Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11226 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Does Cyclops have unlimited energy

celtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By celtic

if he does how does he keep his eyes from exploding?

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By VesKaGan

Why should his eyes explode? He is immune to his powers.

And no, he does not have unlimited energy. His power is fuelled by sunlight and he recharges pretty quick, but gets fatigued after a while when powering up.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By soduh2

@VesKaGan said:

Why should his eyes explode? He is immune to his powers.

And no, he does not have unlimited energy. His power is fuelled by sunlight and he recharges pretty quick, but gets fatigued after a while when powering up.

I thought his energy came from an alternate dimension. And his eyes were essentially portals.

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VesKaGan

@soduh2:

http://marvel.com/universe/Cyclops_(Scott_Summers) :

Cyclops possesses the mutant ability to project a beam of heatless ruby-colored concussive force from his eyes, which act as inter-dimensional apertures between this universe and another. Cyclops' body constantly absorbs ambient energy, such as sunlight, from his environment into his body's cells that allows him to open the apertures

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@VesKaGan: Nvm, re-read the post and in your quote it says his energy comes from the other dimension. The sunlight just helps the portals, just because he has no sunlight doesn't mean he would lose his ability to fire, he just wouldn't be able to shoot as powerful of a blast.

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VesKaGan

I always thought they invented the dimension-portal-stuff because they couldn't quite explain how his body could produce and store so much energy from sunlight, but he still needed the light to keep the portals open. Because during Claremonts run they were on a planet with no sunlight at all and he ran out of power, so Storm recharged him with lightning. It is also stated (I got this from the booklet that comes with the Marvel figurine, but I think it is from the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe") that "It has been argued that Cyclops could therefore prevent himself from generating the force beams by confining himself to a place sealed off from sunlight. However, for unknown reasons, deprivation of sunlight for extended periods sets up a dangerous physiological imbalance of unknown nature in Cyclops' body."

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By xmentas

So.....if Havok (who's immune to cykes blast) was say...i don't know, 'shrunk' smaller than the size of an eye...could he perhaps maybe...enter scotts eye? Since its like a portal??? eh? eh?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crimsonlord53

@xmentas: Shhhhh don't give marvel any ideas.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By xmentas

@Crimsonlord53 said:

@xmentas: Shhhhh don't give marvel any ideas.

Soon i'll work for them and they'll flood my mind with bad ideas

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.