be split down the middle throughout the entire event so kudos to the writers on that one lol

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17  Edited By lorex
    @theTimeStreamer said:

@samuel_larson_10: who shot first? whats that? cyke did? well then there you go.

I remember Captain America showing up on Utopia and with a Hellecarrier full of Avengers, demanding that he hand over Hope, who Cyclops considers to be a messiah of some sort. Captain America via Wolverine had to know that Cyclops was never going to just hand over a mutant to the government no matter what the reason. So really whether or not Cyclops shot first Captain America came knowing a likely battle would ensue, but he showed up first and forced Cyclops hand. Given everything the X-Men have been through in the years since the Decimation, everything has been about survival, I do think Cyclops was mistaken about the ability of the Phoenix to usher in a rebirth of the mutants on Earth, cause with the Phoenix for there to be rebirth there usually has to be destruction first.
    soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By soduh2

@theTimeStreamer said:

@samuel_larson_10: who shot first?

Captain America when he consulted Wolverine.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By soduh2

@lorex said:

I do think Cyclops was mistaken about the ability of the Phoenix to usher in a rebirth of the mutants on Earth, cause with the Phoenix for there to be rebirth there usually has to be destruction first.

One could argue that the "destruction" the Phoenix caused occured when the planets were destroyed in route to the phoenix.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@lorex: cap would have to be a moron to show up at the front door of a powerful nation alone and ask them to give up something very dear to them even though she is a threat to the planet. and seriously out of character. plus cyke had almost the whole mutant population behind him. so it evens out. but as i said before scott shot first.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By TheCrowbar

@soduh2 said:

@theTimeStreamer said:

@lorex: cap would have to be a moron to show up at the front door of a powerful nation alone and ask them to give up something very dear to them even though she is a threat to the planet. and seriously out of character. plus cyke had almost the whole mutant population behind him. so it evens out. but as i said before scott shot first.

After Cyclops helped the Avengers take down his own son, you'd think Cap would give him at least that much respect to ask without force first. You want to call it a risk? Fine, I think it's a sign of respect. One the mutant population never got before.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Osian2

@TheCrowbar said:

@soduh2 said:

@theTimeStreamer said:

After Cyclops helped the Avengers take down his own son, you'd think Cap would give him at least that much respect to ask without force first. You want to call it a risk? Fine, I think it's a sign of respect. One the mutant population never got before.

Cap could have called ahead and discussed it with him. Even if Cyclops didn't shoot first Cap would either have to go away or attack. If anything Cyclops "shot first" because it makes for a more memorable moment. Cyclops shoots optic blasts (offensive) and Cap has a shield (defensive).

Look at it this way if a foreign army (Avengers) marched into your country (Utopia) and they weren't going to leave without your messiah (Hope) you would be well within your rights to force them to leave.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#23  Edited By x_29

I fully support Nightclops.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By dernman
    @Blood1991 said:

@fullmetalquach said:

It was a joke lol. I am against Scott in this and have been on many things that have happened, but I don't hold it against his character. Same as I don't hold Civil War on Iron Man.

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By fullmetalquach

@Osian2 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

@soduh2 said:

@theTimeStreamer said:

Cap could have called ahead and discussed it with him. Even if Cyclops didn't shoot first Cap would either have to go away or attack. If anything Cyclops "shot first" because it makes for a more memorable moment. Cyclops shoots optic blasts (offensive) and Cap has a shield (defensive).

