Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11231 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

cyclops question

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XsPectre28

wondering if the void played any part of the whole AVX scenario & if it will come back up soon. or is the void even still in scott's mind

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

@XsPectre28: I think the portion of the Phoenix Scott had woulda ousted the void if it had been there. The phoenix suppressed Cyttorak in Colossus the whole time. No sign of the Void coming back that I know of.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
    Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won't be surprised if it is used as some escape goat down the road to explain things.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XsPectre28

just re researched it it was a part of the void not the whole void but im not saying that it was in control at anytime but that it could have had an influence over him.... as the P5 were all connected all of them save colossus had/have a darkside i just think that it should have played a part or even it just escaped along with the phoenix force when scott was defeated

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

@Andy Steven Summers said:

I won't be surprised if it is used as some escape goat down the road to explain things.

I could see that, though I don't think they need to.....it was the Phoenix after all. They're totally forgiving Scarlet Witch for her murders because she was possessed by something (I'm trying to remember the specifics of Children's Crusade) so I don't know why people are so interested in blaming Scott and the rest of the Phoenix Five. I liked Scott's point that it was Tony Stark's device that split the Phoenix into pieces in the first place.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By XsPectre28

@ApatheticAvenger said:

The sliver of the Void that Scott trapped in his mind is just that, trapped. Xavier confirmed that after the fact, noting that Scott has completely imprisoned it, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the world's most powerful mind knows what he's talking about.

very true but that was before his mind was invaded/corrupted by the phoenix force

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@ApatheticAvenger said:

@XsPectre28 said:

@ApatheticAvenger said:

The sliver of the Void that Scott trapped in his mind is just that, trapped. Xavier confirmed that after the fact, noting that Scott has completely imprisoned it, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the world's most powerful mind knows what he's talking about.

very true but that was before his mind was invaded/corrupted by the phoenix force

I have very little doubt that we've seen the last of the Void.

I doubt he will be in any near future though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.