Cyclops Was Right! Long Live The Real Mutant Messiah! (AvX#12)

  • 78 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
#1 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

What did you guys think of Scott in AvX #12and UXM #19? Though it's sad to see that they (Marvel) made him a villain, I'm interested to see where this goes. Hopefully, Marvel doesn't fumble this.

2627269-x_men_zone_022.jpg
Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
#2 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (12282 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened? I don't mind spoilers.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
#3 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thecrowbar
#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...
Avatar image for thecheesestabber
#5 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8211 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
#6 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber:Sorry, I meant mutants. They showed one that looked like Pixie. And they mentioned one that could vomit acid.

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#7 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for thecheesestabber
#8 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@TheCheeseStabber:Sorry, I meant mutants. They showed one that looked like Pixie. And they mentioned one that could vomit acid.

Eww. On The last thing.

Avatar image for dazracist
#9 Posted by DazRacist (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: AVX #12 was A** like all the other issues. Uncanny was dope. And Cyke is STILL the man.

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#10 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@DazRacist said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: AVX #12 was A** like all the other issues. Uncanny was dope. And Cyke is STILL the man.

I did not like Uncanny when he was talking to Jean.

Avatar image for aero_gt
#11 Posted by Aero_gt (846 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops being arrested, but also being right and him being so calm about it while Cap raged is ok for me. Cyke will either be released or get broken out/break out anyway. From there he might recruit new mutants, team up with magneto, collossus, maybe Namor, not sure on Magik, Maybe Emma. It's not like they have much else to d. Storm Fans should probably rejoice, because she might lead an X-men team since only Wolverine is left. I really just wanna know how they are gonna play the Scott angle I can't see him as a Villian Villian, but morally gray and leading a new team... The brotherhood of elite mutants or like The Mutant Society of Utopia.

Avatar image for aero_gt
#12 Posted by Aero_gt (846 posts) - - Show Bio

Also this event was nowhere near as bad a Civil War only one important person died, but many mutants are reborn and the Avengers and Xmen are getting more buddy buddy. Bittersweet for Scott, but it also gives him more possibilities as a character.

Avatar image for fesak
#13 Posted by fesak (8586 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Cyclops should start his own X-Force.

With blackjack. And hookers.

Moderator
Avatar image for thecrowbar
#14 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak said:

Actually Cyclops should start his own X-Force.

With blackjack. And hookers.

My god...it's like you're reading my fan fiction as I'm writing it.

Avatar image for vortex13
#15 Posted by Vortex13 (12140 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak: Actually forget the team, and the blackjack.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
#16 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8211 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak said:

Actually Cyclops should start his own X-Force.

With blackjack. And hookers.

Omg x3 Love The Reference

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
#17 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

@fesak:I was hoping that he would join Cable in X-Force, but it looks like he's going to be in ANXM and maybe another book.

Avatar image for fodigg
#18 Posted by fodigg (6237 posts) - - Show Bio

As @fesak: said in one of the dupe threads, this event was awful, but if they really wished away the Phoenix Force forever, it was worth it.

Avatar image for rickbarry
#19 Posted by Rickbarry (2005 posts) - - Show Bio

Optic Blast of...NOT GOING EXTINCT!!!

Avatar image for mutant_god
#20 Posted by Mutant God (3735 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@TheCheeseStabber:Sorry, I meant mutants. They showed one that looked like Pixie. And they mentioned one that could vomit acid.

Was it Angel Salvadore

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

What did you guys think of Scott in AvX #12and UXM #19? Though it's sad to see that they (Marvel) made him a villain, I'm interested to see where this goes. Hopefully, Marvel doesn't fumble this.

2627269-x_men_zone_022.jpg
2627374-dx.jpg
Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
#21 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God:I don't think it was Angel. Her body and wings looked like crystal or stone, and she had blue hair and a schoolgirl uniform.

Avatar image for leesensei
#22 Edited by LeeSensei (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome reference. In my opinion

Captain America's interference caused all of the trouble, Cyclops was right, they kept on attacking him until the Dark Phoenix took over, and then blamed him for everything including the BP/Storm annulment and they're doing all of this while the Scarlet Witch and Wolverine walk free. Terrible. Any writer associated with this event should be ashamed of themselves. The editors too.
Avatar image for fodigg
#23 Posted by fodigg (6237 posts) - - Show Bio

@LeeSensei said:

Awesome reference. In my opinion

Captain America's interference caused all of the trouble, Cyclops was right, they kept on attacking him until the Dark Phoenix took over, and then blamed him for everything including the BP/Storm annulment and they're doing all of this while the Scarlet Witch and Wolverine walk free. Terrible. Any writer associated with this event should be ashamed of themselves. The editors too.

