Follow

Crossover

Concept » Crossover appears in 4490 issues.

A crossover is when two or more universes collide and characters from two distinct universes interact.

The Top Five Greatest Comics Crossovers

• 67 results
    Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Man of Lengend

5.Marvel vs DC this includes JLA vs Avengers (Dream fight over load) Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern Thor Vs Superman Batman vs Cap. Hawkeye vs Green arrow . Avengers vs superman etc...

4.Batman/Spawn (Nuff said)

3.Infinite Crisis (Seriously got me into DC more, Brought batman to his Wits end. and Found new Characters to read into.)

2. Infinity Gauntlet ( Made me rethink power in a comic period. Perfect Villain with the perfect group of heroes to take him on personally my favorite marvel story.)

1. The Marvel Events Civil War Secret Invasion,Dark Reign (hated Siege) messiah war, Second coming... with the new X force, Heroic Age - Fear Itself Schism..... Total Sucker for them ,but they do need to slow down with them asap

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Darkmount1

Hey, you guys should check out Red Rum-18's gallery on deviantart, where he's done a revamp of Amalgam comics. And I have to say that the characters he made out of the mergers he decided on are a little more...stable than the original ones.

RiddlingGambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By RiddlingGambit

Of those major crossovers I really loved Age of Apocalypse & Marvel Vs DC. Of the non-major crossovers I would pick as my favorites the following series; Batman/Aliens, Batman versus Predator, Superman Vs. Aliens, Robocop versus The Terminator, & Batman/Judge Dredd.

GBrutality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By GBrutality

that's so awesome that amalgam is on the list!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b749253880e5
    deactivated-5b749253880e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 2

Age of Apocalypse, Identity Crisis, DC One Million and The Infinity Gaunlet are EVENTS, not crossovers (a storyline combining characters or settings from separate fictional properties)...

As for my list: The Uncanny X-Men/The New Teen Titans, Hack/Slash VS the Reanimator, Punisher/Batman, Batman/Hellboy/Starman, and Planetary/Batman, with an honorable mention to WildC.A.T.S./X-Men series.

Stompa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Stompa

The only really good One Million issue was Lobo :-)

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Eyz

The whole Amalgam/Marvel Vs. DC was pretty epic. No other crossover since then as been that fun in my eyes. Good, sure. But fun as that? Nothing else compared to that!

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By armylife1124

I would vote for AoA, it was amazing, and I read it again recently, still great....I liked House of M too, I guess I like seeing the different reality type stuff.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By armylife1124

@spikevalentine said:

Age of Apocalypse, Identity Crisis, DC One Million and The Infinity Gaunlet are EVENTS, not crossovers (a storyline combining characters or settings from separate fictional properties)...

As for my list: The Uncanny X-Men/The New Teen Titans, Hack/Slash VS the Reanimator, Punisher/Batman, Batman/Hellboy/Starman, and Planetary/Batman, with an honorable mention to WildC.A.T.S./X-Men series.

Actually AoA, Identity Crises, etc... are crossovers, anytime characters branch through several different titles it is considered a crossover. You just thinking of brand crossovers, which are cool, but you have many Marvel Crossovers, and even X-Overs for the X-Men titles and spinoffs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b749253880e5
    deactivated-5b749253880e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

@ntb1124 said:

Actually AoA, Identity Crises, etc... are crossovers, anytime characters branch through several different titles it is considered a crossover. You just thinking of brand crossovers, which are cool, but you have many Marvel Crossovers, and even X-Overs for the X-Men titles and spinoffs.

AoA was an X-Men thing, Identity was a Justice League thing... using that logic, almost every single comic book since the late 80s is a crossover... how can you call that crossover when these characters are meant to exist in the context of a same universe? I might go as far as Uncanny X-Force meeting AoA X-Men is a crossover, but X-Men VS Fantastic Four was an event, not a crossover.

Within the comic book context, event refers to a special plot in the editorial line that moves in the canon of many titles, like Marvel ever since Avengers Disassembled. In exchange, crossover means that the characters cross over to another another universe with different context. The words alone should be enough to discern the two, you don't have to be an etymology PhD.

Words have a meaning, and the purpose of that is to have a clear concept of the idea you want to communicate, just like theory is not the same as hypothesis, comic book is not the same as graphic novel, crossover is not the same as event.

sladewilson30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#61  Edited By sladewilson30

the Infinity War, Heroes Reborn, Dc Infinite Crisis( the one where Superboy prime made his debut), Villains United, Avengers vs the Justice League, Secret Invasion, the storyline where Loki discovers a seventh Infinity Gem in the Ultraverse, and the Blackest Night.

600WPMPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By 600WPMPO

'Civil War' was a good crossover, IMHO.

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By bigsoto74

My top 2 Favorites are: 

1. Age of Apocalypse 
    2. Amalgam Age 

I wish Marvel and DC could work together and continue with some of the Amalgamed characters. Merging Batman with Wolverine to create Dark Claw and merging Joker with Sabretooth to make Hyena was pure genius. Superman with Capt America to create Super Soldier was another Home Run in my opinion and well as Storm and Wonder Woman. That whole series was full of awesomeness. I mean I never collected Flash or Ghost Rider books, but when they combined to form Speed Demon I would have got a subscription in a heartbeat. 

P.S. Maybe it can happen in the future when Disney buys DC too.....lol
    TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By TifaLockhart

I'm surprised Avengers/JLA didn't make the cut. Personally, my favorite crossover was Lobo/Mask.

justinblam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By justinblam

crossovers rock! I loved the blackest night

tenebyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#66  Edited By tenebyss

I find it funny that on another list, Identity Crisis is considered one of Dc's top ten worst. The list complained that it was too dark and killed off characters just for the sake of shock value. Just goes to show you you can't please everyone.

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By blazinasian112

5. Batman: No Man's Land

4. Age of Apocalypse

3. War of Kings

2. Messiah Trilogy (Complex, War, Second Coming)

1. Dark Angel Saga

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.