Look at it this way if a foreign army (Avengers) marched into your country (Utopia) and they weren't going to leave without your messiah (Hope) you would be well within your rights to force them to leave.

i honestly dont think who shot first really matters in this situation, Emma read caps mind and said that he wasnt leaving the island without Hope and Scott just wasnt going to have any of that, Cap went there to take and not ask, as you said, the Avengers invaded and Cyclops defended, no matter who shot first Cap and the Avengers are at fault, the more logical thing to do wouldve been to work with the X_Men and create counter measures to defeat the Phoenix if Hope couldnt handle it, obviously theyre going to defeat Scott and theyve stopped the PF before so its not as impossible as they made it seem, i think the whole concept of Cyclops literally shooting first could be used to put more blame on the X-Men, but really Cap never shouldve have gone there in the first place looking to take Hope into custody, that was the first shot in my opinion, not a literal attack like Scott's blast, but one that was just as bad

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BatteredArmor

@soduh2 said:

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

I love how Cyclops gets called a dictator for doing the Avengers and America's job better than they can.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Osian2

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

I love how Cyclops gets called a dictator for doing the Avengers and America's job better than they can.

Most of the Anti-Cyclops fans think that Dictator = Leader they don't like. So I wouldn't let it bother you. I mean has he ever forced anyone to do anything? Sure he gives orders but it's not as if he's ever said "if you disagree I will kill you".

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By slimlim
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

The Phoenix Five annoys me, and he is a part of the five. Well, now he is the only one left. Cyclops bothers me when he has the Phoenix Force. Probably because it has not business being inside him. The only person the Phoenix chose as a host that makes sense is Emma since she is a telepath. I have no idea why it chose the other four. If besty was a part of the Phoenix Five it would have been much cooler. Im still rooting for the X-men though it seems the X-men are no longer with cyclops from what I read in AvX11. So I guess I'm on the X-men's side not Scott's unless they are together again, and I dont know about.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@fullmetalquach: I don't know how anyone can think the X-Men had the right idea in this story, from the very start. The ONLY excuse I can come up with is that you're a huge fan of the characters and can't conceive of them being wrong. The Phoenix Force is bad news, as the X-Men well know. Their own past history shows the death and destruction that's come from it again, and again, and again. Why would this time be any different? Rather than reach out to the rest of the hero community (heck and global governments) and try to protect the world from it, they decide the best idea is to take unilateral control of one of the deadliest entities in existence. Really? That's the good idea? Even after seeing the corrupting power of the force over and over?

I see no excuse.

I'm sorry if you feel that the X-Men were done a disservice by being written this way, that's one thing, but to think that this was a good idea...this wouldn't be a miniseries if it had been a good idea.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheCrowbar

@slimlim said:

No Caption Provided

I want this as a t-shirt!

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By fullmetalquach

@Crash_Recovery: Well I was more of a fan of the Avengers before this I started reading this series. The phoenix force has been bad news, but they put faith in and believed in Hope, they thought she would be different and they were also desperate, they hardly have 200 remaining mutants in the world, theyre part of a dying race and wanted to take the risk to reignite theyre species, they were backed into a corner and had little options to choose from in terms of how to keep mutants from going extinct, another motto they have is "mutant problems, mutant solution" and scott even told cap that he felt the avengers have never really been there to help mutants that much in the past so when they came to take hope it just ignited the fuse that has been building up, im trying to see things from theyre point of view, desperate and alone with no help from nonmutants, it might notve been the best idea, but it was either that or give up altogether

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheCrowbar

@fullmetalquach: Both Jean and Rachel Grey wielded the Phoenix powers with no issues.

Jean fell because of tampering by an evil psychic mutant not because of the powers of the phoenix.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By soduh2

@fullmetalquach said:

@Crash_Recovery: Well I was more of a fan of the Avengers before this I started reading this series. The phoenix force has been bad news, but they put faith in and believed in Hope, they thought she would be different and they were also desperate, they hardly have 200 remaining mutants in the world, theyre part of a dying race and wanted to take the risk to reignite theyre species, they were backed into a corner and had little options to choose from in terms of how to keep mutants from going extinct, another motto they have is "mutant problems, mutant solution" and scott even told cap that he felt the avengers have never really been there to help mutants that much in the past so when they came to take hope it just ignited the fuse that has been building up, im trying to see things from theyre point of view, desperate and alone with no help from nonmutants, it might notve been the best idea, but it was either that or give up altogether

Not to mention his conversation with Cable.

