Is it neccesary?

ThunderShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By ThunderShade

Is it neccersary for me to read Countdown in order to better understand Final Crisis?

Also, I understand that the entirety of Countdown was unpopular, but would I get anything out of reading the related events like Countdown: Arena and Salvation Run?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian

I think that a lot of things from Countdown were retconned eventually. I don't think it's essential in order to understand Final Crisis. That's my opinion.
    Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Night Thrasher

You don't really have to read Countdown to get Final Crisis... but suffering through it does help make Final Crisis a little more understandable.

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

Allegedly, Countdown contradicts Final Crisis quite a few times in its continuity, and I can't recall ever reading any praise for Countdown whatsoever (only complaints) so I wouldn't read it if I were you.  (By the way, I haven't read it either.)

ThunderShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By ThunderShade

Well thats that sorted, I did find Final Crisis quite underwhelming considering the hype. . .

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Zoom

Wanderer is right.  Countdown contradicts FC.  Plus it was terrible in every way.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.