Follow

Connor Hawke

Character » Connor Hawke appears in 434 issues.

Connor Hawke is the son of Oliver Queen. After his father's untimely death, Connor took up the mantle of Green Arrow, and retained it even after Oliver's resurrection. He is among the world's greatest martial artists and archers in the DC universe.

Does Connor Hawke have any feats?

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By velle37

He gets a high rep from being attacked by Shiva. 

But he doesn't have many feats outside of the ridiculous notion that he can stalemate Richard dragon in that highly fanboyist non-canon tangent series about Richard Dragon. 

Not a spite thread, i just want to know what he's done...........
    Cats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cats

I'm also curious, so bump

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Well he went toe to toe with Richard Dragon as well and didn't do to bad.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By daredevil21134

cool
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By cascadeking09
    @velle37 said:

He gets a high rep from being attacked by Shiva.  But he doesn't have many feats outside of the ridiculous notion that he can stalemate Richard dragon in that highly fanboyist non-canon tangent series about Richard Dragon.  Not a spite thread, i just want to know what he's done...........

Wow, I've just been lurking around and noticed that nobody actually answered your quetion. If you still care or haven't found out yet, Connor spent most of his life training in the monastery. I guess it' probably all he could do for fun and he easily took down Ollie in spar when they first met.  Then he had to challenge the silver monkey in order to get his master back into his home, but he lost. He has a few fights against some other skilled fighters and a few fodders in between, but they fight again then Connor beats him. After that he has to face large groups of members of the same cult that silver monkey is from along with Bruce, Dick, and Tim and beats them easily. Then that's when he fights Lady Shiva and stalemates her.

The whole reason why Lady Shiva wanted to fight him in the first place was because he challenged Silver Monkey  and the fight was recorded and passed around and eventually word got out that he'd beaten him in a rematch.
    velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By velle37
    @cascadeking09 said:
    @velle37 said:

He gets a high rep from being attacked by Shiva.  But he doesn't have many feats outside of the ridiculous notion that he can stalemate Richard dragon in that highly fanboyist non-canon tangent series about Richard Dragon.  Not a spite thread, i just want to know what he's done...........

Wow, I've just been lurking around and noticed that nobody actually answered your quetion. If you still care or haven't found out yet, Connor spent most of his life training in the monastery. I guess it' probably all he could do for fun and he easily took down Ollie in spar when they first met.  Then he had to challenge the silver monkey in order to get his master back into his home, but he lost. He has a few fights against some other skilled fighters and a few fodders in between, but they fight again then Connor beats him. After that he has to face large groups of members of the same cult that silver monkey is from along with Bruce, Dick, and Tim and beats them easily. Then that's when he fights Lady Shiva and stalemates her.  The whole reason why Lady Shiva wanted to fight him in the first place was because he challenged Silver Monkey  and the fight was recorded and passed around and eventually word got out that he'd beaten him in a rematch.
    Thanx man. By now I know a little more about Connor than I did a year ago, but the input is well appreciated. 
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cascadeking09
    @velle37: you're welcome
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @cascadeking09: He never "stalemated Shiva." She downs him at the end of the fight and is set to deliver the Leopard Paw (a single killing strike) but is persuaded not to by Tim Drake.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Gambler: That's because he wasn't fighting to kill her. I agree that it wasn't really a stalemate, but both Batman and Tim called it that because she was beat up just as badly as he was.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @cascadeking09: I'm sorry dude but she wasnt. It was a great fight but he was clearly defeated at the end. You can say he wasnt trying to kill her but even if that were true that would only affect his offense, and not his ability to avoid getting his ass kicked. Actually its Shiva who seemingly is holding back and even says something to the effect of, "You're good, but this ends now." And then she proceeds to nearly kill him (would have had it not been for Robin). She was hurt, but he was down and out. She's still standing fully functional at the end of the battle and he cant even get up. Batman says the fight will gain Conner the number 2 ranking, not that he stalemated Shiva.
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Gambler: I just read this recently. She also says  " Defeat me in combat and you can take my place" Connor says "No thanks" and she says "Then you will die."  He even asked her when they first started fighting why she would kill him just because he was a skilled fighter. Before she says something like "The dance is over and the killing begins . The final moves are here" after that she also says "Pure defense will not save you." She says things like that throughout the fight. They fought for a good while before she got ready to use the lepord's blow.  Tim did say that the fight was a draw.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Nighthunter

The thing is, Connor learns the moves of everyone he already fought so even if he has a lot of loses he has become one of the top fighters because he has fought with and against Batman, Lady Shiva, Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, Silver Monkey and Richard Dragon

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @cascadeking09:No, Robin does not say it was a draw
    No Caption Provided
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @cascadeking09: You also have the order of dialog slightly mixed up. After she decided to turn lethal he has no defense against her.
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Gambler: He did, sir. It's on the next page
    No Caption Provided

You're also missing one page, where they're trading blows. That's where Shiva says " Pure defense will not save you, all I need is an opening." and then Connor says "All I need is an opening too Shiva. Can you take a hit as well as you deliver?" Just to be clear I don't really think it was a draw, but a really close win for Shiva.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@cascadeking09: You're right, Robin does condridicte himself in that last panel. Forgot about that. Here's the fight so people can judge for themselves. I will say that Robin's comment is more "off the cuff" instead of an actual factual statement. He's more making a remark about how nonchalantly Batman responded to the fight. I'll post that panel as well.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

As you can see, Shiva is talking/walking fine. Conner's been down and out for about three panels and can only grunt. I'd say its not even close to a stalemate/draw but I'm slightly bias.

Here's Batman's response. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cascadeking09
    @Gambler: Well actually I think the reason Tim said that it was a draw is because they both survived it, though the only reason Connor survived was because Tim stepped in. Maybe I'm a little biased too, but the way I see is that Connor was holding back and took more damage than Shiva because he wouldn't go for the kill, at least that's what I'd like to think.
    TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By TheDandyMan

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.