Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Cyclops: the worst leader

• 82 results
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @WarMachineMarkV said:

- To everyone offended by this, you need to take off your Cyclops fanboy hats for once and take it as the parody it is.

- If there were an Iron Man version of this I would think its funny, not cry in my blankie that people do not like him as much as I do and are making fun of him.

- Every character has aspects to them that are open to being manipulated for a purpose, even your beloved Scotty is no different.

BUT WHY THEY SAY THESE  HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT THE MESSIAH? Its not even accurate! Its not funny!  

FFS, he saved an ENTIRE RACE of people. He is like that Nelson Mandela guy, but with cooler powers. When you make fun of Cyclops, its like... making fun of Nelson Mandela, and worse since humor and accuracy are mutually tied to each other... its like your lying about Nelson Mandela... so essentially anyone who isn't offended? Is racist. Just sayin' 

Iron Man wouldn't be alive as a character, because if Cyclops didn't save the ENTIRE mutant race well that would weaken Earth forces and Iron Man would die. So in one real way? Cyclops saved TWO races. 
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By BatteredArmor

@SC said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- To everyone offended by this, you need to take off your Cyclops fanboy hats for once and take it as the parody it is.

- If there were an Iron Man version of this I would think its funny, not cry in my blankie that people do not like him as much as I do and are making fun of him.

- Every character has aspects to them that are open to being manipulated for a purpose, even your beloved Scotty is no different.

BUT WHY THEY SAY THESE HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT THE MESSIAH? Its not even accurate! Its not funny! FFS, he saved an ENTIRE RACE of people. He is like that Nelson Mandela guy, but with cooler powers. When you make fun of Cyclops, its like... making fun of Nelson Mandela, and worse since humor and accuracy are mutually tied to each other... its like your lying about Nelson Mandela... so essentially anyone who isn't offended? Is racist. Just sayin' Iron Man wouldn't be alive as a character, because if Cyclops didn't save the ENTIRE mutant race well that would weaken Earth forces and Iron Man would die. So in one real way? Cyclops saved TWO races.

Um.....both of you nobody has really acted offended some people simply don't find it funny but no one has gotten on their knees and screemed "NO NO YOU @#@!$% HOW DARE YOU YOU UNHOLY BEAST I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!!!!!!". The harshest comment has literly been that this was a stupid waste of time, thats it it doesn't meen were offended simply that unlike you we don't find it funny. Even FTBB has simply said he wasted his time and he has the tendecy to crucify people over insults to Scott. Personally I just cosined the statement that Cyclops is the greatest leader ever but it wasn't said angrily or anything every Cyke fan here has just disagreed and some even found it to be funny. Disagreeing doesn't equal offense if you go back and read every statement form a Cyke fan you'll find that at worse the emotion has been mild annoyance

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @BlackArmor said:

Um.....both of you nobody has really acted offended some people simply don't find it funny but no one has gotten on their knees and screemed "NO NO YOU @#@!$% HOW DARE YOU YOU UNHOLY BEAST I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!!!!!!". The harshest comment has literly been that this was a stupid waste of time, thats it it doesn't meen were offended simply that unlike you we don't find it funny. Even FTBB has simply said he wasted his time and he has the tendecy to crucify people over insults to Scott. Personally I just cosined the statement that Cyclops is the greatest leader ever but it wasn't said angrily or anything every Cyke fan here has just disagreed and some even found it to be funny. Disagreeing doesn't equal offense if you go back and read every statement form a Cyke fan you'll find that at worse the emotion has been mild annoyance

Heh, remember that time you had a go at me because you totally misunderstood my comments and presumed to much from them? It was in a thread about Red Hood and the Outlaws? I think I even apologized because I felt bad, that you misinterpreted my post? 

This is a bit similar, I didn't say anyone was offended, this is the internet, its hard to actually tell if a person isn't or isn't offended, I personally find humour in other things, like people being quick to assume things about others or thinking that humor and accuracy are the same thing or even intended to be the same thing, or for people's objectivity to be shot to hell, or bias, or hypocrisy.  

Thus you say disagreeing doesn't equate to taken offense being taken, but why don't you realize that having fun doesn't mean viewing that position either? If you go back you'll realize I didn't say any fan was offended and I wouldn't presume to find accuracy on a persons mood or emotions based on a small post they made?  