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Daycrawler

@theTimeStreamer said:

He would only have been a moron if he'd turned up with no backup and demanded Hope. He was still a moron for turning up with the Avengers to demand Hope. Being a supposed 'tactical genius' he should have realized that Cyke / the X-Men would react badly to the overtly hostile demand. But he didn't. He relied on threats and brute force as his first option, which is always going to end in tears.

Also, big deal, Cyke shot first. He had no choice since Caps approach was "Gimme Hope or the Avengers clobber you and take her anyway.". It makes the whole 'Cyclops fired first' argument a moot point and quite frankly a lame and ridiculous defense of Cap/Avengers behavior in this instance. The fight was gonna happen anyway, largely due to how Cap approached the situation. If Cyke hadn't fired the first shot and just stood his ground peacefully saying no, then Cap/Avengers would've used force anyway. If anything, Cyclops showed some smarts in realising the situation and firing the first shot.

In summary, Cyclops shot first, but Cap was stupid and aggressive first.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mutant God

I like Cyke

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Hey, Cap, remember this? Cause Namor said something similar

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fullmetalquach

@god_spawn said:

Hey, Cap, remember this? Cause Namor said something similar

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Damn, nice scans to prove our point man

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Oh hi can i have my brain back? I honestly say this so much now but I think it's time for cyke to break it off with those guys. If people dont agree, new brotherhood under scotts beliefs but maybe a little darker Kinda like jax frim SoA. give scott a couple of the x men and other mutants Rock a leather jacket and lose the skull cap change it up! Because it would literally kill me to see scott in some stupid demoted rank among the other x men. that cyclops from the past lead x men? That would be an interesting fight every time the brother hood and x men fight. Anyway I can see myself reading "the brotherhood of mutants" title.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By One_Eye

@TheCrowbar said:

@slimlim said:

No Caption Provided

I want this as a t-shirt!

As do I.

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Flopsop200

@soduh2 said:

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mfundo

The writers succeeded, they made me hate Scott.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LeeSensei

I don't read X-Men consistently, but it seems like he's been turned into a villain so that the Avengers can be the heroes.

chunkypack87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By chunkypack87

@theTimeStreamer said:

Why did he even had to show up at all. People have phones in the Marvel universe, F - they even have those awesome hologrpahic face phones from the Future.

Cap: Hey, Phoenix Force is coming, burning up a lot of cosmic stuff apperently. Logan told me its got something to do with Hope

Cyke: Oh, well i have been waiting for something like this to happen - were kinda extinct here.

Cap: could we move this off world.

Cyke: Sounds reasonable, ill get together our scientists and contain.

Cap: do you need help, We've got lots f awesome super scientists here,i rekon Reed will jump along as well.

Cyke: Sounds like a plan - lets do this

... And they all lived happily ever after.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@chunkypack87: there isnt a facepalm meme big enough for the amount of FAIL in your post.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheCrowbar
    soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By soduh2

@theTimeStreamer said:

@chunkypack87: there isnt a facepalm meme big enough for the amount of FAIL in your post.

Because the battle was SO necessary.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By evilvegeta74

Cyke rulez!!!

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Raiiyn

I hope they kill this character forever, he's a male self-absorbing man, Havok is the powered up version, its canon that Dani Moonstart is as good a tactician. Cyclops gained fame through Fox network movies and by being played by that actor who was Prince Charming in Enchanted. In comics as well as the lame 90's fox cartoon Cyclops built himself up off being the guy who wasn't funny (Iceman) smart (Beast) or rich (Angel) or being a ginger (Jean) Cyclops was the plain jane who got to be special for being special, he's the male equivalent of Bella from Twilight, he's not credible and he's mentally unstable and physically insecure, kill him off forever, forever, for ever ever!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.