Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Did scott crack?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Looking back at some of the decision's scott has made in the past is it possible he cracked and no one noticed?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

No.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Before the PF....no he didn't. I think his decisions were extreme but often necessary. Since the PF...hell yes he did.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Blood1991

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Before the PF....no he didn't. I think his decisions were extreme but often necessary. Since the PF...hell yes he did.

Cosmic entities don't count :p

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Blood1991 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Cosmic entities don't count :p

Yeah possession by a universal cosmic force should be a get-out-of-jail-free moment...

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6  Edited By lorex

Cyclops was perhaps naive to think the Phoenix Force could be controlled but having that influence him does not constitute him cracking. Now in the aftermath when he realizes he killed Xavier he could crack from that but I doubt it. Cyclops has come back from being a host of Apocalypse so coming back from beinig a phone of  the PF should not be an impossible task for him. I do not think he will crack, though he will probably grive and feel guilty.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

Like an egg

_Franco_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Franco_

Had the wrong idea from the title.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sufferthorn

I think he lost his marbles the minute he let Emma Frost seduce him....

Should he get a get-out-of-jail free card? No....he STILL thinks what he did was justified in his Ruby-Quartz prison. Seriously? He and Emma Frost dined with Steak, seasoned by HUMAN BLOOD.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He did not crack, the writers did

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VesKaGan

@Sufferthorn said:

Should he get a get-out-of-jail free card? No....he STILL thinks what he did was justified in his Ruby-Quartz prison. Seriously? He and Emma Frost dined with Steak, seasoned by HUMAN BLOOD.

But you did get that it wasn't real blood, but just Emmas psyonic projection and that Scott was disgusted when Emma told him, yes?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

l.ong live the summers rebellion.....does anyone remember that???

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13  Edited By McKlayn

Scott did not crack, i think he made all the same decisions a normal person did while being provoked and threatening extinction especially when people you thought were your allies turn against you. He also didn't want the phoenix force for himself, it was thrust upon him he never claimed or thought he could control it until he got it then simply tried to do the best he could with the power he got, can't really blame him for that. Now some of his decisions after having the Phoenix force is a bit questionable but again once he had the force he was dancing on the edge of sanity through no fault of his own.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sufferthorn

@VesKaGan said:

@Sufferthorn said:

But you did get that it wasn't real blood, but just Emmas psyonic projection and that Scott was disgusted when Emma told him, yes?

Doesn't matter either way....something like that is beyond acceptance. Cyclops may have been disgusted but he still seemed to accept it because the Phoenix Force was messing with his emotions.

Such crimes must be taken into responsibility. If you were a normal citizen living somewhere on 616 Earth, would you want Cyclops to be allowed to roam free with forgiven crimes after all that? Because i'd personally be a little bit skeptical

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By xmentas

@Sufferthorn: So why not take all the other Marvel heroes that have commited such crimes?

Oh yeah! Because half the heroes would be in prison too!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#16  Edited By Teerack

If the Avengers had let Hope get the Pheonix everything would of worked out better. Scott got fucked over by bad luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.