Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Cyclops/Scott Summers

• 109 results
    KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#101  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

I'm sorry, but I'll tell you why I don't like Scott Summers.

1. When he was with Jean, he was the original X-Men Emo kid. Leader or not, he had no backbone unless someone made him.
    2. He had an affair with Emma, Jean died again and ta-da, Scott's got a backbone! Although now it's too much and he's obsessive as a leader to the point of paranoia. I know that times are hard, but seriously, he's pressuring himself and is bound to make many mistakes.
    3. He had no problem sending people to kill his son, yet he couldn't bother to get anyone to attack the Purifiers for the death of many of the depowered students, as well as the few deceased powered ones.   
    4. He let X-23 stay in the mansion mostly so she could pick up her life and do something other than be an assassin. Then he throws that in the trash and puts her on the ASSASSIN team of X-Force. 

Those are just some. But I really don't like him.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Cyclops is the X-Man. He has always been my  equal favorite Marvel character (alongside Spidey), and for too long he was treated as a stepping stone so that other characters  could look better (see: Marvel Comics in the 80s). He's finally getting his dues.

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

@FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "Cyclops is the X-Man. He has always been my  equal favorite Marvel character (alongside Spidey), and for too long he was treated as a stepping stone so that other characters  could look better (see: Marvel Comics in the 80s). He's finally getting his dues. "

QFT  

Scott is doin his job.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#104  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

dont hate cyclops never did. their have been times where i didnt love him or hated what he was doing but he's a good  man with a good heart as well as a brilliant leader.

and he obviously one sexy mofo. i mean he makes all these little x-girls wet frisky (Emma, Jean, Betsy, Maddie etc).

oh and he does have a personality, one of the absolute best personalitites ever, if only their could be more people like him in real life

and in the comics

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By John Valentine
    @KumoriKunoichi said:
    " I'm sorry, but I'll tell you why I don't like Scott Summers.  1. When he was with Jean, he was the original X-Men Emo kid. Leader or not, he had no backbone unless someone made him. 2. He had an affair with Emma, Jean died again and ta-da, Scott's got a backbone! Although now it's too much and he's obsessive as a leader to the point of paranoia. I know that times are hard, but seriously, he's pressuring himself and is bound to make many mistakes. 3. He had no problem sending people to kill his son, yet he couldn't bother to get anyone to attack the Purifiers for the death of many of the depowered students, as well as the few deceased powered ones.   4. He let X-23 stay in the mansion mostly so she could pick up her life and do something other than be an assassin. Then he throws that in the trash and puts her on the ASSASSIN team of X-Force.   Those are just some. But I really don't like him. "
    1. People change, characters develop.
    2. He didn't have an affair. It was little more than a stray thought, initiated by Emma. Look at Jean and Wolverine's flirtation over the years. Admittedly it was mainly Logan but Jean was probably not without a few thoughts herself.
    3. What about X-Force?
    4. Not his best moment, but it was something she semi-volunteered for. Yes, she may want to change her life, but even in her attempt to stop being a killing people wouldn't stop hurting her and those she now loved. X-23 was given the option to directly attack those who were doing it and she seized it.
    Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#106  Edited By Aero_gt

Cyclops's haters are most likely Storm or Wolverine lovers. Cyclops may not be the leader you guys want, but he is definately one leader you need. The "Affiar" he had with Emma wasn't even real, Jean and Wolverine had their flirt moments. Also, Jean has allowed the two to be together she has let it go in her like what 5th death? He is an X-man through and through, sure he doesn't get to die and comeback like what 5 times now? Sure he doesn't have the strongest powers, but would you want a smart leader that knows what he's doing or a more powerful one that would rather just go in without a gameplan? He has his issues. (Bastard kids of his coming from the future. a sometimes dead or sometimes alive ex gf that might end out killing him. the fact that some people on his team don't like him, but when shit hits the fan he's bailing them out. Emma Frost being his current gf. The fact that their are less mutants around. Writers for some reason hate him or secretely love him and it's some plot to make him better. Let's see... yeah if he loses his visor/ shades he's phucked, He's kinda stuck with the team not by choice, but by fault. Wolverine and Storm get to  leave the mansion and comeback all willy nilly, but Cyc is the leader and has big responsibilities and no other previous leaders are well enough to lead the team he leads. Did I mention cyclops can't even control his powers?The first x-men will probably be the last x-men to gain the abilitity to control or evolve his powers if he makes it that far. Put your self in his shoes before you judge. That is all, my friends.   ) 
    Eet Mor Puppee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By Eet Mor Puppee

Cyclops is the quintessential X-Man. 

Nosfistis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Nosfistis
    Aero_gt pretty much covers the topic. Unlike most other members that come and go as they please, Cyclops is always the unwavering backbone of the team, the one that makes it go forward, and that gives a lot of credit to the character. Plus, Cyclops always gets the job done and always admits his mistakes. He does what needs to be done without looking back, he doesn't play the "holier than thou" act anymore and he knows when he has screwed up. Lastly, no matter what the haters say, keeping in mind that he has done many debatable choices in the past, the fact remains that the X-Men pretty much exist and revolve around this man.
    TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By TheThe
    @lioneta said:
    Am I the only one that can't stand him?
    He dresses in a head to toe leotard, he doesn't even have sexy eyes to lustfully look into unless you want to have your head blown off.
    He's boring and monotone with no sense of humor.

And the worst part of it is he runs every single X team there is.
    No matter what book I pick up I can't escape himhe's always there.So how does everyone else feel about Scott Yawn Summers?Oh, and Emma's English? News to me.
    I dont read anything Marvel put out when Cyclops is on the cover,or too much involved.
    I just cant stand this flop guy.
    I hate him,and i was happy we only saw his ratface 3mn in the X movies.

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By .Spider-man.

Seems someone has a hate on for Cyke. lol

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By TheThe

I hate him for good reasons.He's stealing all the shine even if he's not that good.

I dont like the fact everything in X-World evolves around him,because honestly the guy is boring as hell.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#112  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Best. X-Man. Ever.

.Spider-man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By .Spider-man.
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    Best. X-Man. Ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.