Follow

Cyclops

Character » Cyclops appears in 11232 issues.

The first X-Man, Scott Summers possesses the mutant ability to fire powerful concussive blasts through his eyes that act as a portal to another dimension full of the force that makes up his optic blast. He is visually distinctive for the ruby quartz visor he wears to control his devastating power. A born leader, Cyclops succeeded his mentor Professor X to command the X-Men.

Contacts?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

I don't know if it was ever addressed in the books, but have the writers ever thought about giving Cyclops Ruby Quartz colored contact lenses? I mean he wouldn't be able to really use his powers with them, but at least he'd have a break from his glasses/visor

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

I vaguely remember something about it.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

I think it was during Morrison's run. Course if he has them on underneath his visor his visor won't work will it? Imagine having to face a bad guy but you've got to remove your contacts first.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Kallarkz
    @PrinceIMC said:
    I think it was during Morrison's run. Course if he has them on underneath his visor his visor won't work will it? Imagine having to face a bad guy but you've got to remove your contacts first.
    I think to avoid him from being placed in this situation they have not focused on this.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

Penthouse Letters has taught me that Contact lens often fall out rather easy, and the only way Cyclops will be able to find them on the floor, is if two hunky guys call Rod and Steel assist him. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.