Your spoiler block is nonfunctional.

Avatar image for dernman
#24 Posted by Dernman (21552 posts) - - Show Bio

SMH

Avatar image for aero_gt
#25 Posted by Aero_gt (846 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@TheCheeseStabber:Sorry, I meant mutants. They showed one that looked like Pixie. And they mentioned one that could vomit acid.

Was it Angel Salvadore

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

What did you guys think of Scott in AvX #12and UXM #19? Though it's sad to see that they (Marvel) made him a villain, I'm interested to see where this goes. Hopefully, Marvel doesn't fumble this.

2627269-x_men_zone_022.jpg
2627374-dx.jpg

Degeneration X! That can be a new team name.

Avatar image for mutant_god
#26 Posted by Mutant God (3735 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aero_gt: you mean Degeneration X-Men

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
#27 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman:What's wrong?

Avatar image for one_eye
#28 Posted by One_Eye (791 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@TheCheeseStabber:Sorry, I meant mutants. They showed one that looked like Pixie. And they mentioned one that could vomit acid.

Was it Angel Salvadore

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

What did you guys think of Scott in AvX #12and UXM #19? Though it's sad to see that they (Marvel) made him a villain, I'm interested to see where this goes. Hopefully, Marvel doesn't fumble this.

2627269-x_men_zone_022.jpg
2627374-dx.jpg

So much win.:)

Avatar image for redwingx
#29 Posted by redwingx (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

Bravo Marvel, you have finally destroyed Cyclops character, hes now dead to me.

Avatar image for maki0129
#30 Posted by maki0129 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that such a bad thing?

I mean, he cheated on Jean, stuck two underage girls into a wetworks squad, unconstitutionally founded his own country, sheltered a known terrorist and mutant supremacist in that country, declared every citizen of that country a member of a mutant army, went batshit insane with power to a point that was too much for even WOLVERINE... Is this REALLY where we're gonna draw the line folks?

Cyclops has been sliding down the idealism vs cyncism scale for a LOOOOONG while now... it's disingenous to pretend it's AvX that made him look like a complete jerkass. He's been nothing short of a complete jerkass for the last few years.

Avatar image for thecrowbar
#31 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@maki0129 said:

Is that such a bad thing?

I mean, he cheated on Jean, stuck two underage girls into a wetworks squad, unconstitutionally founded his own country, sheltered a known terrorist and mutant supremacist in that country, declared every citizen of that country a member of a mutant army, went batshit insane with power to a point that was too much for even WOLVERINE... Is this REALLY where we're gonna draw the line folks?

Cyclops has been sliding down the idealism vs cyncism scale for a LOOOOONG while now... it's disingenous to pretend it's AvX that made him look like a complete jerkass. He's been nothing short of a complete jerkass for the last few years.

No one is saying he's not a cynic or cold. We're saying he was right.

Avatar image for john_valentine
#32 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott is the real mutant messiah!

Avatar image for maki0129
#33 Posted by maki0129 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

@maki0129 said:

Is that such a bad thing?

I mean, he cheated on Jean, stuck two underage girls into a wetworks squad, unconstitutionally founded his own country, sheltered a known terrorist and mutant supremacist in that country, declared every citizen of that country a member of a mutant army, went batshit insane with power to a point that was too much for even WOLVERINE... Is this REALLY where we're gonna draw the line folks?

Cyclops has been sliding down the idealism vs cyncism scale for a LOOOOONG while now... it's disingenous to pretend it's AvX that made him look like a complete jerkass. He's been nothing short of a complete jerkass for the last few years.

No one is saying he's not a cynic or cold. We're saying he was right.

Well, I'm saying he still deserves to go to jail.

Avatar image for dazracist
#34 Posted by DazRacist (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke is the MAN. I cant wait to see all a "ALL BAD X-Men" book w/ the Extinction team minus, whiney A** hope. him throwing up that X. hit me like this.

