Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Cyclops to leave the X-Men....and join the Avengers?

• 67 results
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@god_spawn: Yep, which is why the whole thing is just an exercise in character-assassination. Scott'll be the the scapegoat for the disaster that is Utopia, like Sentry was for SI/DR/Siege. Marvel will screw him over to appease the disenfranchised X-Fans.
    I still doubt they are gonna kill Scott after Schism and X-men just seems like it's getting relaunched, since there will be Uncanny X-men 1 and Wolverine and the X-men. An old interview back in June says they arent about killing people in the X-men or taking big players off the board. I don't think what you have in mind is gonna happen, just seems to destructive and deconstructive IMO.
    Oh, I don't think they'll be killing him either. 
    This is my guess;
    Scott becomes megalomaniacal during Schism
    Emma betrays him and takes him down
    Scott realises he was wrong
    Logan is in charge of the X-Men
    Emma is in charge of Utopia 
    Emma breaks up with Scott
    Scott goes into self-imposed Exile
    Scott is asked by Storm to help with some issue happening in Africa
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @FadeToBlackBolt: And then he hooks up with Storm :D kidding...god I hope that doesnt happen.

I can see that happening but we only need another month before we find out. Schism 3 just came out Wednesday I think. 2 issues left.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @god_spawn: He probably will hook up with Storm. BP is joining the Avengers again, so there's every chance that'll be because he and Storm are separated.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    @god_spawn: He probably will hook up with Storm. BP is joining the Avengers again, so there's every chance that'll be because he and Storm are separated.
    I still am second guessing it will. Just a false cover IMO. Not like we haven't seen plenty of those in the past.
    darth_fletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By darth_fletcher
    @god_spawn said:
    And that's the problem I see. You do have a point that he has the look for the avengers, but Wolverine IMO is more of a solo or a team guy, not necessarily a leader guy for a bigger picture. Like I said something small like X-force, Logan is the best choice for leader for it, but for a large team I don't see Wolverine as a leader. Wolverine is great on his own or as a member of a team which is why I could see him on the Avengers over Scott. Scott if he does step down IMO would be like going back down to boring 2nd-3rd stringer days before he evolved and stepped it up becoming the leader he is today. Cykes on the Avengers would be playing second fiddle next to guys like Cap and Tony.
    Wolverine is a huge character but lets face it, he's never been Avengers material, he's too much of a loner and a wild card...Cyclops has everything it needs to be an avengers, he's like a mutant version of Steve Rogers and would be ideal to fit into any of the Avengers teams !!!
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#56  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Well we know he's not going to be an Avenger 

No Caption Provided
    Enerjak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Enerjak_

I hope he joins, he needs to a break from being an X-man. 

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Blood1991

I hope not I don't wish that train wreck of writing for any character. If he's not an X-Man then he will do something else "he's to big right now to send to limbo" Maybe the Starjammers or somethin.
    VanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By VanAce

I had a theory that he might get some focus in X-Men Legacy, similar to how Legacy first started with the Professor. Although looking at the teasers it looks like it probably wont happen.

Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Larkin1388
    @AMS said:
    It would be good imo but I get the feeling he would get made to look like a chump and second stringer over time especially next to Capt.
    I also see a lot of whining in Cyclops future.
    Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#61  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

If this promo has any truth to it whatsoever, then it's pretty much been confirmed that Cyclops will continue leading the X-Men after Schism.

No Caption Provided
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @angeldust616: Notice how everyone is blacked out? I reckon that'll be a "the Past" type image, so that they can show the new teams with "the Present" on it.
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@FadeToBlackBolt: The official description is as follows:

"After the Schism, UNCANNY X-MEN starts over at #1. What is to become of Cyclops and the mutants who side with him after the big split? And what does it have to do with the resurrected Mister Sinister?"

I don't know, I'm willing to bet this represents the Uncanny line-up post-Schism. Judging from some of the silhouettes it looks like Magneto and Storm are on Cyclops' side (which makes sense). I think I also see Namor and maybe Gentle. The one furthest to the right looks like it might even be Scarlet Witch!

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @angeldust616 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt: The official description is as follows:

"After the Schism, UNCANNY X-MEN starts over at #1. What is to become of Cyclops and the mutants who side with him after the big split? And what does it have to do with the resurrected Mister Sinister?"

I don't know, I'm willing to bet this represents the Uncanny line-up post-Schism. Judging from some of the silhouettes it looks like Magneto and Storm are on Cyclops' side (which makes sense). I think I also see Namor and maybe Gentle. The one furthest to the right looks like it might even be Scarlet Witch!

I hope you're right, and I'll be really happy if that is the case. I'll still be disappointed that they look to be splitting up Scott and Emma, but I'll live with it providing Scott doesn't get screwed over.
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@FadeToBlackBolt: Yeah, hopefully Emma and Scott stay together after Schism. They both clearly are still lead members of the X-Men judging by the promos, but whether or not they are still a couple remains to be seen.

The Finality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The Finality

Join The Avengers? Noooo. Scott Summers is the premier X-Man. Whether he's on the Original Line-up or leading Claremont's team with Storm, or on the first version of X-Factor. I'm okay with seeing him team up with the Avengers but AS AN X-MAN MEMBER. Wolverine is the fan favorite of the X-Men, but Cyclops is the leader. The guy that can take a team of rag tag mutant heroes and give them a bunch of commands and they flow like water, fluidily in battle. Cyclops does to the X-Men what Cap does to the Avengers. I get a lot of X-Men got beef with his methods of late, including Logan leaving Utopia and reforming the Institute, but I personally like Scott's new no nonsense attitude. He's a soldier. And i absolutely agree with some of the above comments: If Cyclops was in The Avengers, he'd be downplayed waaay too much. Keep him on the X-Men!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I fail to see the point of bumping a thread that was answered already.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.