The irony to me is that we shouldn't really have to have this conversation? Like even the poster I quoted, he said to everyone offended by this? Not to everybody who thinks I think they are offended? If you weren't offended and thats everyone, then you don't need to pay attention to his comment? Things only get complicated when people assume.  

Hope that helps?
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BatteredArmor

@SC: Ah I'm sorry for misreading your post but to be honest my complaints were really more aimed at WMMV but I assumed your sarcasm supported his point. My bad

Avatar image for internet_genius
    Internet_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By Internet_Genius

" Cyclopypasta? "

Ctrl+optiC blast!

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By azza04

I thought it was funny.....

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#57  Edited By ReVamp

I thought this was funny as hell.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By One_Eye

@BlackArmor said:

@SC said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

BUT WHY THEY SAY THESE HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT THE MESSIAH? Its not even accurate! Its not funny! FFS, he saved an ENTIRE RACE of people. He is like that Nelson Mandela guy, but with cooler powers. When you make fun of Cyclops, its like... making fun of Nelson Mandela, and worse since humor and accuracy are mutually tied to each other... its like your lying about Nelson Mandela... so essentially anyone who isn't offended? Is racist. Just sayin' Iron Man wouldn't be alive as a character, because if Cyclops didn't save the ENTIRE mutant race well that would weaken Earth forces and Iron Man would die. So in one real way? Cyclops saved TWO races.

Yeah, everyone has a right to feel how they feel. If they like then they can voice and if they don't like then they have every right to feel so.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
    deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Andy Steven Summers said:

@John Valentine said:

Waste of time.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

ONE OF THE GREATEST LEADERS EVAAAAAR. DEAL WITH IT HATERS.

No Caption Provided
    Honor_Finesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Honor_Finesse

I love you GS

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Honor_Finesse said:

I love you GS

<3

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Aero_gt

This almost hurt my feelings although there were some funny bits. All in all, CYCLOPS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By EpitomeofCool
    @Joygirl said:
    This makes me so full of joy. Joyful Joygirl is joyful. *draws a stick figure picture of Cyclops with daggers in his neck*
    lol!
    Eet Mor Puppee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Eet Mor Puppee

Meh. I chuckled once. Reminds me a bit of Team America where Gary has a nebulous 'acting' skill.

notarandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By notarandomguy

@Alch21 said:

Cyclops is the greatest leader. ever.

one word ''Batman''

Markall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Markall

''Batman'' .... lol no

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By luckydomino1

this was really funny especially the first part

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By luckydomino1

@notarandomguy: its ok dude these people wont listen to reason remember they are scott fan boys so its perfectly normal for them to act like this

notarandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By notarandomguy

@Markall said:

''Batman'' .... lol no

Dear ''scotty'' fand boy number i Don't care at all I respect your opinion if you don't think the same as me but please next time try to leave a real comment n_n and btw I really like that cyclops pic you've got

Galathanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Galathanos
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#72  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I'm caught between mild anger at who ever wrote this mock interview and overwhelming joy that it's not one with Hal Jordan.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By desmond006

This would have been funny if it made more sense. if u ever read a comic u would know hes a great leader.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
    TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

I just started reading X-Men and wow. Cyclops has turned into the biggest douche bag. As a kid watching the animated series I use to think Cyclops was the coolest member of the X-Men while all my friends chose Wolverine because there was just something about him that made you respect him. Now I can't stand the guy.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#75  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

People need to stop bumping stupid threads. My will to live is running out fast. 

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#76  Edited By StarKiller809

I'm not sure it all of this is true or not, but I still laughed a dozen times. Very funny.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

People need to stop bumping stupid threads. My will to live is running out fast.

I thought it was gone by now.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#78  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @god_spawn said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I thought it was gone by now.

My conscious will is, but my unconscious survival instinct is still intact.
    Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#79  Edited By Saren

@Billy Batson said:

This was stupid.
    BB

No Caption Provided
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Daveyo520

He does not deserve the rap he gets.

AlphaAboveAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This person has seriously never read any of the X-Men comics recently. Go read some before you make some stupid judgmental decisions. What you just said was 99.9% invalid. I even laughed cause that stupidity level was killing me, unless to made this thread to piss peeps off.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This person has seriously never read any of the X-Men comics recently. Go read some before you make some stupid judgmental decisions. What you just said was 99.9% invalid. I even laughed cause that stupidity level was killing me, unless to made this thread to piss peeps off.

Seconded.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.