2627762-tommie-smith_1637326c.jpg

I'm sure if Tommy Smith read comics he would agree.

Avatar image for warlock360
#36 Posted by warlock360 (28180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@TheCheeseStabber:Sorry, I meant mutants. They showed one that looked like Pixie. And they mentioned one that could vomit acid.

Was it Angel Salvadore

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

What did you guys think of Scott in AvX #12and UXM #19? Though it's sad to see that they (Marvel) made him a villain, I'm interested to see where this goes. Hopefully, Marvel doesn't fumble this.

2627269-x_men_zone_022.jpg
2627374-dx.jpg
2627776-sq-xzibit-x-arms-crossed-loud.jpg
Avatar image for death_certificate
#37 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for death_certificate
#38 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

@Mutant God said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@TheCheeseStabber:Sorry, I meant mutants. They showed one that looked like Pixie. And they mentioned one that could vomit acid.

Was it Angel Salvadore

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

What did you guys think of Scott in AvX #12and UXM #19? Though it's sad to see that they (Marvel) made him a villain, I'm interested to see where this goes. Hopefully, Marvel doesn't fumble this.

2627269-x_men_zone_022.jpg
2627374-dx.jpg
2627776-sq-xzibit-x-arms-crossed-loud.jpg

Avatar image for evilvegeta74
#39 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God: Hell yeah, Cyke is the man!

Avatar image for warlock360
#40 Posted by warlock360 (28180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@warlock360 said:

@Mutant God said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@TheCheeseStabber:Sorry, I meant mutants. They showed one that looked like Pixie. And they mentioned one that could vomit acid.

Was it Angel Salvadore

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

What did you guys think of Scott in AvX #12and UXM #19? Though it's sad to see that they (Marvel) made him a villain, I'm interested to see where this goes. Hopefully, Marvel doesn't fumble this.

2627269-x_men_zone_022.jpg
2627374-dx.jpg
2627776-sq-xzibit-x-arms-crossed-loud.jpg

2627813-2688991189_4e755bd39d.jpg

Avatar image for death_certificate
#41 Posted by Death Certificate (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

@Death Certificate said:

@warlock360 said:

@Mutant God said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@TheCheeseStabber:Sorry, I meant mutants. They showed one that looked like Pixie. And they mentioned one that could vomit acid.

Was it Angel Salvadore

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

What did you guys think of Scott in AvX #12and UXM #19? Though it's sad to see that they (Marvel) made him a villain, I'm interested to see where this goes. Hopefully, Marvel doesn't fumble this.

2627269-x_men_zone_022.jpg
2627374-dx.jpg
2627776-sq-xzibit-x-arms-crossed-loud.jpg

2627813-2688991189_4e755bd39d.jpg

Avatar image for warlock360
#42 Posted by warlock360 (28180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@warlock360 said:

@Death Certificate said:

@warlock360 said:

@Mutant God said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@TheCheeseStabber:Sorry, I meant mutants. They showed one that looked like Pixie. And they mentioned one that could vomit acid.

Was it Angel Salvadore

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

What did you guys think of Scott in AvX #12and UXM #19? Though it's sad to see that they (Marvel) made him a villain, I'm interested to see where this goes. Hopefully, Marvel doesn't fumble this.

2627269-x_men_zone_022.jpg
2627374-dx.jpg
2627776-sq-xzibit-x-arms-crossed-loud.jpg

2627813-2688991189_4e755bd39d.jpg

last one...

2627832-misfits-skull.jpg
Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#43 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (5789 posts) - - Show Bio

will scott be the new magneto and emma would have to break him out of jail?????and turn into a outlaw hero

Avatar image for god_spawn
#44 Posted by God_Spawn (40374 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

@Death Certificate said:

@warlock360 said:

@Death Certificate said:

@warlock360 said:

@Mutant God said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@TheCheeseStabber:Sorry, I meant mutants. They showed one that looked like Pixie. And they mentioned one that could vomit acid.

Was it Angel Salvadore

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

What did you guys think of Scott in AvX #12and UXM #19? Though it's sad to see that they (Marvel) made him a villain, I'm interested to see where this goes. Hopefully, Marvel doesn't fumble this.

2627269-x_men_zone_022.jpg
2627374-dx.jpg
2627776-sq-xzibit-x-arms-crossed-loud.jpg

2627813-2688991189_4e755bd39d.jpg

last one...

