Follow

Cyblade

Character » Cyblade appears in 158 issues.

Cyblade is a member of Cyberforce. She is a meta-human who possesses the ability to create and manipulate electromagnetic energy. The energy manifests itself through her fingertips where it can then be used to perform functions limited only to Cyblade's imagination.

Early Review/Preview Cyblade #3

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    There is something about this Cyblade series.  I think it's the combination that she can majorly kick ass yet she is also vulnerable at times.  Seeing her fight for her freedom early in her career has been interesting and entertaining.  There's already been tons of comparisons to Jennifer Garner's "Alias."  I do think that is part of the charm.  Cyblade is like "Alias" but times 10.  Reading through the issues, you can almost feel it as a live action feature.

Joshuah Hale Fialkov continues to add depth and character to Cyblade.  There is more to her hard persona.  She may have a bunch of cybernetic implants in her but she is far more human than the 'enemy' is.  Lee Ferguson's art usually works for me.  It is good but sometimes the characters appear a bit cartoony.  More so if they are in the background.  Perhaps there's a part of me that can still recall Marc Silvestri's artwork. 

Because of the characterization given to Cyblade along with the action and suspense, I give this issue a 4.5 out of 5.  There's a whole hidden world of esponage going on.  Things are set up in this issue to add to that feel.  I'm not totally crazy about the lovey-dovey parts but I understand how it is important to Cyblade's development.  There is also a very nice Stjepan Sejic cover.

And the last page promises to give us some hardcore action in issue 4.

Here's the preview:
    Cyblade #3
    (W) Joshua Hale Fialkov    (A) Lee Ferguson        (Cov) Rick Mays, Stjepan Sejic

Dominique's hard decision leads to her salvation, but with Cyberdata on her heels, can the Resistance rally themselves fast enough to stand up against an army of SHOC Troops? With a special appearance by another member of CYBERFORCE!

Cover A – Rick MaysCover B – Stjepan Sejic
    Full Color        32 pages        $2.99      limited series

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

WonderBoy1132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WonderBoy1132

Kind of reminds me of psylocke?

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

The interior art has prevented me from reading this.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

The art isn't bad. It sorta lapses a tiny bit at moments.  She's a great character and it's a shame to let that get in the way.

And she may slightly resemble Psylocke but their characters are pretty far off from each other.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Media_Master

Pretty cover

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By pixelized

isn't this a different penciler than the first 2 issues?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By King_Saturn
    Cyblade is like a new badass Psylocke... the Artwork is Solid Indeed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.