Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11209 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Could Scott be becoming the next Magneto?

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PYH000

Those who know Magneto would know he follows the "ends to justify the means" philosophy by using force and violence for the betterment of mutantkind.

Dupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Dupe

I'm already finding it strange they gathered up all of the mutants to live on Asteroid M. Which is exactly what Magneto wanted to do yet back then they stopped him. I guess it's understandable with Norman having the power and all but it still strikes me as odd. We'll see what comes from Nation X.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Suicide Leper & Messiah War.  In order to save his species of approximately 200 people, he was willing to sacrifice 3 of their youngest & most powers kids.  That sacrifice would have killed hundreds, if not thousands of people and possible a couple of extra mutants when the Legacy Virus had finished ravaging it's way through their bodies and made them explode.  Despite the nature of time travel (letting them pick & choose when to arrive) he was willing to sacrifice roughly 1 to 2 % of the population he claims to be fighting for.  And at the end of it, his urgency made no difference as everything went back to the way it was before... except that the 'threat' from Surge & Hellion boosted the campaign to put the MDR into force, therefore creating another greater and immediate threat to the mutant population.  That was really worth the sacrifice.

Utopia.  Dances round like a prat, acts like a school boy, all to become the founding father of a mutant nation.  At least Genosha was half a world away from the US, instead of being in pond on the front yard.  San Francisco Bay is still part of the US.  Being in US waters doesn't make it their own nation.  But a few half-arsed words from Cyclops means they're all going to live in harmony on a floating piece of magnetic rock? 

I'd say Cyclops already IS the new Magneto.

Dupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Dupe
    @xerox-kitty: God i can't wait for Nation X where Magneto comes to gloat :p
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Dupe said:
    " @xerox-kitty: God i can't wait for Nation X where Magneto comes to gloat :p "
    I wish I could join you there, but it's still being written by Fraction & drawn by Land... so I'm saving my money for Necrosha instead ;)
    PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By PYH000
    @Dupe: Asteroid M? That's an interesting thing to put it.

@xerox-kitty: Quite a lot of dirty deeds from Scott. I haven't been reading much X-foce so I wouldn't know what Cyclops has been up to although I saw an image of Wolverine attacking him. I suppose the ol' canuckle head is finally trying to straighten him out.
    The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By The Sadhu

He is starting to sound more like Magneto now... but he will never be Magneto!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.