Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11226 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

how powerful is cyclops?

IAMtheHERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By IAMtheHERO

how much power does he have? how fast could he destroy the earth?

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Backflip

As I understand it. He has the same concussive energy as a Nuke stored within his head. At least, that is what Wolverine proclaimed. Of the three summers children, Cyclops is in my opinion, the weakest, although considering the upper limits of Havok and Vulcan, that isn't exactly an insult either. Cyclops can probably disentagrate a mountain if he really let loose. But he couldn't destroy the earth. His blasts would disappate after a few thousand meteres.

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Valtot

@IAMtheHERO:
    cyclops as far as im know can have his optic blast at full power for around 20 minutes before needing a few minutes rest and of used in a wide spread effect goes like a small nuke so cyclops could in theory if he had full control of his powers which he doesnt which is holding him back in power would be able to easily destroy cities countries but not planet busting more like moon busting.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By CATPANEXE

Its not so much his power, but his focus, intelligence and experience in using his power. though Cyke has taken out meteors without problem in rapid succession
    if it helps guage. Likely if he were to turn and go after the planet, he would use tact rather than his optic blasts, and succeed before anyone knew what was up.

Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

He is powerful but not ehough to like destroy a world

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

It seriously depends on the writer. Most of the time he's the weakest of the three Summer's brothers (though he used to be stronger than Havok before Havok got a huge upgrade) and has the power of a nuke. However, it has been stated that he can cut a planet in half. Again, though, it's based on the writer's discretion.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Edamame:  Mate, I have no idea. It disgusted me tbh :P
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Edamame:  Havok getting the power upgrade, Havok beating Vulcan, Vulcan putting up a fight against Black Bolt. All of it lol. 

The whole X-Men/Cosmic Universe is great, so long as you know nothing about the backstories of the characters you're reading.
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheCrowbar

Actually fun fact: If Cyclops starts his attack with BEHOLD OPTIC BLAST! He can blast the moon apart, but it's such a ridiculous thing to say that he never does it.

(I just made that up I loved him in MVC2)

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @Edamame said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @Edamame:  Havok getting the power upgrade, Havok beating Vulcan, Vulcan putting up a fight against Black Bolt. All of it lol.   The whole X-Men/Cosmic Universe is great, so long as you know nothing about the backstories of the characters you're reading. "
    I agree. "
    (thumbs up) =]
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SC  Moderator

He can punch a hole though ice with his fist. His eye beams have been known to... hurt people. One time he stared at Xavier so stoically, Xavier could not walk. He makes Wolverine smile like a school girl at an all boys boarding school because when he takes his visor off Wolverine's advanced sense can tell him that awesome is about to happen. He is so powerful that Mr Sinister is called Mr Sinister because of his sinister habit of watching Cyclops sleep and his tendency to collect DNA examples from Cyclops... the sinister way. 

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @SC said:
    " He can punch a hole though ice with his fist. His eye beams have been known to... hurt people. One time he stared at Xavier so stoically, Xavier could not walk. He makes Wolverine smile like a school girl at an all boys boarding school because when he takes his visor off Wolverine's advanced sense can tell him that awesome is about to happen. He is so powerful that Mr Sinister is called Mr Sinister because of his sinister habit of watching Cyclops sleep and his tendency to collect DNA examples from Cyclops... the sinister way.  "
    Funnily enough, Jean was okay with that.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @TheCrowbar: True true, I can see Jean swinging both ways. In fact I often imagine that. Perhaps lets call that a past time of mine. 
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @SC said:
    " @TheCrowbar: True true, I can see Jean swinging both ways. In fact I often imagine that. Perhaps lets call that a past time of mine.  "
    Kinda makes Emma look like a prude if you think about it.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @TheCrowbar: X-Men Forever pretty much confirmed that yes, Jean makes Emma look like a prude. 
    TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheCrowbar
    @SC said:
    " @TheCrowbar: X-Men Forever pretty much confirmed that yes, Jean makes Emma look like a prude.  "
    I'd still take Emma over Jean. I hate going to funerals.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.