2627832-misfits-skull.jpg

Best in the world.

Moderator
Avatar image for antemiusenteri
#45 Posted by antemiusenteri (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aero_gt: I for one i am rejoiced , his death in X3 was keeping grinning until now, i watch it every time i want to feel happy , anyways Scott was right , i don't know why his smiling cause he just killed Xavier , i really don't see him being the leader of any official x-men team so am so so so so so so so happy and thou i am a storm fan i don;t want her or anyone person to be in charge especially with the new mutant race expanding , they should form a sort of council or mutant parliament so there no bullshit ,

Avatar image for antemiusenteri
#46 Posted by antemiusenteri (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: no his not his just a guy with a hug huge huge ego ,i wonder how his going to get along without anyone to boss around

Avatar image for lannister
#47 Edited by lannister (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@DazRacist:Man, this is the image I had in mind when I saw Cyke making his "X-sign"

Avatar image for xeon1cs
#48 Posted by xeon1cs (1483 posts) - - Show Bio

@maki0129: Why does Cyclops deserve to go to jail, but not Scarlet Witch or even Iron Man? Why not Hank Pym? Why not Thor for smashing the Phoenix into a planet and blowing it up? There's absolutely no justification for Cyclops being imprisoned with some of the Avengers walking around.

Either way, it was Cable who was right, not Cyclops. Well, I guess both of them. You'd think if the time-traveling father of Hope, who has been studying multiple possible timelines, tells you that the only way for things to be fixed and for everything in the world to be right, is for his daughter to become the Phoenix, you'd listen. Instead, a team of people (Avengers) who know absolutely NOTHING about the Phoenix, decide they need to stop it. So they INVADE Utopia to get Hope.

Still, at the end of the day, it was the Avengers that pushed Cyclops to turn into the Dark Phoenix. If they were informed at all about the Phoenix, they'd know the one thing you don't do, is mentally push a Phoenix host into doing something they simply don't want to do.

It's safe to say someone (Probably Cable) is going to get Cyclops out of jail in the upcoming weeks/months.

Avatar image for lorex
#49 Posted by lorex (1000 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops was right which is great. I really hated Captain America and Logan acting all high and mighty like they were these perfect beings of moral virtue. After Civil War Captain America was killed so he did not have to face the consequences of being the outlaw and when he came back magically all was forgiven. Similarly Iron Man after his numerous screw ups as head of SHIELD did not have to face any consequences, as he was in a coma and after he came back seemingly all was forgiven. The worst of all was Logan slaping Cyclops in the face be saying he is going to give the eulogy at Xaviers funeral. Really of all the X-Men Logan was selected, I don't think so. I would think Beast would be the best choice but I guess Marvel wants to stroke the Wolverine fanboys more. Also Logan has some nerve getting on his high horse to judge Cyclops. He has more blood on his hands than all other X-Men combined, and don't blame it on the loss of memory cause he was killing people long before he lost his memory. Marvel really wants us to believe that Cyclops was the villian all along the the Avengers are the perfect force for good in the world. Also it seems Marvel is trying to force the notion that Wolverine is the leader of the X-Men now down our throats.  
 

2628326-capfullofhimself.png
As for Captain America saying he should have done more to keep the hatred of mutants from spiraling out of control, like its some how he is responsible for it. Well if this was his wake up call, he really has not been paying attention over the years. What what about the Mutant Massacre, Operation: Zero Tolerance, the fall of Genosha, the Decimation, Second Coming,  not to mention the Sentinels, Purifiers ,  Bastion, Mutant Registration Act and more, I am certain I have missed some big ones. It seems pretty arrogant for him to see to be placing the responsibility for all this on himself. Its as if he is saying if Captain America has come out and said mutants are no different than who gets powers in a lab accident then everything would have been alright in the world. He is right the so called heroes could have done more for mutant acceptance over the years but they didn't.
Avatar image for scollsweges
#50 Posted by ScollSweges (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I found the last issue interseting, I really enjoy Cyke as a villain, but I'm asking a lot of questions now, what will happened to him? Cyclops was, is and always will be my favorite character since I was 8. I've seen a picture of someone lobotomized and I really hope that he's not Cyclops... And you, what do you think about the future of Cyclops? (Excuse my english, it's not my native language)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.